August 2023 Moms
Options

May symptoms

Re: May symptoms

• Options
    I am feeling like my belly is huge. Getting a lot of the am I sure about due date and how many babies are in there comments from people. Yes, I’m sure about when I conceived and when my lmp was, and I seriously doubt a 2cd baby hid from two ultrasounds. But I’ve busted out my belly band/brace earlier and have been having increasingly more hip and pelvic discomfort and pain. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 same. I feel huge, like how much bigger will l get with this one?! I haven’t had comments about my size …yet, but random strangers keep asking me if I need help with lifting things into my vehicle or handling my kids bags. It seems innocent but then I’m like…do I look too big to handle this?! 

That and people asking when I’m due but when I just say August, they always ask what day. It’s never ok August. They always turn and say oh what day in August. Uhhh whenever the doctor decides to induce me or when the baby decides to come, it’s that day….in August. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel so big and have been getting a few comments when I’m out and about in normal clothes… but my scrubs at work cut into me super weird (I need to buy maternity ones yet) and make me all lumpy and fat looking :(. A bunch of my coworkers at my second job said “I had no idea you are pregnant!” when I mentioned it this weekend. Honestly that just made me sad! I’m like… look at this picture of me in regular clothes at home, I look pregnant and have a cute lil belly!!! 

Also pretty sure my ridiculous H size boobs don’t help, they take the attention away from everything else and stick out almost as far as the belly lol.

I know I shouldn’t care but as a little thicker girl my whole life I just really want to have the cute belly that people notice. 

• Options
    @cherrystorming Go get you some comfortable scrubs! I bought some maternity low rise underwear and it has been life changing. Absolutely amazing! I’m sure a comfy pair of scrubs will be just as life changing. 
  • Options
    estadtestadt member
    Okay anyone else dealing with 24/7 heartburn it’s killing me, and has mad me throw up a few times. I have a call into my midwife’s to see but ugh it’s torture 
  • Options
    estadtestadt member
    ALSO muscle cramps my magnesium supplements seems to set off my heart burn terribly so I have thrown that up more than anything which I think is causing my muscle cramps to become more frequent.
  • Options
    msjaaymsjaay member
    Restless legs and charlie horses are killing me at night lately. I notice it more on gym days, so I'm sure it's dehydration. I'm drinking electrolyte powder and as much water as I can and using magnesium lotion on my legs at night. I just ordered magnesium supplements and gummies. I'm determined to fix this lol.
  • Options
    I have vulvar varicosities 🫠🫠🫠💔 super uncomfortable, feels like I just gave birth. Ordered a pelvic sling thingy that arrives tomorrow hopefully that helps this pain! And have placed ice packs but can’t lay around with ice packs all day! 
  • Options
    I feel like I get super irritated and overstimulated lately. I’ve been yelling at DS more lately and I really don’t like yelling. My mom was a yeller and it’s something I’ve been working on for a while and I was doing really good at not yelling but idk it’s like it just comes out these days, I feel so bad!

also sick of pregnancy rhinitis, I just want to breathe normally again!
  • Options
    This is the next fun phase right?! I’ve been really stressed and irritable recently. I have a short fuse and I warn the kids that my tolerance level is low and I feel bad. DH already had a low tolerance level for the girls and I’m usually the one smoothing things out, it’s been rough the past week or so. He gets irritated and it makes me more irritated and then I go all yelling at everyone. 

Same with work. Although I don’t yell at anyone there. I just get super irritated about all the little things that are going on. I told them I’m checking out soon with my duties and they will need to pick up the slack. It’s too much and I’m exhausted just from stress by the end of the week. 

Other than that my kid just keeps kicking the crap out of me, all the time. I like his little kicks but he moves constantly and there are some pretty good jabs at this point. 

• Options
    Glad to hear I'm not alone in the discomfort at this stage! I was always told the second trimester was the best, but honestly it was harder than the first for me. I feel so so heavy, especially at the end of the day to the point it's hard to get up or shift my position laying in bed. Also feeling uncomfy and not cute in my clothes, so a shopping trip is much needed! The good news is that this boy is growing and is strong given his karate kicks and punches! Can't wait to meet him, totally worth the discomfort 😊  
  • Options
    ki1244ki1244 member
    I just feel huge. I know every body is different but it's annoying that I'm literally the same size as two friends who are due in like two weeks and I'm like I STILL HAVE ANOTHER TRIMESTER TO GO. the cute baby bump is out the window.

She also was rolling around so much the other day I got motion sick. But I do find it hilarious that if I accidentally bump her, she hits back pretty consistently. If this is any indication of her personality, Lord give me strength.
  • Options
    @ki1244 my kids just learned the poke mom’s belly game. I did it with the girls too, “like hello it’s me”. You try to figure out where their little feet are, you press a bit and get a nice kick back. The girls spent a good amount of time trying to get him to move and kick their hands last night. I didn’t let them poke me the whole time but it’s fun just watching him kick or move my belly around. 
  • Options
    I have never been so tired in my life! My sleep is garbage and my allergies are killing me. Week 26 has been kicking my butt! Where’s my pregnancy glow!? I just have dark circles :(
  • Options
    Feeling everyone on the discomfort. We’re supposed to be cruising at 25 weeks but no. How are there 15 weeks to go? If my ankles and feet swell more they will pop. Also my belly button has popped to the point where I’m about to put a bandaid on it, I’m kind of embarrassed by it. 
  • Options
    ki1244ki1244 member
    I had a band aid on mine for a week or so. It was soooooooo sensitive. Took my weekly bump pic today (whoops, new week tomorrow) and I'm roughly where I was at 30 weeks with my daughter, which was huge compared to normal people. This is a damn joke. My daughter's dance teacher was telling us today about how her SIL is due any day now with the baby she found out about at 26 weeks. I was like "yeah, I'm not quite to 26 weeks yet" and I look like I could deliver tomorrow. Cannot even fathom not knowing until this point.
  • Options
    I’m suddenly eating a ton. I’m assuming the baby is growing. I’m scared to even step on the scale. I’m sorry everyone feels so bad. I’m actually feeling pretty decent right now. I think it has a lot to do with the amount of weight I have gained during this pregnancy. Definitely not as much as my last one. I’m out of breath a lot. We have 2 flights of stairs in the house and I’m climbing them all day long. I have been enjoying hot epson salt baths every night. They really help me sleep better at night. 
  • Options
    lmn823lmn823 member
    Speaking about gaining weight my not so great mom told me I’m fat. Told me I have fat calves and I need to eat less. Said she only gained 7 lbs for all 3 of her pregnancies back in the 80s. My sister was with us when she said that and told my mother that it’s really sad to say that and it makes people sad. She said it while we were walking and I screamed at my mother I’m not fat I’m fuxkibg pregnant! This older couple just shrugged their heads as they passed by at her. MIND YOU I have gained 12 lbs so far at 27 weeks. My sister who was with us never had my mother say that to her and she gained over 40 lbs her first pregnancy. 

Spoke to my SO and he suggested maybe it’s best to avoid her until after the baby is born to avoid unnecessary stress. Also, if anyone was paying attention from previous post she’s my mom who has a gambling problem and she now said she’s only coming to my baby shower bc what would my MIL think? Not for the kindness of her heart that she wants to be there for me, but what would people think of her for not coming? 
  • Options
    msjaaymsjaay member
    I'm starving too @emeraldcity603. It hit me out of nowhere the past two weeks!

I'm much less restrictive about my eating this time around and my weight gain is showing for it. I was looking forward to our last growth scan and the baby was only in the 29th percentile. Which I know isn't abnormal, but my daughter was in the 50th at this point (up until 32w) and eventually became IUGR. I think I'm just in my head a little bit that it's going to happen again and was hoping this baby would be bigger since I'm eating more and the umbilical cord is normal  :|
  • Options
    @lmn823 wow! I may have throat punched my mom if she called me fat. I have gone zero contact with my mom for 4.5 years now. She is so ridiculously toxic. 

@msjaay I weighed myself this morning and I am up another 4lbs. Makes sense because I have been shoving so much food in my mouth. I need to start meal planning so I can plan out my snacks and meals so I can eat a little healthier. 
  • Options
    @lmn823 wow I am so sorry. That comment alone is enough for no contact, but add in the stuff about the baby shower and the gambling? I think your SO may have a point. Will it be more stressful having her around during this time or telling her you’ll see her after the baby is born? Will the people at your shower be aware of her history/not surprised if she isn’t there?
  • Options
    @lmn823 that is awful! I’m so sorry! I would probably cry and then ignore her. Grr. 

I’m also starving recently. I feel like I’ve put on 5lbs in the last week. I know that is not true but I did put on 20lbs in third trimester last time 😬😬 I need to eat some veggies. I’m feeling large.
  • Options
    msjaaymsjaay member
    @lmn823 that is awful. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. My mom loves to tell me she only gained 10 lbs with me and my sister, but has never gone to that level. Also,12 lbs is completely normal (not that it matters!).
  • Options
    lmn823lmn823 member
    I try not to tell my MIL anything to look like I’m bad mouthing my mother. But I’ve been with her son for 4 years so I know she wouldn’t be surprised nor would anyone else if she didn’t go. But yeah I’m overall drained from my mom, the worst is she thinks nothing of it and so it’s not like I can express this to her. It’s nothing new. It’s talking to a wall. Years of damage from her. I’ve cut her off before for months and then when I decide to talk to her again she just picks back up and forgot I blocked her for that time and acts like nothing is wrong. 
  • Options
    slothstatusslothstatus member
    edited May 2023
    I’m soooooo tired 😭
  • Options
    edited May 2023

I’m so tired 😭
  • Options
    estadtestadt member
    @slothstatus 100% I have been getting random bursts of energy (like Sunday night at 9pm) where I have deep cleaned a small area then dead for a day or so 
  • Options
    Anyone else have pregnancy induced carpel tunnel? My hands literally don’t work in the morning and I’m in so much pain. 
  • Options
    estadtestadt member
    @ccmrc143 mine isn’t at full carpel tunnel yet and hopefully it doesn’t get to that point but my wrist and hands take a while to get moving in the morning my daughters hair is almost always braided for school and lately I have had to do it at night as my hands just won’t work to do it in the morning 
  • Options
    ki1244ki1244 member
    @ccmrc143 YUP. Have for a few weeks now. My OB's PA that I saw at 24 weeks suggested getting a brace for overnight sleep, but I remember first time around it didn't do much to help and just made sleep harder so I ditched that pretty quick then and didn't bother this time. But it is definitely not fun.
  • Options
    ccmrc143ccmrc143 member
    edited May 2023
    @estadt @ki1244 ugh it’s terrible!! I’m so sorry you’re also starting to face it. Yea my nurse also suggested a brace for overnight sleep. I am tired of waking up in pain so may try it. I had no idea this stuff was “normal” … and we’re not even all in our 3rd trimester yet!!! 
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 the wrist I broke last year has hurt a ton. I metal at the joint and it just feels so weird and achey. 
  • Options
    Hello :smile:
    I’m feeling big and swollen. Started yesterday cut out sat and sugar. Wish me luck.
  • Options
    Hi,
    I am 29 weeks this week.
    I’ve noticed that my baby has hiccups 3-4 times a day. Is this normal? 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Yeah frequent hiccups isn’t something to be concerned about IMO, but as always mention everything to your OB but something like this can wait until your next follow up 😊
  • Options
    estadtestadt member
    So this week has just been a week of exhaustion! I have 0 energy! Also good luck with chiropractic I do find it helps I don’t go as regularly as I should but definitely benefit from it 
  • Options
    msjaaymsjaay member
    I remember freaking out about frequent hiccups and I asked my doctor with my first. They said as long as they don't get super persistent in the last few weeks (could be an umbilical cord issue if later on and frequent), then everything is totally fine and a sign baby is doing well.
  • Options
    How are you feeling? 

the insomnia is real (she writes at nearly 2am). I’m exhausted all day, but as soon as I lay down in bed - restless legs, busy mind, and wide awake. 

anything for baby boy!! but dang it’s tough!