Chit Chat
Options

Can it be mine?

Hi everyone, I have a question to ask you all as I am just a dude who’s not quite sure how this stuff works. I had sex with a girl on January 31. She got pregnant and had a due date of November 26, and her baby was born on November 25. She says she conceived on March 7. Is there anyway at all for this baby to be mine? I don’t see how it could as the baby was born on time, wasn’t late by any means. Thank you in advance, I’m kind of anxious.

Re: Can it be mine?

• Options
    I'm sorry to say (if you want to be the father) but from the due date compared to the date you both had sex, it looks quite unlikely that you have a chance to be the father. 
    The March date of conception would be a more accurate count of 40 weeks (give or take) of a full pregnancy where that sexual episode would be the biological father. 
    There is always DNA testing, but from the dates, it is such a long shot I wouldn't bother. 
    If you were hoping to be the father, I hope in your future there will be more chances. 
    If not hoping to be the father, it seems well this one is not. 
  • Options
    With the baby being born on time in comparison to the conception date and such, I didn’t see how I could be the father. However, how accurate is a conception date?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am hoping to get more insight on this.
  • Options
    With modern medicine and proper monitoring of the pregnancy, it’s pretty accurate. 42 weeks is typically as far overdue as most doctors will allow and ultrasound can estimate the gestational age of a baby pretty accurately.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Even of conception date is off it could only be off maybe 3.5 weeks tops. And Jan to March is 3 months. Sperm die and eggs move on well before that time frame. Like 2 or 3 times. Also if she had the baby early then maybe but if it was from January it would have had to been no later than mid October?