Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day?

Re: weekly check-in w/o 5.8.23

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept.11 22w +2

FTM/STM/STM+: #3 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Surprise 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Coconut 

Upcoming appointments: 5/23 Reg OB 

How are you feeling? Been sick with a cold for a week. Feeling better today. Round ligament pain and heartburn. 

Rants / Raves: Getting excited for camping season. Props to my hubby who finally went to the city with me and bought a new mattress for the holiday trailer! Hoping to get better sleeps this summer compared to last summer when I was also quite pregnant lol 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day? Before I had kids it was spending the day with my mom. We’d go for lunch and then to the greenhouse. Now, just spending the day with my babies. This year my husband is taking the kids and I fishing and then he’s going to drive to town to pick up something for supper. I’m thinking pizza! I’ll still go with my mom to the greenhouse just not until next week. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 23rd/ 20+5

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Surprise

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Banana

Upcoming appointments: June 5th for the 3D scan

How are you feeling? Emotionally: all over the place. Physically: tired and possibly getting a cold

Rants / Raves: We confirmed that we are moving!!! I'm soooo glad to be leaving this city and moving to a much better environment. No more people smoking in the hospital stairwells! I'm just so happy we are moving that the difficulties of actually moving in a month haven't hit me yet.

Questions: Did anyone experience frequent dizzy spells while pregnant? I have bren so dizzy to the point of almost fainting and it's getting worse. Told a doctor here about it and she just said "okay" and nothing else. (Yes, I know, this is why we want to move).

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day? I don't know. I'm not a mom yet and my relationship with my mom is not ideal. Maybe just another normal day?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: September 3rd 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Its a Girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Barbie Doll

Upcoming appointments: next week!

How are you feeling? I've been pretty ok just instant pain in my upper legs anytime I get up from sitting. Today I did have a dizzy spell and then start sweating bullets out of no where - it was weird

Rants / Raves: Rant to family (in-laws) that can talk crap and be rude all the time and the one time you snap back you become the bad guy 😅 Hi, its me.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day? I really like a mix of the day - morning with my little dude and then some sort of chill time in the afternoon 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Sep 25 / 20+4 (how??)

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Not sure 

Upcoming appointments:

Follow up anatomy scan on Tuesday 

How are you feeling?

Good during the day, eh at night. Tossing and turning like always and now the vivid dreams have kicked in.

Rants / Raves:

My youngest will be 2 in July and has decided all of a sudden that he is done with his crib. He’s been sleeping in the real bed for about a week and been doing great!

Questions:

Nope

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day?

I usually go out to brunch with my mom, aunts, and female cousins. Then my husband and boys and I make some sort of project (this year will probably be a baby doll cradle for the baby). And something good for dinner that my husband either cooks or picks up, depending on my mood. It’s usually a pretty perfect day!

• Options
    @mokamonster I’ve been having dizzy spells with this pregnancy and my doctor said it’s probably a combination of hormonal changes, low blood pressure (I’ve always been on the low end of normal, they are not concerned) and dehydration. She told me to try my best to stay hydrated. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 21w2days

FTM/STM/STM+: stm+

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: find out this weekend! I think girl💜

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: endive? I have no idea what that is 😂

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow at 2 for the ultrasound! Gonna be hard telling them not to tell me 😂 we were team green all the way through with our last and I kinda wanted to do that again but the kids really want to know and so does my husband 😂

How are you feeling? Rough lately. Sore and stiff a lot, crabby, depression has been coming and going. I think the nice weather will help and having less to do every week since I'm done with school now. Heartburn is almost non existent though which I'm happy for!!

Rants / Raves: rants since we're talking about mother's. Mine is like a child. Her feelings get hurt ridiculously easy, she is a jealous jealous person and she won't do anything to actually better herself, just complain that she isn't getting what she wants. She is 100% Facebook mom/nana. My kids have spent the night with my parents all of like 20 times. They never watch them or help out. Just for some background. So we bought a house this year, got a new car, I have had two promotions, both last year, and now I graduated with a bachelor's. Every time we've done something it's been "yeah we're going to do that too" I keep hoping she is but I doubt it. Well her first question to me after I posted I graduated was "So do you feel like more of an adult now with that degree?" 😒 No but it's helping me move up in the world 🤷🏽‍♀️ instead of living in an apartment building with a domestic abuse case above AND below me and never having money to drive 20 minutes away to see the grandkids but can go an hour away for a video game store. I swear I never learn with her. 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day? So despite all that^ we're doing brunch with my mom and grandma and step grandfather. I hate my moms step dad. He's vile, ridiculous and annoying. He doesn't like kids either so hopefully it will be short. He gets about a half hour with them and is ready to leave. We usually do a brunch but this year it's before the reveal so my friends worried my mom will make me late on purpose. I could see her doin that since she can't come cause she has to work. My perfect mother's day is just hanging with my kids and husband though honestly. 

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/25 20w 3d

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Team Boy

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a banana

Upcoming appointments: I have a cardiologist appointment on 5/31. Next OB is 6/5.

How are you feeling? Okay. Same old.

Rants / Raves: Anatomy scan went perfectly on Tuesday!

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day? No responsibility, spending time with my family and some sort of dessert!

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22 weeks / 9/13

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: surprise

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: spaghetti squash

Upcoming appointments: 6/1 for the lovely GTT

How are you feeling? Physically, not too bad. Mentally, absolutely exhausted!

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day?  Spending most of the day alone at home with no responsibilities for the day - if not pregnant, a nice, long run and long shower after, then something yummy to eat later I don’t have to make or clean up after and some chill time with my kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/15 (but my OB has confirmed she'll induce me on 9/8)

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: no idea!

Upcoming appointments: just my regular check in with the OB at the end of the month

How are you feeling? Pretty okay. Still have occasional nausea, but thankfully it seems to have mostly subsided. My bump is still on the smaller side, but I seem to be carrying a lot lower than I did with my son, so bending over too much is already starting to be uncomfortable. My anxiety has started ramping up a bit as I start worrying more about the transition from one to two kids, so I'll probably be talking to my doctor about upping the dose on my meds.

Rants / Raves: natm

Questions: natm

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day? I just want to sleep in. 😅 Everything else is negotiable.

• Options
    @jennaverhaeghe Oh, tell me more about this camping trailer! I love being outdoors and hiking, but I've always hated sleeping on the ground in a tent. Can you take the trailer to regular tent camping sites? Or is it more like an RV?

@mokamonster I was dizzy a lot with my first pregnancy, coupled with low blood pressure, and one instance of losing my vision and almost fainting. I ended up in hospital several times for IV fluids, and they helped SO much. Do you think you could be dehydrated? 
  • Options
    @lovelikestardust   Yeah the trailer we have is 24 feet long. We pull it behind the truck. It’s a small one compared to the big 30 or 40 footers you can buy. Ours has a queen bed, a big table bed, a kitchen and a bathroom. We’re about to outgrow it with this third baby and will be buying a bigger one with bunk beds next summer. You can’t park it in a tent spot but most campgrounds have trailer sites where you can hook up to power and water. We also do a lot of bush camping. If no power you just carry a gas generator with you. It sure beats sleeping on the ground but the real gem is having a bathroom! Haha we’ve even lived in it (before we had kids) while working away from home in the oilfield. 

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 7th; 23wks, 3 days

FTM/STM/STM+: baby #2

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Boy 💙

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: I think the app said a grapefruit?

Upcoming appointments: follow up anatomy scan on the 23rd. Everything looks great, thank goodness, they just couldn’t get a full glimpse of his heart due to his position so they have to try again.

How are you feeling? Mostly fine! Some insomnia and vivid dreams here and there.

Questions: No questions

GTKY: What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day? We’re very fortunate to live close to both of our parents and siblings and we see them all often so, instead of going house to house like we do on all other holidays, I pull the Mother’s Day card to get a very low key day with just my husband and daughter…we just hang out at home, play outside, take a long walk, and pick up dinner. 

Rants/raves (moved this question because it’s related to the Mother’s Day question): I’m sometimes made to feel guilty about the decision to not hang out with either family on Mother’s Day, especially because my husband has been working 6d/wk for months so he likes to be social on his one day off, but I hate the hustle and bustle of splitting holidays and the tendency to spend more time with his family than mine so I avoid it all by just staying home. Don’t get me wrong, I love his family very much, they’re just afternoon/night people while my family are morning people and there’s more time to hang out after nap time than before 😏

• Options
    @mokamonster I’ve had some dizzy spells too which I really never had with my daughter so I asked my Dr - she said they were probably Vasovagal episodes and weren’t anything to worry about! It’s apparently common in the 2nd trimester - the expansion of blood vessels leads to lower blood pressure/heart rate and, therefore, dizzy spells. She said to stay very hydrated and avoid changing positions too quickly!

@azmamatobe I’m hypoglycemic and that’s exactly what happens to me when my blood sugar gets too low! It’s actually a little more involved than that lol but I’ve been dealing with it for 20yrs so I’m more in-tune to all the little signs that it’s crashing before it gets to the dizzy/sweating bullets phase. If it happens again, try eating/drinking something sugary to rebound quickly but make sure to follow it up with something more substantial to maintain a healthy glucose level! After many many fainting spells in high school, I got really good at keeping both sugary and nutritious snacks on me…making sure I don’t go too long without eating something usually keeps the blood sugar crashes at bay!
  • Options
    @jennaverhaeghe @lovelikestardust I always thought it was low BP because mine is usually around 90-100/50-60 but now I'm thinking I'm dehydrated. I still feel quessy when drinking water for some odd reason, so I've been trying to drink other fluids and eat things with higher water content. Maybe it's not enough, though. I'm coming down with a cold, so perhaps I'll go to the hospital today and see if I can get an IV. Should be easy since IVs are like the cure-all in China haha