July 2023 Moms

31 weeks baby dropped ?!? Anyone , stories, asap!

I'm 31 weeks and things have been hectic. My 7 yr old daughter whom is a pediatric cancer patient was admitted to PICU for high bilirubin amongst other things. She has been essentially fighting for her life. Very stressful alot of driving and thankfully daddy stayed with her. However while I was driving I had been having cramps and back pain and I had a huge THUDD in my belly. It was not the road. My back hurt all night when I got home I used the heating pad. I still feel her move but my belly looks almost smaller. I think she dropped. But I'm 31 weeks is that okay? Could I be going into labor soon?? 

Re: 31 weeks baby dropped ?!? Anyone , stories, asap!

• BTW my daughter passed a gall stone that was blocking and she has since made a great recovery in that sense. 💗 she's back at home and she's so happy! 
  • slynnmsslynnms member
    31w here also and mine looked smaller yesterday. I think it depends on their angle and positioning, my stomach is back to being more round today. I had lower back and lower abdominal cramping a week ago which doctor said is very normal as long as it ends up going away and you don't have other symptoms. Our bodies and babies are preparing for delivery so muscles are stretching causing discomfort periodically. All normal according to her but if you're ever concerned call your OB.
  • Loading the player...
  • 32.5 weeks, my little guy was sideways for the longest time but exactly at 32 weeks he rotated to head down. I felt smaller that very same day. I have been carrying high the whole pregnancy but now belly also looks lower. I think they still have awhile until they actually “drop” into position though 
  • So this is my 3rd pregnancy. Doctor confirmed she dropped and is in head down position with her back against my belly.  She is absolutely getting ready but since it's my third there's no telling when she'll come. Ob said once contractions get consistent every 15 mins or so for me to head over to L&D triage !!