1st Trimester
Options

Does darkness of lines on the pregnancy test mean anything?

This is my first pregnancy and I am 6 weeks exactly today. I don't have any symptoms except for possible sore boobs (my boobs are always somewhat sore, I may be a little more sore than usual?) Other than that, no morning sickness, no urge to pee, and not entirely too fatigue. I'm worried because I took a pregnancy test 1 week ago on a easy@home pregnancy test strip. Yesterday I took another one just to check if I'm still pregnant, and this morning I took another one. Two pretty solid lines show up still, but the 2nd line does not seem to be significantly darker than the one from the pregnancy test last week.
Should I be worried? Does the darkness of the lines on the pregnancy test mean anything? Could it tell me if my HCG levels are falling?

Re: Does darkness of lines on the pregnancy test mean anything?

• Options
    Nope,, how dark the line is means nothing. Those tests were designed to be yes/no only. If you want to know your HCG levels, you need to get a blood test. But it's totally normal not to have any symptoms yet, and if/when you get symptoms, it's normal for them to come and go, it doesn't mean starting is wrong.
  • Options
    Nope, darkness of the line is how much dye was used in the test.  Pregnancy tests are not quantitive.