Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment w/o May 1

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):

How are things going?:

Any questions?:

GTKY: If you had zero obligations how would you spend this coming weekend?  

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o May 1

• Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): Trying naturally this cycle 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Researching and figuring out insurance

How are things going?: I found out our insurance covers acupuncture, but I’m not sure of the specifics. I had to send a message to ask, so waiting to hear back.

Any questions?: None right now

GTKY: If you had zero obligations how would you spend this coming weekend? I’d probably go to a show or a museum or something
  • Options

@britters314 That’s great you have coverage for acupuncture! Mine covers it but not for fertility 😡

Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): On the bench

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Waiting for my new cycle so I can start BC ahead of my little surgery to remove RPOC. Should only be a few more days. 

How are things going?: Had some good conversations with my husband last week about what we want to do re: treatment. No big decisions but we have another appointment with the RE next week to discuss a treatment plan and will come prepared with questions. I am dreading being on BC. Hormonal BC and I do not get along. The last time I tried it was years and years ago and it was a shit show.

Any questions?: NATM.

GTKY: If you had zero obligations how would you spend this coming weekend? Romantic overnight away in a cute small city on the ocean, complete with hotel room and brunch the next morning. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @britters314 ours did as well, but it had to be done by a medical professional in a clinical setting. 
    @maggiemadeit I found a monophasic BC was much less of an impact on my body than a triphasic. Fewer hormone shifts. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): AMA, RPL, lupus anticoagulant antibodies, and left tube occluded

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): medicated cycle! 🙌🤞

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): medicated cycle - SHOULD o sometime between Friday and Monday which is perfect timing with my husband being away for work. 🤞🤞🤞

How are things going?: hopeful. I’m really hoping this cycle works. If it doesn’t we are going to have some serious talks about moving forward with IVF and preimplantation genetic testing. 

Any questions?: 

GTKY: If you had zero obligations how would you spend this coming weekend- hopefully making a baby!!!! Honestly though if it was zero zero like even the “obligation” of my fertile window was gone… sleep. The whole 48 hours

• Options
    @maggiemadeit @charmedlifex3 I still don’t know the exact details of what they’ll cover for acupuncture, but I have found some acupuncturists near us who are in-network for our insurance. I don’t think we’d be able to get it covered specifically for fertility because our fertility coverage is a whole separate thing, but I’ve been wanting H to go for other reasons anyway, so we can at least probably get it covered for him.
  • Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): FET 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): should be starting FET cycle - had the suppression check US this morning and got the unofficial okay. Should get the official one this afternoon! 

How are things going?: meh. This is our last chance without big decisions about further treatment options. Trying not to let that pressure get to me. Also DH has a man cold. I shouldn’t laugh, but it’s hard not to….

Any questions?: nope

GTKY: If you had zero obligations how would you spend this coming weekend?  Baking, knitting, house projects and working out. Unless there was a last minute trip pre-planned for me. Then I’d do that option :) 
  • Options
    @halfanewt Keeping it all crossed for you! 

AFM, I started birth control yesterday and now I am deeper on the bench than I have ever been in this process. Can’t wait to get this behind me.