September 2023 Moms
Options

FFFC 3/24

*not guaranteed to be flame free lol

Re: FFFC 3/24

• Options
    I’ll start with a harmless one… I always put Italian dressing on my American tacos. Like ground beef + cheddar + Wishbone Italian 
  • Options
    @cammie0526 I have so many questions, lol. Like the ground beef is seasoned with taco seasoning, made into a taco, and you…then add Italian dressing? 🧐 How did that even start, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @runningyogimama Yup, that’s about right! When I was a kid my mom would always put ranch dressing on her taco salads (like a normal person), but I hated ranch so would use Italian instead on both taco salads and tacos in a shell. It just stuck, lol
  • Options
    I hateeeee when people buy baby/kid clothes for us because I hate things with sayings on it or characters. They’ve gotten better at knowing my style but many times I just donate it. 🫣 

It’s also partially why we don’t find out what we’re having. 

I have a very neutral style and that’s what we all wear. Earthy tones are usually what I buy for me and the kids. So burgundy, deep yellow, emerald green, peachy brown, blue, and beige. I like things that align to it. 

Buying my kid paw patrol does nothing because he doesn’t know what paw patrol is. 😂😂

ok I guess my other FFFC is we don’t really do screen time with our kids. So when people reference things to them I’m like..he doesn’t know it. He knows lion king and moana because we listen to the music with his tonie box. We’ve watched something here and there when they’re sick and lethargic but it’s rare. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul I agree with the clothes. I live in Alberta and we go from -30 C in the winter to +30 C in the summer. People don’t think about sizes and seasons when they buy stuff. Like I’ll get a super cute summer outfit that is the size my kid will be in the middle of winter. So annoying. 

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul I feel this is my souls re words/glitter/characters. Although we do wear color, and I love the Disney stuff at Zara. Because my daughter goes to preschool some uglier things have snuck in (lite up shoes she begged for that another girl had and my mom obliged). 

My mom is amazing and anything she buys she gives me the receipt for. 

@cammie0526… I try not to yuck on somebody’s yum… but that’s umm… unique. LOL. 

I had someone ask me if I wanted/was having a sprinkle. I find additional baby showers a bit tacky. We knew we wanted more than one child and all of our big stuff is grey, newborn/0-3 clothes are all neutral from not knowing the sex. I will need to buy basically nothing. 
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I’m a bit more laid back parent than most and basically take a follow their lead approach for nearly everything (bedtime timing, bottles/eating, nap schedule, potty training, then likes/interests as they get older) - as soon as my kids are old enough to have an opinion about how they dress (usually by the time they’re walking, they find it fun to pick things out of their dresser to wear themselves), I let them have an opinion about what we buy and what they wear day to day, as long as it’s weather appropriate, even if it doesn’t match or I hate it, and if it’s all their favorite character at that moment - whatever, I know it means no argument over getting dressed in the morning. Clothes aren’t worth a fight in my house! It’s one of the few things kids can control from early toddler age on that had no bearing on their safety. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@anniemarie887 I also find second+ baby showers tacky. We sold most big baby stuff before we moved (which was all from our oldest, who is now 10), knowing if we had one more we would have to buy those things again (but also now knowing second hand is awesome for just about everything!), but even with an almost 5 year gap from current youngest to this baby by September, I wouldn’t allow anyone to throw us any kind of shower/sprinkle. I feel like second+ showers are gift grabby, since it’s literally a party built around gift-giving. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I’m such a laid back parent too! Which is so funny to everyone who knows me well, because none of us expected me to be this way. I’m very much a take charge, Type A person in other parts of my life, like at work.