Baby #5

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Surprise :)

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

A plum

Upcoming appointments:

5/25 with my OB and 6/7 for my anatomy scan with my MFM

How are you feeling?

Pretty good. Hungry. But I have more energy than I have in a couple months.

Rants / Raves:

Rave - DH and 3 of the kiddos went camping this weekend with Cub Scouts for 2 nights. That left DD#1 and I home alone. We haven't been getting along great lately (because 13 is the age from hell) but it was great to hang out just the two of us for a couple of days. We went shopping, talked, went out to dinner and watched scary movies. She's kind of a cool chick. 

Rant - It's been a while since I've felt so self-conscious about my body. We were out walking around and, while I know that no one is paying as much attention to me as I'm scared they are, I was not feeling great about my body. I'm definitely at that funky stage where I could be pregnant or I could just have gained weight. It's a guessing game. I love my pregnant body. It's just hard at that in between stage. 

Questions:

none

GTKY: What is the last book you read?: 

The Devil's Night Series. I do enjoy a decent romance novel.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 20, 11 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 5th

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: finding out!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a poker chip

Upcoming appointments: end of May

How are you feeling? Pregnancy-wise I'm feeling good today so far!! I found out the same time I found out I was pregnant that I have a buldging disc. I went 5-6 weeks without any pain and now it's been so painful again 😭

Rants / Raves: I am sooo anxious and excited to find out if this babe is a boy or girl, should be sometime this week I think! (I have 4 boys already!)

Questions: to go along with the back pain... anyone have a mattress that's on the firm side that they love?!

GTKY: What is the last book you read? Currently reading Pineapple Street. It's not my fav. I've read some other really great books this year though!

• Loading the player...
  • @UnwritteN12 I meant to respond to you... I 100% am with you on the body stuff right now. I never lost all my weight after my 4th and now with the bloat/blump just truly feel awful about myself. I have always loved my pregnant body though. Anxiously waiting for a real bump. Also so glad you got that time with your daughter. My mom always says 13 is her least favorite age too.
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks 4 days

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: finding out

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: maybe a raspberry?

Upcoming appointments: 5/17

How are you feeling? Actually much better. I'm a little worried about it to be honest, with all of the spotting but am chanting "today i am pregnant" to myself and am just embracing feeling better

Rants / Raves: raves: Outshine popsicles :) 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the last book you read? o0o0o0o I'm in the middle of the Court of Thornes and Roses series. Fantasy-Romance isn't something I've ever really read but I can not get enough!

@UnwritteN12 Oh I remember 13 so well. My poor mother. Im glad you got to spend some QT together though. I feel like deep down inside that's all I really wanted as an angsty team (though I'd never admit it)

@runsoncoffee Is there anything you can do about a buldging disk while pregnant? that sounds miserable! Re mattresses - I just went through years of mattress struggles. I decided that it was a good time to buy something new during Covid (when everything was shut down) and ended up getting a bed in a box (Nectar) and It was awful. Less than a year later I gave it away and we went mattress shopping. So my advice is to get to stores and test them yourself, and even then, but one with a 365 day return guarantee. We're getting too old to deal with bad mattresses lol 

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/24 10+3

FTM/STM/STM+: Third time

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: finding out 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a golden snitch 

Upcoming appointments: 5/12

How are you feeling? Still nauseous and tired… come on placenta 

Rants / Raves: my TSH levels were very elevated for me, 2.0 when my doctor likes to keep mine at 0.02. Google says 2.0 is still safe for baby but it has me anxious. She is not responding to my messages on how to adjust my dose. I decided to adjust it a little myself this weekend and hopefully she responds soon… I feel like she’s going to announce her retirement any time now since she’s down to working 2 days a week but still this is not the time I want her to be ignoring me…

Questions: none

GTKY: What is the last book you read? Anxious People by Fredrik Backman - I enjoyed it, it’s not as good as A Man Called Ove.

I’m currently reading The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix and I’m really liking it. 

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @UnwritteN12 that’s awesome you got to spend 1 on 1 time with your daughter! I’m right there not feeling great about my body either. I definitely look like I’ve put on weight but don’t have a cute bump yet 🫤

@runsoncoffee I love our mattress! I never understood why people missed sleeping in their beds on vacation until we got this mattress 5 years ago! I forget the exact model but it’s a Serta hybrid with cooling top. We went to a place that like measured your body and determined the best mattresses for you!

@nomangos23 I’ve been seeing that series pop up on my Facebook for some reason and been intrigued. Not my typical genre but maybe I’ll give it a try! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• ohsmithohsmith member
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    11/5, 13w1d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Team finding out

Baby is the size of a lemon 

Upcoming appointments:
    May 9th for my 14 week appointment 

How are you feeling?
    I'm feeling pretty good other than a couple bouts of dizziness and hemorrhoids 

Rants / Raves:
    Rants: one word-HEMORRHOIDS! They are awful right now. Raves: nausea has gone away for the most part

Questions:
    Anyone know what's good for hemorrhoids? Lol

GTKY: What is the last book you read?
    All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers
  • @ohsmith I’ve had success with a mix of witch Hazel wipes and preparation H cream! Also got a donut pillow to sit on when they were particularly uncomfortable! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @nomangos23 supposedly you can get injections but I'm not interested in going that route  at this point in time. Maybe if I get desperate. And then of course you can do PT and I think acupuncture and chiropractor too. I was doing PT but it was SOO expensive. Like over $200 per session. So I stopped going. 
  • mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    edited May 2023

@UnwritteN12 thanks for creating the board this week!

12w6d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Surprise. I'm very anxious to find out the results of the genetic testing but terrified to accidentally find out the sex. I have no clue how I'll be notified, but everything usually ends up in the patient portal, and I don't know if I'll have the strength to not try and peek. But I DEFINITELY don't have the resolve to wait another 3 weeks for my next appointment...ugh. Hopefully they call me or I can call them haha.

Plum or a lemon! And boy oh boy is the bump bumping right now. Yikes.

Upcoming appointments:
    3 weeks. Forever, same difference

How are you feeling?
    I am so done with the first tri. One more week!! I'm feeling much better most days, but now I'm in the dangerous part of pregnancy where my cravings are ruling the roost. It's like once the baby has decided what we're having I couldn't entertain anything else even if I wanted to. I feel like there's a little baby Gollum in my uterus going "YOU MUST HAVE BURGERS MY PRECIOUSSSS"  >:)  

Rants / Raves:
    I'm annoyed that I still have zero motivation at work. I need to refocus because I feel so distracted and all over the place, it's going to start creeping up on me soon and I have no excuse now that I'm feeling better. ugh.

Today is DD's birthday! I'm excited because DH will be home so we'll have a family celebration after school. It's honestly so weird to think the last time I was pregnant was 6 years ago. 

Questions:
    Nah

TBH I haven't picked up a book in a long long time. I love to read, but I can never prioritize the time it takes to actually pick out books and read them. I think the last thing I read was Jessica Simpson's book if that's any indication. BUT if you were ever a Jessica Simpson or Newlyweds stan like I was it's actually a really good read, surprisingly. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @UnwritteN12 I totally feel you. This is a really hard stage body-wise. You're not alone!!! <3 

@runsoncoffee OMG that sounds just horrible I'm so sorry!! Can your OB make any recommendations on how to manage the pain??

@nomangos23 I'm glad you're feeling better! Those mantras help me too.

@varimama Teehee a snitch! I'm sorry your doc is not super responsive, that would drive me crazy. Can you switch to another provider if you know she's on her way to retirement?

@ohsmith Oh lawd I'm so sorry about the hemorrhoids!! No personal recs here other than the wipes, but I hope it gets better for you soon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 4 - 13 + 3

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: It's a boy! I'll admit I was a bit disappointed at first because we both were thinking it would be a girl, but I'm on board now and really excited. I love hanging out with my nephews, so I think a boy will be fun!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Clown fish

Upcoming appointments: Today! I have an NT scan and then intake with the midwives group I transferred to on May 12th. 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. I think I'm past the worst of it. This week I can still be quite gaggy at times and the insomnia comes in waves, but it's better than being laid up on the couch all day. 

Rants / Raves: I'm really happy I switched to this midwives group. It's where I wanted to be all along but I had to switch my primary care to get over to them. It was definitely a hassle. But already they have scheduled me for two bonus ultrasounds and they've been really communicative. I'm thinking it'll be a great fit!

GTKY: What is the last book you read? I just finished Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Now I'm reading I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou for my book club and For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway. 

• KiekKiek member

11/2 or 3 I always forget lol

FTM/STM/STM+:

STM+

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Team finding out!

Lemon

Upcoming appointments:

Tomorrow! Excited to hear that heartbeat

How are you feeling?

Really good! First trimester is almost over and I’m experiencing that energy boost that I always heard about with my previous pregnancies but never experienced lol

Rants / Raves:

No rants. Raves, we are planning to move back up north and into the mountains. I’ve loved being near the coast during this season of life but those WV mountains have my heart and forever will. I’m so excited!

Questions:

None

Project Hail Mary. It was excellent!  Not normally my genre but probably the best novel I’ve read in a long time

• @Kiek i LOOOVVVEEEDDDD Project Hail Mary. So so good
  • KiekKiek member
    @nomangos23 I’ve been recommending it to everyone now. It’s a masterpiece!
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 26th, 10 weeks 3 days

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Surprise

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Tetra fish, Lego person

Upcoming appointments: End of May

How are you feeling? I haven't been puking as much the last couple of days, so that has been nice. I'm still tired, but hopefully this is the light at the end of the first trimester tunnel.

Rants / Raves: Raves: The weather has been amazing the last couple of days. It's supposed to rain this weekend, so just soaking up the sunshine now. Rant: Our daycare lady has been awful, and we're switching places next week, so fingers crossed the new place is the answer to all of my problems lol.

Questions:

GTKY: What is the last book you read? It has been forever since I read a book for myself. The last children's book I read was most likely about superheroes or pumpkins. The boys love a good book about pumpkins - bonus points if it's a Halloween themed superhero book.

@UnwritteN12 I'm glad you had a good time with DD1. I do not miss being 13 at all.

@runsoncoffee I don't have any mattress recommendations, but I hope your back starts feeling better. Do you have a gut feeling either way on what you're having? I'm just assuming we're having a boy at this point lol.

@nomangos23 What is an outshine popsicle?

@varimama Are you on levothyroxine? That is what I'm currently taking, and my numbers have been all over the place lately. 

@ohsmith Have you tried Tucks pads?

@mrsmtothek Burgers are usually at the top of my cravings list. I've also been craving chili cheese fries/tots from Sonic all the time. 

@jvbirdgirl Congratulations on having a boy! I only have experience with boys (we have 3), but they are super fun. 

@Kiek You give me hope that I'll get the 2nd trimester energy boost this time lol. I had it with DS1 and DS2, but I skipped right over it with DS3. 

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Nov 22 - 11w I think? 

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Finding out this time. I need to know if I will be outnumbered. 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: honestly I’m not tracking these this time but I know generally a small fruit

Upcoming appointments: just had genetic screen Monday and have my US in a week and a half

How are you feeling? Fine. Nausea seems to be curbing. I’m more just anxious to get my results back so I can start telling ppl.

Rants / Raves: 

Rave: I always feel really feminine while pregnant and I’m e cited to rock this bump everywhere this summer

Rant: hiding my pregnancy is getting tricky to say the least at work. I have to go in office next week and I’m hoping I can spill the beans then bc my wardrobe is not helping at all.

I recently finished “the world deserves my children”. 

• @runsoncoffee That is understandable. Congratulations on your boy! I will probably have a range of emotions too. It’s hard to mourn the loss of what you pictured your family to be. DS1 has been begging for a little sister, so I really hope he gets one. He took it pretty well when DS3 wasn’t the sister he requested, but it was still a little disappointing for him. This is his very last chance because DH is scheduling a vasectomy for December, so we are done-done after this one. 
  • @varimama Just wanted to quickly thank you for the recommendation of The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires. I'm not usually a horror book fan, but that title made it hard to resist. I finished it a couple days ago and enjoyed it so much. I think I was even more interested because it takes place local to me and my little town was mentioned several times and I got a kick out of it, haha. (I live where Mrs. Green sent her sons to keep them safe from the attacks.)
  • @chrissdee I’m so glad you liked it and that’s really cool it was local! 
    EDD 11/24/23