January 2024 Moms
Options

The Big Announcement

When are you and your partner planning on announcing your pregnancy? I know many people wait until the 2nd trimester but I’ve seen some people announce right away!

Re: The Big Announcement

• Options
    mel2457mel2457 member
    I have an US next week at around 7 weeks. It’s right before my daughters first birthday party.  If everything looks good we will probably tell the grandparents after the party. I can’t wait to see their faces, they will not be expecting it! Everyone else we’ll wait til after 12 weeks. I go back to work soon too and will hopefully be in the running for a promotion. A bit worried about how being pregnant again will affect that, so might keep it to myself even longer. Although I feel like I’m already showing!
  • Options
    We told our parents and siblings right away. I figure if anything were to happen I would want their support anyway. As far as spreading the news widely we will wait until 2nd tri.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m 6w5d today and we have already told most of our families and close friends. We have our first US in a couple days, but we’re going to wait until the 12 week mark or so to post on social media.
  • Options
    We weren’t planning on telling anyone until 12 weeks to keep it a fun surprise.  But I had talked to my boss about it since I needed later start times for morning blood draws to time the transfer, and I didn’t want him to worry or think I was being shady.  Welp, he told the staff that was what I was doing, so everyone knew when my transfer was happening. I wasn’t thrilled about it.  And then when someone happened to catch me eating a cracker, they knew.  Our office is tiny and I have zero privacy so it was easier just to say yes than to deny and try to hide.

So much for keeping a surprise…I decided if my whole staff knew, then it wasn’t really fair to keep it from our families so we told our parents and siblings.  When i have the ultrasound this week, I’ll tell my grandmother.  After that, waiting until my 12 week ultrasound.  Unless I start showing sooner.  Baby #3 and my abs have given up!
  • Options
    I don't want to tell anyone at all. This is baby #6 and my family is not supportive. My partner and I and our kids live a nice life and it doesn't affect them personally but there's so much negativity. And my family will be hurt/offended if I tell my friends and not them so I'm not telling anyone for as long as I can. I just want to enjoy this pregnancy.
  • Options
    hmmm not sure 😂 
    we had a chemical in 2019 and only knew for 2 days, but it destroyed us. So we are being careful and watching numbers since I am pretty sure ill be considered “high risk”. All we know is his parents will know first. 

I may do something with “we thought it was time to even out the grandchild/cousin crew numbers” (this will #10 now that my sil added 4 bonus kids) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    savreddsavredd member
    I told my parents and grandma, as well as my 2 closest friends and my boss. My boyfriend told one of his closest friends but we are keeping it from his family for now. His family is great but none can keep a secret and we have an upcoming custody case for one of his daughters from a previous relationship and don’t want this news to play any role in it. I feel bad because I know he wants to talk to his sisters but we both agreed it would be best to wait. We plant to “officially” announce it a couple weeks after the 2nd trimester. That will give us time to make sure everything is okay with baby, get through court, and go through our planned vacation without a bunch of people telling me what I should and shouldn’t do on vacation.
  • Options
    jmecampjmecamp member
    Since we did IVF, our parents, sisters and nieces and nephews know. We also told a few friends during the process and one of my Aunts.

We had a pretty traumatic loss in Feb of 22 with an ectopic rupture and hardly anyone knew we were pregnant. Since I almost died, we wanted to be transparent with our nearest and dearest with the IVF journey. It’s been wonderful having that additional support.

We plan to make the big announcement the second week of July, I’ll be close to 14 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm waiting to announce to my parents on Father's Day! This will be our first baby and my parents' first grandchild. My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer 6 months ago so his life has been really hard lately. I can't wait to share the joy with him that he's going to be a grandpa!
  • Options
    We went the IVF route and are deciding to wait until after our vacation to tell our families (we are worried they will throw a fit if they know we are pregnant and going on a plane even though it’s safe). So they’ll learn around the 18 week mark. 
    We haven’t told them about anything of this journey, it’s been almost 3 years so they’re all going to be very surprised when we tell them. 
  • Options
    We told our close friends and family not long after we found out, mainly because I was so sick and it was noticeable and I had to stop dance and my usual day to day stuff went from busy busy to sleep and sick. We will officially Announce to the rest of the world in the next few weeks. I’m 9+3 today so most likely at 12 weeks. I’ve had 2 ultrasounds already and all seems good but haven’t had our first prenatal appt yet 
  • Options
    Our close friends and family already know, but I don’t plan on spreading the news widely or posting on social media until after 12 weeks. Honestly though, my husband and I are terrible at keeping it a secret!