Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment w/o May 15

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):

How are things going?:

Any questions?:

GTKY: What’s your favorite restaurant and what’s good there? 

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o May 15

• Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): DOR, RPL

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): benched

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): HBC ahead of surgery to remove RPOC

How are things going?: It’s surgery week! I’m nervous but also excited to be moving forward again instead of standing still. Surgery is Thursday and then a week of pelvic rest and waiting for the pathology report. I really hope this puts us on the path to a full term pregnancy. 

Any questions?: NATM

GTKY: What’s your favorite restaurant and what’s good there?  My current favorite is the only Indian restaurant for miles. Total hole in the wall hidden gem, no dine in just takeout. Everything there is excellent but my favorite is the vindaloo, extra hot🌶️ 
  • Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, blocked tube, lupus anticoagulant antibodies ama

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): medicated cycle - TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): femara

How are things going?: it was a tough week. The genetic testing all came back normal which is good. Mother’s Day wasn’t an easy day after our recent losses. 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What’s your favorite restaurant and what’s good there?  There is a little diner in our very small town in Vermont. They are open random hours, it’s in an old train station and teeny tiny. I’ve never gone there and not seen multiple people I know, and the menu is never the same twice and it’s always amazing. Also- if you don’t want what’s on the menu, the chef (who’s actually a chef from NYC who moved here during covid for a slower pace) will make it if they have the ingredients. And makes silly little flowers out of fruits for my kids. And everything is good there. 

@m@maggiemadeit good luck with your surgery!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I almost picked an Indian place as my favorite too, but none of the Indian places by us are consistently good. Most of the time it just isn’t spicy enough for us.

Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): Trying naturally still

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): H is doing acupuncture

How are things going?: Good. I had a consult with an acupuncturist and he said acupuncture can help me (and can help H too; apparently he had misunderstood and thought the acupuncturist had said it wouldn’t help his fertility). So H is going to continue acupuncture and I’ll start next cycle.

Any questions?: Nope

GTKY: What’s your favorite restaurant and what’s good there?
    I’m really not much of a foodie (honestly if I didn’t have to eat to survive I probably wouldn’t eat) so I don’t really have a favorite right now. The best thing I had from a restaurant recently was a shake from Shake Shack, so I’ll go with that.

• Options
    @maggiemadeit hope everything goes smooth with your surgery so you can get the show on the road! Indian is one cuisine I don't think I have ever actually tried. And I like spicy food so I should try it. I think DH has a place he might want to take me. And now I'm hungry at 10am even though I had PopTarts for breakfast :joy:

@charmedlifex3 yay for the normal genetic testing! I remember telling the RE that it was the first time I was happy to see a negative :D

@britters314 hope the acupuncture does the trick!

Diagnosis (if you've been): immune issues preventing pregnancy, need alllll the progesterone

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): we really should be benching ourselves but we're NTNP :#. Is it even NTNP if I'm tracking my cycles?

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): HOPEFULLY getting a consultation booked

How are things going?: my fate has been decided but I don't know yet what it is. I forwarded off my medical records from the last time I saw the RI and a week later I got notified that they could not schedule me at the moment. I've heard he may reject taking you on as a patient if he doesn't think he can help you but hello, he did once! I emailed back asking why and got a call from another staff member that explained why he was being very selective but she was going to be having a conversation with him after hours yesterday to discuss taking me on as a patient. I won't get into it but it has to do with the fact that I saw him at a fertility clinic before he had his own practice. She said she'd be getting back to me today so I hope I hear from her soon! If he still won't take me as a patient I'll need to start over with a new RI. Bleh. I hope not!

Any questions?: nope

GTKY: What’s your favorite restaurant and what’s good there? honestly, just about everywhere we ate during our honeymoon in Iceland was great. Had the best lobster I've ever had in my life. It was a pretty spendy meal at $150 for the 2 of us, but it was so worth it!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): FET 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): FET scheduled for Saturday! 

How are things going?: trying to stay busy and not be nervous. Hah. Counting down the days left in school - can’t wait for summer! 

Any questions?: nope

GTKY: What’s your favorite restaurant and what’s good there?  I love cafes and coffee shops - current fav is a local Danish bakery. The Kringle slice is the best! 

@maggiemadeit hope your surgery goes well!! 

@charmedlifex3 hooray for normal! Sorry Mother’s Day was a hard one, though. 

@britters314 hopefully acupuncture does the trick! 

@inthewoods23 fx they will take you on! Would be so annoying to have to start over! 
  • Options
    @halfanewt well damn, now I want a Kringle! Those are SO GOOD.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Just want to say thanks to everyone lending their good thoughts this week! 

@charmedlifex3 I’m sorry Mother’s Day was hard for you this year. I hate how loss can take some of the shine off of special days.

@britters314 You sound like my husband. It’s only fuel to him, whereas I grew up in a total food=love house so it’s all I ever think about 😂

@inthewoods23 Keeping my fingers crossed that you can get back in with your RI! 

@halfanewt I’m getting excited for you! So close now! How are you feeling? 

TLDR uterus update
    I had the hysteroscopy this morning. My RE cleared her morning schedule on a day she doesn’t even do surgeries and came in early for me and did the procedure even though it was supposed to be another doc at the practice. It was so reassuring. She’s wonderful. It turns out what she saw on the saline ultrasound wasn’t retained pregnancy tissue but actually Asherman’s. She removed the adhesions and took a biopsy. It makes sense based on my history *TW* loss (D&C, RPL), but not what I was expecting to hear today and not sure how it will impact the future. We’ll follow up once the pathology report is back and see if I need antibiotics, but she benched me for the next cycle to help my lining recover. Laying low the rest of the day because I’m a bit tender, but hopefully better after a good night sleep.