3rd Trimester
Options

Books to read during pregnancy

Hi moms,
I am almost 3 months pregnant and still suffering from nausea but reading books helps me get distracted. I love to read suspense, thriller basically all types of fiction books but my folks suggest me to read knowledgeable books instead as it has a great impact on baby and reading knowledgeable books will help my baby with a sharp memory. I am a bit confused as to what type of knowledgeable books I should read. Can y’all suggest me some books? It would be really helpful. Thanks!

Re: Books to read during pregnancy

• Options
    Books you read during pregnancy have NO effect on your child's brain development. Genes and nutrition can impact brain development in utero, and your interactions with your child have the greatest impact once they're born. Read whatever you enjoy and gets you through the nausea!
  • Options
    What you read for leisure has no bearing on your child.  After baby is born reading and playing classical music can help develop brain activity.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Read what you enjoy reading, the important part is reading out loud so baby heard your voice. It's important to note though that babies in utero don't start hearing until around 22-24 weeks though and hear at a lower decibel.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I am still considering some good sci-fi fiction books maybe at my 3rd trimester. Let me know if y’all are familiar with some! Thanks.
  • Options
    The red rising series was really good
  • Options
    I think reading books about pregnancy and raising children and motherhood would be good for learning and preparation.
  • Options
    swoffswoff member
    I'm a big sci fan so I'm happy to make some pleasure reading recommendations. 

Octavia Butler's Xenogenesis series
    Dune (my hot take is only the first one is good)
    Way Station by Clifford Simak
    The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (TW for sexual violence but it's handled well)
    The Faded Sun trilogy by CJ Cherry
    Shards of Honour by Lois McMaster Bujold

• Options
    Read about the adventure you are embarking on. There are soo many motherhood books. Pregnancy books. I loved the Montessori toddler. Motherhood comes at you fast so being as prepared as possible is never a bad thing.