Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Pacifier problems

My daughter of 5mo has been refusing any and all kinds of pacifiers. We also have the same issue with nipples the only think she will touch is the Similac nipples from the doctor. I don't have a problem using them for her bottles but I can't leave her unattended using them as a pacifier due to choking hazards. We have tried all shapes lengths textures the whole market. Does anyone know of a trick to make the nipple into a safe pacifier or of one that is exactly like it? -very tired & stressed new mama

Re: Pacifier problems

• Options
    You can’t make a nipple a pacifier. I would take it to the store and try to find the most similar pacifier to it and try that. I would go in person and not rely on the internet so you don’t waste tons of money. 

A quick google search found me a mom who raved about the first years gumdrop or dr browns brands for this type of thing. Hope this helps. 
  • Options
    00kim0000kim00 member
    I agree that you cannot make the nipple a pacifier safely. I think the Dr Brown's, Phillips soothie, and Nanobebe look similar and may be worth a try. You also don't need a pacifier, baby may actually learn to self soothe better without one. If she sucks on her hands instead of a pacifier, for example, you won't have to worry about replacing a dropped pacifier 10 times a night if she needs to suck to sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ltd-002ltd-002 member
    The ninni pacifier has worked wonders for some of my friends! Mimics breastfeeding 
  • Options
    ltd-002 said:
    The ninni pacifier has worked wonders for some of my friends! Mimics breastfeeding 
    OP is formula feeding…

I am team pacifier given my second child is still sucking her thumb at age 4…that being said my one month old won’t take a pacifier at all so far so I’m probably screwed. 
  • Options
    My girl stopped taking pacifiers at 4 months and they make her angry. Cold Teething rings are your best option now. Or some rattles have rubber parts encouraged to chew on. Just wash them frequently.
    My 5 month old can grab her rags and wipe her own drool from her mouth or place it in her mouth.