January 2024 Moms

Baby related content suggestions

Hello all! First time Mom hear and would love to hear anyone’s baby related content suggestions, books podcasts etc. Let me know what you loved thanks in advance! 

Re: Baby related content suggestions

• Congratulations on becoming a first-time mom!

There are so many great resources out there for new moms, and it can be overwhelming to figure out where to start. Here are a few suggestions:

Books:

"The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Dr. Harvey Karp
    "Bringing Up Bébé" by Pamela Druckerman
    "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" by La Leche League International
    Podcasts:

"The Longest Shortest Time"
    "Pregnancy Confidential"
    "The Birth Hour"
    Online Communities:

Reddit's r/Mommit or r/NewParents
    The Bump Community
    BabyCenter Community
    Remember that every baby is unique and what works for one may not work for another. Trust your instincts and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Best of luck on your new parenting journey!
  • Thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • What to expect when you’re expecting and what to expect the first year are both good reference guides in my opinion - not something to necessarily read front to back but to have around when questions arise. My husband and I also enjoyed Expecting Better and Cribsheet by Emily Oster. There are some really great Instagram accounts to follow too if you’re into that. 
  • mel2457mel2457 member
    Really recommend solid starts on Instagram about introducing food, reducing the risk of choking. And Precious Little Sleep was a great read about building good habits for baby sleep
  • Tips for New Parents: Share some useful tips for new parents on how they can take care of their baby, such as feeding, diapering, bathing, and soothing techniques.

Baby Development Milestones: Discuss the different developmental milestones that babies reach during their first year, including physical, cognitive, and social-emotional milestones.

Baby Gear Reviews: Review popular baby gear items like strollers, car seats, cribs, and baby carriers, and share your recommendations based on your experience or research.

Baby Food Recipes: Share healthy and easy-to-make recipes for baby food, such as purees, finger foods, and snacks.

Common Baby Health Concerns: Educate your audience about common health concerns for babies, such as colic, reflux, constipation, and teething, and share tips on how to manage them.

Baby Sleep Solutions: Offer tips and advice on how to help babies sleep better, including establishing a bedtime routine, creating a comfortable sleep environment, and dealing with sleep regressions.

Baby-Friendly Activities: Suggest fun and engaging activities that parents can do with their babies, such as sensory play, tummy time, and baby yoga.

I hope these suggestions help! Let me know if you need any more ideas.
  • Thank you!
  • Thank you! 
  • These are all great thank you!