September 2023 Moms

Maternity/Nursing Clothes

Do we not have a maternity clothes thread yet? I didn’t see one when I searched! 

Put your favorite maternity clothes finds here! Even if it’s something awesome you scored secondhand, still share the brand!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Maternity/Nursing Clothes

• I’m struggling to find anything this time, and kind of need it, being baby #5, haha. It seems they discontinued the maternity powersoft leggings at old navy (and replaced them with more expensive leggings 😩 though I’ll probably grab a few pairs of bike shorts for summer from there), which I have a couple pairs from last year and wanted more of. I’m also just not finding cute basic tops - either athleisure or a step above just basic Ts, since I work from home. I’m not sure what I’m looking for, but I’m not seeing it, even second hand. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I was pregnant last summer and bought these. They are so awesome. Particularly the pants are buttery soft and the band stays up really well. I’m thinking of buying another pair for this summer. (Amazon) 

• Loading the player...
  • Can’t say enough good things about Rent the Runway. I’ve currently got jeans 2 and 3 sizes up that are fabulous, and they have maternity stuff. Once the weather turns I’ll rock dresses. I’m less worried about using my maternity stuff this go around with being due in sept. My daughter was born in Dec, so I had to have pants and a few sweaters back then. 
  • I’m obsessed with Chelsea Peers maternity pajamas (and the non-maternity version too) - I buy them from Asos whenever I see a cute pair on sale. I also just ordered a couple non-shirred basic Ts from Target yesterday, so I’ll report back once they arrive!
  • Target jeans and leggings haven’t been bad for me. Also, check out latched mama. It’s maternity and nursing friendly. A little pricey but worth the money. Www.latchedmama.com
  • @dogmom5 Not so much for during pregnancy for me (I’m too short/need too much extra belly space for anything to ever work for both pregnancy and postpartum/nursing for my body 😅😅), but I second Latched Mama for nursing stuff! I had two hoodies from there that I lived in for months after having my son (and I think a couple shirts for work, but I was much more excited about the hoodies). 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I buy gap tank tops, which have held up to excessive use from 3 pregnancies. I go to eBay for a pair or two of maternity jeans, but I rarely wear them. Just occasional. I also grab a dress or two from eBay. I get away with joggers for my entire pregnancy, and wear some wide leg stretchy cropped pants in the summer, not maternity. I have to start wearing compression shorts in the second trimester so everything has to be loose unless I’ll be sitting nearly constantly :/
    for brands, I like kindred braverly and hatch, and I’m sure others that I can’t remember right now 
  • I had an Ollie Gray nursing bra with my last kiddo and I adored that thing. I plan to buy a few more.
    Target had some amazing pants and shirts my last pregnancy. I loved those. I just got some mat pants on sale at Walmart though that are comfy. The time and true brand. 

I am looking for recommendations on labor robes. I found a few I don't hate, but I really want something comfier this time. I end up in labor for two full days and I'd rather be comfy that cold again. 

• I got a couple of Auden seamless nursing bras from target, and I really like them! Comfy but supportive. I normally wear sports bras all day since I work from home, so I’m picky on comfort/support when it comes to regular bras, since that’s what I’m used to.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama i did their bras and tanks with my first pregnancy and felt they were good quality for the price. for me i didn't feel like investing a ton into bras and nursing tanks that got spit up and leaks. and truthfully will be so glad to trash that stuff after this baby.
  • @anniemarie887 I immediately got rid of all of my nursing bras and tanks after weaning my son, and I regret that now, lol! We knew we might have one more, but didn’t have space to store stuff with a third and knew we were planning to move (which we did), but it kind of sucks buying that kind of stuff all over again! 

I did love the Hofish nursing tanks from amazon (and plan to buy those again). I also had a cheap multipack of nursing bras from Amazon, which were comfortable and perfectly fine for both nursing and pumping at work, but the target ones feel a step up in quality from the amazon/made in China non-brand ones, so hoping they hold up well, getting them this early in pregnancy.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Maybe this should go in the FFFC thread but I still wore my Auden nursing tanks between pregnancies/nursing. You can’t beat the built-in cups!
  • I live in my H&M nursing tanks all the time. 😂😂😂 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• You know those super baggy jumpsuit ads all over Facebook? Anyone bought them? They seriously look like the comfiest thing ever for pregnancy/postpartum with a nursing tank underneath, even though I’m short so I’m sure I’d look like a shapeless sack of potatoes. 🤣

BabyFruit Ticker

• Has anyone found any good maternity underwear or thongs? 
  • Yes I love these from Amazon! They probably have things too but I’ve only tried this cut 

Intimate Portal Maternity Underwear | Pregnancy Postpartum Panties | Under The Bump Bikinis https://a.co/d/hKzorGN
  • Second twin pregnancy.. my maternity clothes are hardly fitting.. what to do? 

• @its_twins_again_x2 Can you buy some in a size or two bigger than before? I’m on my third pregnancy in 5 years (all singletons) and have already had to size up in some maternity shirts compared to what I wore last time
  • Old Navy online has been good to me. Just purchased a swimsuit, shirt, and dress that’s so comfy. I’m giving up on bras. Can’t find any in my cup size. 
  • @cammie0526 I plan to do that but not sure how long it’ll last 
  • I’ve found a lot of really cute and affordable summer maternity clothes at Ross. $10 average for dresses, shorts, jeans. I spent around $100 and got a whole new wardrobe. I went from a B cup to not fitting a C cup anymore and I didn’t want to spend a bunch of money on new bras that I won’t fit forever, so for whoever is having a hard time fitting or being comfortable in their bras, I bought a 2 pack of nursing bras for $6.99 there as well and they’re so comfy!

Shein has a lot of both maternity and baby clothes as well and they’re all cute and affordable. Bathing suits and dresses are my big thing that I’ve been on the hunt for and they have a lot of options for under $15. I always check the reviews, a lot of people will post their height and weight with pictures for you to compare to on how the clothes fit since it is online shopping and it’s hard to find the right sizes. I’m a sucker for a bargain and they always have coupons, currently I have 20 clothing items in my cart for $150, including shipping.
  • update: I was able to size up for now, found some maternity scrubs for work that I hope will last me a while. 
  • I have a bunch of things saved from my first pregnancy, mostly from Motherhood/Pea in the Pod and Old Navy. Also a few things from Seraphine which I love, but they're pricey so might not be shopping there this time around. I have saved searches on ThredUp and Poshmark for items I'm not worried about having to try on first, but haven't ordered anything yet.

@andrawrmeda2 I'm on the hunt for a l&d gown/robe too! Haven't decided yet, but I'm eyeing the ones from Lila, and Baby Be Mine.
  • favorsky2013favorsky2013 Just Joined
    i got most of mine of shein. my photographer made them look like million dolllar outfits. https://favianphotography.com.au/
  • I'm also struggling with finding good maternity clothes
  • I swear by Blanqi maternity leggings. My belly has been so heavy and many of my maternity pants no longer come up over my belly. These leggings have so much support, are super breathable for how thick they are, and are super comfy.
    https://www.blanqi.com/products/blanqi-everyday-maternity-belly-support-leggings?_pos=4&_fid=e39ff3a41&_ss=c&variant=4072514879501