1st Trimester
Options

The bloat, nausea and fatigue are REAL - is this normal?

I am 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant - a week ago you could see my abs and now I’m just a big bloated mess. I have been super nauseous so my workouts have been sub par but I’ve made an effort to move everyday day. And I have not slept this much since I was a teenager. I need a nap every day (I also haven’t napped religiously since college) and some nights I’m getting upward of 12 hours of sleep.

Is this normal!? I already feel like the shell of a human. I miss my energy - literally a week ago I was getting up at 6am to workout for 1.5 hours hard and now I’m low energy, high fatigue, and super nauseous (without vomiting ) most of the day. Does it go away after the first trimester?!

Re: The bloat, nausea and fatigue are REAL - is this normal?

• Options
    Completely normal, yes. Scroll down and you’ll see tons of posts just like this one. Does it end? Depends. Some women have morning sickness the entire pregnancy, but for most it does get better. Same with fatigue. 

Just keep doing what you are doing and get rest. Ask for nausea medicine if needed. Eat what you can to survive. Congrats and good luck!
  • Options
    It might get a little better but I was tired the whole time. The nausea went away after first tri. I went to bed early every night (like 9 pm) so ya fatigue is normal. Third tri was rough. You’re growing a human! It’s all part of pregnancy, it’s going to do weird/new things to your body.