January 2024 Moms

Baby # 3

Anyone having baby number 3 and is super nervous about it? I am expecting our 3rd child and I honestly am so nervous about what our life will look like. I currently have a 9 year old son who is diagnosed with ADHD and level 2 autism. And our second son who is almost 3 is in the process of being diagnosed with autism as well. Our lives are absolutely chaotic. I work 7-4 and my husband works 12-8, I have weekends off and he has Mondays and Wednesdays off. At times I very much feel like a single parent and am nervous just touring the 2 boys out to do anything as they can make things extremely difficult. I am so excited for our 3rd baby but i am also very anxious about trying to find a balance with everyone's wants and needs. Also, I honestly have no idea what to expect as I have always been behind all of my friends in regards to having children, but now I am going to be the only one with 3 children lol. Guess I'm just looking for some reassurance and also needing to vent about this as no one really knows yet that we are expecting our 3rd.

Re: Baby # 3

• Baby #3 here! Have an almost 19 month old girl and a 2 year 2 month old girl… did sneak peek and found out we have baby brother joining the crew! Due January 1st 🎉🥳 same situation here with only friends who have children already having one or two so I’ll be the Guinea pig on three. My husband jokes were now going from man to man to zone defense 🤪 good luck mama, you got this and we’ll figure it out hopefully with some grace kindness and patience for ourselves! 🫶🏼
  • Oh you must be so excited to be having a boy! We are really hoping fir a girl this time around but I don't want to find out until the baby is born, my husband on the other hand is so eager to find out. I wish I knew if I let just him find out that he wouldn't accidentally let me know lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Also on baby #3!  Two girls at home and were hoping for the boy.  But if not, i have TONS of girl clothes saved!  We’ll find out with NIPT around 12 weeks.  

I’m very excited, relieved because this will definitely be our last (and I don’t love being pregnant), but also nervous because our two toddlers take so much time and energy that I wonder how we’ll do adding a newborn to the mix!  But we decided to do it sooner rather than later because we’re not getting any younger!
  • Congratulations on your upcoming third child! It's understandable to feel nervous about adding another child to an already chaotic household, but know that you are not alone in this. Many parents have successfully navigated similar situations and you can too.

It sounds like you and your husband have a challenging work schedule, but it's important to prioritize time for family and self-care. Maybe consider reaching out to friends or family members who can offer support or assistance with childcare. Additionally, there are many resources available for families with children who have ADHD and autism, such as support groups and therapy programs.

Remember that it's okay to ask for help and take things one day at a time. Having three children may require some adjustments, but it will also bring new joys and experiences. You've got this!
  • Congratulations! #3 here too. I have a 10 year old girl and 7 year old boy-both who are on the spectrum with severe adhd as well. 

Its like starting over 😂 we are excited, but im also super nervous. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Baby number 8 here! Life’s crazy busy but when isn’t it? It’ll be an adjustment for sure but you guys will find a new normal and schedule. Thankfully I’ve found that the more you have the more the babies just tend to go along with the flow and adjust to your life!
  • Third baby due here. We had our first two in less than one year and then I had my tubes tied in 2014. Same husband lol but we decided this year to do a reversal on my tubal ligation. Received a positive pregnancy result on May 8th. Tonight is tough, the morning sickness has been losing everything I ate today. My stomach is in knots. I’m 11 years out from my last baby and this is kicking my butt tonight.
  • Hey momma! 
    Congratulations. Just know you are not alone! 
    I have 2 kiddos with severe ADHD and ASD (level 2 and a level 1). Kidds are a little older, but not much (currently 10 and 7). 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Food poisoning in early pregnancy was no joke! I thought at first it was a bout of morning sickness but no, it was 100% food poisoning.