December 2023 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In 4/20

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

Re: PGAL Check-In 4/20

• Options
    Weeks/EDD? 6d; 12/14

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I asked for my symptoms to hit me like a semi truck and the universe heard me. Nausea is so bad in the evenings. I'm exhausted. My constipation is horrid. Yet somehow I'm still anxious. It's given me some sense of hope, but at the same time I know symptoms doesn't equal a healthy pregnancy. I also know that I won't probably feel comfortable until a 8w+ scan, so even my upcoming early scan could look great and the next would could be bad. IDK this PGAL brain sucks.

Any appointment updates?  6 days for early appointment at the early pregnancy and loss clinic. I'm getting more nervous as that gets closer. My last pregnancy ended around 6w and I'll be 6w5ds at that appointment. 

Any big milestones? None yet

Rants/Raves/Questions? My team decided to rotate schedules for now on when we go in to the office one time a week. Which is great cuz that means I can work from home most days. But also means I have to subtly switch my May day in the office. My clinic is downtown and we live 40mins away without traffic, and it's within walking distance to work (they are two hospitals that are right next to each other). So I try to schedule my appointments when I'm in the office. And the day of my first official ob appointment I'm not scheduled to be in... I don't think my coworker will mind the switch, but I gotta come up with an excuse for said switch.
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 6w 5d, EDD 12/9

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Trying to stay positive.  Symptoms have been rough which makes me weirdly happy.  Yesterday morning I felt like absolute trash, but it made me feel like that means everything is going as it should.  I could be wrong, but I find the symptoms oddly comforting.

Any appointment updates? Anxiously awaiting my appointment on Monday.  I keep trying to remind myself that the ultrasound tech listened when I said I ovulated late and said everything looked perfect for that timeframe since my regular doctor was hung up on the start date of my last cycle and made it seem like things aren't progressing correctly. Just hoping for good news!

Any big milestones? Officially made it farther than I did with my CP last year. I know since we saw the gestational sac and yolk sac that we know it's not chemical, but it still feels good to be past where I got last time.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not sure if I have any right now.

@stashattack I definitely hear you on the PGAL brain thing.  I had a mini panic attack the other morning because I cut myself shaving in the shower, but didn't realize it until I was rinsing off and saw blood on the shower floor.  My brain immediately went to the worst case scenario instead of the more likely one and it took me a while to calm back down.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dmcg17 I feel that. I had some light bleeding yesterday and have been anxious every since. Some of it could have come my hemorrhoid but I definitely freaked. I'm waiting for the dr to get back to the nurse with my concerns from the doc and see if they wanna do anything between now and Wednesday. 

Whatever it was stopped last night/this morning. But fuck that didn't help my anxiety at all. 
  • Options
    @stashattack Hopefully everything is normal and you're all good now! The anxiety is real though.
  • Options
    @sprout101, the PGAL thread was 2 posts below your thread ;) but here it is.