September 2023 Moms
Options

Prune belly

So new update from my last post I posted about baby’s bladder not being able to empty it well still the same but they have now narrowed down baby also Has prune belly and no better than the blockage baby has no muscle to the abdomen so how the doctor put it baby’s tummy will look wrinkled rolls of skin sit and everything’s just sits and with that said no muscle to help the bladder and going in to drain the bladder will cause more harm than good any damage done to the kidneys is done because this has been since day one which they can’t tell if any on the scan kidneys don’t look swollen/ dilated but the tubes going from the kidneys to bladder they are swollen/dilated half way up from the bladder which’s means yeah some back flow and not much room for anything is all just squished and because of the prune belly. Has this happened to any one anyone gone through this I know it’s rare and probably not many. I just feel like i got more unknown rather than being able to fix the bladder everything right now is being left alone and I’ll be closely monitored. After baby is born baby will be monitored too and have to have surgery at some point after ward. Any one have experience with this and everything was successful. 

Re: Prune belly

• Options
    froggerbluefroggerblue member
    edited May 2023
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Navigating the unknown can be really scary, but your medical team would be the most knowledgeable of your situation and should be able to answer your questions.