Infertility
Options

2 failed IUIs - should I keep going?

caitlinr1113caitlinr1113 Just Joined
edited March 2023 in Infertility
I am 27 and receiving fertility treatment using donor sperm. My doctor has told me that everything looks great and each cycle I have had at least 3 follicles. This last time my doctor said my follicles were the perfect size and I went forward with the ovidrel shot. The procedure was done on the 14th day of my cycle. I tried to remain super positive during the two week wait and even had some signs of pregnancy. I took a clear blue digital test this morning and it read “not pregnant”. My heart dropped because I don’t know if I have it in me to do a 3rd cycle. I have really bad anxiety that is making me feel like I’m not capable of having a baby. I just don’t know if I can go through this again and the financial side of things also stresses me out.

Re: 2 failed IUIs - should I keep going?

• Options
    I also had 2 failed iuis  im going for my 3rd this month. I see a lot of people are doing at least 3 before moving on to ivf. The total process is very stressful I understand I just try to hope for the best. 
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear about your negative pregnancy test result and the anxiety you're experiencing. Going through fertility treatment can be emotionally and financially challenging. It's important to remember that each person's fertility journey is unique, and it can take time and multiple cycles before achieving success.

If you're feeling overwhelmed and unsure about proceeding with another cycle, it's important to take care of your emotional well-being. Consider discussing your concerns with your doctor, who can provide guidance and support based on your specific situation. They may be able to offer alternative options or adjustments to your treatment plan.

Additionally, seeking emotional support from loved ones, support groups, or a therapist who specializes in fertility issues can be beneficial. They can provide you with coping strategies and help you navigate the emotional ups and downs of the process.

Remember to be patient with yourself and take the time to make decisions that are right for you. It's okay to take a break if needed and reassess your options.