October 2023 Moms

Anyone dealing with insomnia?

About a week ago I started dealing with insomnia. I have bad allergies and that was part of it. I've been waking to pee at 130am and have trouble falling back asleep. This happened to me tonight and it's almost 4am. Any recommendations???

Re: Anyone dealing with insomnia?

• lindz42lindz42 member
    I'm definitely having trouble sleeping. For me, I wake up and my legs or arms are sore, so I need to roll over and try to fall asleep again. My obgyn recommended magnesium for the leg soreness, so I'm going to grab that soon. Also, sometimes I'm just not comfortable so I have to readjust my pillows and everything.

Are you sleeping with a pregnancy pillow? If you feel like it's definitely allergies, perhaps you could prop up your pillows so that your head is elevated a little more, to help you breathe? I know this helps with me when I'm dealing with indigestion or heartburn... 
  • AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    Yes if I wake up at night (frequent to take son to the bathroom) I have difficulty falling back to sleep. Also my hips have been hurting a lot so I have been sleeping in the recliner which I highly recommend. 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely recommend magnesium lotion! Helps with soreness/cramping in legs and feet, and also with falling asleep. 
  • linh18linh18 member
    I'm definitely having trouble falling back asleep too if I wake up to use the bathroom in the night. And I have 4 different pillows including a wedge to raise my legs, a cylinder pillow to hug, and one for behind my back. It's not that I'm uncomfortable (usually) I'm just wide awake.