Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house?

Me: 26     DH: 25
DS1 -- 9/30/2016

Re: Weekly check-in w/o 4/10

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 24 / 12 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a plum

Upcoming appointments: NT Scan this Thursday 

How are you feeling: Better after I had acupuncture this weekend. Still a bit fatigued but the nausea seems to be calming down.

Rants / Raves: I am already tired of being pregnant. I turned to my husband the other day and asked, "is it October yet?" 

Questions: kinda nervous about squeezing two carseats into the back of a compact car (a Honda fit). Anyone else in this position? I am really not trying to buy a new car right now...

GTKY: Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? With my normal (non pregnant) levels of energy, I would say mow the lawn because it would get me outside. But I would honestly rather garden 👩‍🌾
  • Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/16; 13 weeks

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Boy 💙

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Matchbox car

Upcoming appointments: Had one today, next is 5/8

How are you feeling: Relief after seeing little man today. I’ve been super bloated and gassy so that is a blast (😉)

Rants / Raves: We have announced to the world and it feels so good, especially since the bloat has given me quite the belly already. We never had two boy names picked out so we have been thinking of what to name this little one. Pretty sure we have first name figured out and middle narrowed down to 4. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Wash dishes or vacuum house normally. Right now I’m so tired after doing the most minor thing that I can barely get anything done. 

Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @alpacamama2 We had a Chevrolet Sonic and there was no way we'd be able to fit a car seat behind the driver, since the passenger is already so squished. We ended up getting a Nissan Kicks. Didn't love adding car payments to our budget again, but at least it's almost as fuel efficient as our Sonic and will be big enough for a few years at least.

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 1 / 15+1

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: We will find out in May

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: As tall as an Eggo waffle

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until May

How are you feeling: Good! Second trimester is so much better than the first. And I'm definitely feeling some tiny movements here and there now.

Rants / Raves: The weather here was amazing today! I went to a park with a friend and her almost 3 year old and it was so nice to get outside and not be cold. I'm sore from so much walking, but definitely worth it.

Also, we toured the local birth centre this weekend and it was amazing. So warm and quiet. I'm just hoping my pregnancy stays low risk (had GD and was on insulin last time) so that it's an option for me.

Questions:

GTKY: Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? I'm probably weird but I'd rather clean the bathroom. Its just so satisfying when it's done.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 28/11+2

FTM/STM/STM+:STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: finding out 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: width of a paper towel tube

Upcoming appointments: 4/20 for nipt

How are you feeling: very tired all the time, still nauseous, I feel so out of shape lol. If I walk up stairs or up a hill, I feel it! People at work keep asking if I'm okay when I arrive out of breath...

Rants / Raves: my husband took off the same vacation week as me. I have mixed feelings about it, but I'm looking forward to the little morning and day trips we have planned. Otherwise, I'm just feeling inadequate because I just want to lounge/sleep all week while he's over here cooking and taking care of things around the house... 

Questions: 

GTKY: Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? I would clean the bathroom--one room. :) 

• Options
    @alpacamama2 I somewhat have the opposite car issue right now? We have bigger vehicles (Chevy Impala and Rav-4) and my husband has insisted on keeping the car seat in the middle. He has the Impala and is tall, so I always end up putting the toddler in-- I'm smaller, so I usually end up having to climb in, and the toddler isn't very helpful lately either... I already told him the car seat will have to move as I get bigger, because I'm already uncomfortable... he is still insisting that the infant will go in the middle. Not sure how I feel about the two being so close? 
  • Options
    @alpacamama2 we have a Nissan Versa and I'm not too worried. Both seat will fit but nothing/nobody else... I'm ok with that for now and if ever we need to go away with a lot of luggage and both kids I think we'll just rent a car. My fiancé is 6'2" and he can sit just just in front of the seat without touching it. 

@lindz42 it's funny I just shortlisted a few new and used cars that could fit 3 children in the back. The Impala is on my list so depending on your seats, your 2 kids should be able to comfortably be next to each other, as.long as you have compact seats.

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 14w3d

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: A girl 🥺💜

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: peach / as tall as a crayon 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow at the Pediatric Hematologist 

How are you feeling: really good. I just had my cerclage and I'm supposed to rest but I just have so much energy. Finally.

Rants / Raves: both my son and fiancé have throat strep. Hoping I can avoid it. 🙄🤞 My fiancé is pretty much about to die according to him. So that's been fun.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Vacuum the house. I actually just a got a robot vacuum and it's a game changer. 😅
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: September 30, 16 weeks today!

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: we will find out this week!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a chipmunk

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow

How are you feeling: pretty good, though a little discouraged because I've lost 3 pounds unintentionally 😢 

Rants / Raves: my firstborn is getting so heavy it's hard to babywear now, which is a bit frustrating because of where we live, I don't have a stroller and we also travel by bike many places since we don't have a car. (We live in my husband home country which is a developing country where very few people have cars and most use bikes). 

Questions: anyone have experience baby wearing while pregnant? 

GTKY: Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Mow the lawn if we had one to mow. I enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass and like being outside. 
  • Options
    @mimser we also just got a robot vacuum and it is the best thing ever! Our home gets so dusty so it's nice to be able to turn it on and forget about it. 
  • Options
    @linh18 wow I had to stop baby wearing almost instantly early in pregnancy because it got uncomfortable fast around my tummy/waist. I'm not good enough yet with woven wraps but I know there are some knots that don't involve anything around your tummy/waist, I just haven't tried them yet!
  • Options
    @linh18 I am curious about babywearing while pregnant too. I had been wearing my 15 month old in a tula carrier earlier on (before my bump popped). But I haven't tried it more recently (the husband has done all the baby wearing). I think my popped belly would make it pretty impossible though. I also have a sling ring that I have LOVED and I think might work better. So I might try that. At the same time though, my daughter is obsessed with walking everywhere so that has taken the pressure off to carry her for very long.