Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly check-in w/o 3/20

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 16w1d September 3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Its a girl 

Baby is the size of a(n): Avacado 

Upcoming appointments: Friday u/s

How are you feeling? Mostly fine, a little unmotivated and stinky smells still gag me

Raves/Rants: nothing pregnancy related at the moment, just over inlaws 🤣

Questions: none really 

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation - I don't know that I have one, I'm a music lover so probably a good music festival 😅
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: September 18 / 14w0d
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 💚
    Baby is the size of a(n): length of a debit card
    Upcoming appointments: April 6 for obgyn
    How are you feeling? Still nauseous
    Raves/Rants: I miss my normal sense of smell. It was already very keen to begin with, but it was nothing compare to the last few weeks.
    Questions: Not really
    GTKY: what’s your dream vacation? I don't know to be honest. But I like travelling and experiencing new places a lot. There are so many places I want to see one day. My friend's sister is currently going around the world for a whole year with her 4 year old daughter and husband. I envy their guts, as they get to see the world, but I'm too much of a homebody to ever sell my house to do as they did. But I still plan on visiting a couple of places slowly over the years.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 15w2d, 9/9

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel Orange

Upcoming appointments: Next week, monthly OB

How are you feeling? Morning sickness is improving. Still have bouts of nausea and gagging. Aches and twinges otherwise, especially when I move around more. 

Raves/Rants: NATM. 

Questions: Nah. 

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation Idk. I don’t like flying. Maybe Hawaii.
  • Options
    @azmamatobe for some reason I've noticed a bug increase in smell sensitivity upon entering the second trimester. I thiught it was supposed to go away around this time
    @dogmom5 We saw the northern lights in Iceland! It's great to go in March because it's not super cold, but you can still find the lights
    @cammie0526 the struggle of clothes makes me cry on occasion! I've been wearing the same few things just every week
    @froggerblue wow, traveling the world with a 4-year old sounds so intense. Definitely takes some commitment and guts!
    @babysavvy I've never been on one, but my dad hates flying, loves travleing and he really enjoyed a cruise he went on.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Sept. 24th/13+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming appointments: Today in an hour! OB for the first time and we will do lots of testing. Just hoping for another good photo of baby!

How are you feeling? I always feel like things are gettinf better then I vomit randomly. Still have terrible night-time sickness!

Raves/Rants: Clothes make me cry now. I don't know why, but I'm visibly showing already. No pants fit and I only have a few maternity leggings. But I can't wear leggings to work... I've ended up wearing the same two outfits every day for a week already.

Questions: nope

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation Is it a vacation to travel the world for the rest of my life? I would love to just travel and live and work in different places for 6 months at a time.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Sept.11 15 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange

Upcoming appointments: Doctors appointment Wednesday 

How are you feeling? Less nauseous, still super tired. Headaches started this weekend. 

Raves/Rants: I got nothing. 

Questions: anyone feel any kicks yet?? Once and a while I think I feel a little pop but I tell myself it’s too early and it’s just phantom kicks. It is my third in a short time so maybe I am feeling baby?. 

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation: Belize, New Zealand and driving across our beautiful country of Canada. We live in Alberta and it’s on our bucket list to take like a month in the summer and drive to the east coast. Take our time, fish, see all the things. 

• Options
    @dogmom5 so over the illnesses. Both my boys have come down with something. My 3 yr old had a 103.5 degree fever and my 20 month old had a 104 degree fever. They’ve never had fevers this high before. Ugh. So done with this winter! 

@babysavvy I really want to go to Hawaii as well. It won’t happen until we move back to Canada as it’s too far now. 

@jennaverhaeghe I have felt stuff! I figured 5th pregnancy so it makes sense. It’s not constant but randomly. 

@mokamonster can you get maternity jeans? They make such a difference and are so much comfier!

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Sept 20 / 13w 6d 

Baby is the size of a(n): no clue 

Upcoming appointments: I had a midwife appt yesterday. Next one isn’t until April 17. 

How are you feeling? I feel perfectly normal and it freaks me out. 

Raves/Rants: I picked up my youngest from his childminder on Friday and she goes “oh you’re so big!” I was so offended. I’m still wearing my size 4 jeans, I don’t think I can be that big but ok. 

And see above - so sick of my kids being sick!! I need spring and good health soon. 

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation? 

it’s probably going to new Zealand and Australia. Or going to Malaysia and Thailand. I haven’t travelled much of Asia yet so I’m really keen to do so! 

I also really want to take my kids to where we went on our honeymoon - Mauritius. 

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul I wish I could, we have gone to so many shops just trying to find maternity clothes. They sell online but even the XL size normally in China doesn't fit me. Also, if you ever find yourself in China or Hong Kong, let me know!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Sept 13, 15w tomorrow

Baby is the size of a(n): a fetus

Upcoming appointments: 4/21 for regular appt and anatomy scan! hello time is flying.

How are you feeling? well, i would say i was feeling great... until last night when i got an uncontrollable bloody nose for 3+ hours and wound up in the ER. (all urgent cares were closed, i'm on low dose aspirin, and on call ob said prob best) it was pretty busy, and i waited about 2 hours to be seen... by that point it had started 5 hours prior and had finally slowed. a super nice PA bumped me when i was like hey, can i just go home now? (it was 1230 am) they did a nasal spray, still saw some oozing and decided to cauterize my nose and sent me home at about 130am. i showered, b/c hospitals are gross, and finally got to bed at about 2am... all to be up at 7am to get the toddler out the door and off to work. i am so tired.

Raves/Rants: rant - see above, lol. rave - love that my OB is good with prebooking appts, she even jokes "get the good times!" lol so i am booked thru to july/31 weeks. 

Questions: natm

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation - a month or more in India. it's been my #1 bucket list trip for many years. just totally explore and hopefully immerse myself in the culture. at this point it will probably have to be a retirement activity, and that's ok! 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 You must be so tired today with that whole ordeal. Glad to know it's delt with.
  • Options
    @azmamatobe the unmotivated feeling is real, i feel you on that
    @dogmom5 sorry you got your kiddos sickness, i am so ready for this cold/flu season to be done
    @ccammie0526 italy is super high on my list of places to revisit, thinking a big trip for MH 40th in 2025. he really wants to bike the dolomites
    @froggerblue that's amazing, i've checked on a few IG accounts of ppl who have done that. i am so lucky my parents took me all over as a kid - but honestly i don't have super solid memories until i was like probably 9 years old? which is why when we did europe last summer we left our daughter at home. i love her, but mom & dad wanted an adult trip.
    @babysavvy hawaii is amazing, we're east coasters so the flight is a doozy, but so worth it. re the aches/twinges, i can't remember if this is your first, but my OB did confirm it all feels a bit more intense and earlier the second+ time around
    @mokamonster i'm so sorry clothes are so difficult for you! that's really frustrating, do you have any family who can ship you some items from the US?
    @jennaverhaeghe this is my 2nd, my OB asked last week if i thought i felt anything and i said no, but in the last 48 hours i *think* i've started feeling that like internal rolling motion (i'm 15w tomorrow)
    @wanderlustsoul i'm so impressed if you are still in your same jeans! i cannot remotely say the same! also hoping for no more sickness for you!!
  • Options
    adding to @froggerblue so, so, so tired. its about to be lunchtime on the east coast, i'm lucky to have a small sofa in my office, solid chance i will be taking an afternoon nap
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 Oh man! Props to you for making it to the office today instead of calling in sick!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 14 weeks!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  still undecided. 

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

Upcoming appointments: April 5th

How are you feeling? Ughhh. Drained so badly. Gagging constantly and nearly puking. Not nauseous but uncomfortable. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation? Ireland 😍 or Greece. I want to see them both so bad! 

• Options
    @anniemarie887 That sounds so terrible and scary! I'm also surprised you made it into work the next day. You must be exhausted!

Maybe shipping things from the US is really expensive, but I could look into it. Perhaps I can find some second hand things so I don't feel guilty for spending a lot of money on things that don't fit haha
  • Options
    @cammie0526 and @mokamonster it’s my small
    business (insurance & financial services agency) and I had an employee quit two weeks ago and one who is on vacation… so sadly not a great week to wanna play hooky. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks + days: 9/14, 14w4d!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out in a few weeks! 

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

Upcoming appointments: April 12

How are you feeling? TIRED. Strong smells still make me sick

Raves/Rants: none

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation? Greece!
  • Options
    Also, just noticed my UN changed to the knottie! I’ll get that fixed
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 9/25 13w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): maybe a lemon

Upcoming appointments: well, I have a dermatologist appointment to have a mole removed next Wednesday...ugh. Next ob isn't until 4/10.

How are you feeling? Still super tired and kinda nauseous.

Raves/Rants: We told DD she is going to have a little brother last Thursday. She has been super cute asking to hug my belly and she drew a picture of our family at preschool and included him. I didn't realize how much it would melt my heart!

Questions: none

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation Iceland!
    @mokamonster I'll have to remember your tip to go in March for the northern lights 
  • Options
    @woodland26 aww, that really sounds so sweet! It's melting my heart just reading it!
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 that sounds terrible, and I can’t believe you were functioning enough to work the next day!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 15 w / 9/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): apple

Upcoming appointments: next OB visit is 4/3

How are you feeling? Just still freaking exhausted! I also keep thinking this awful acne is clearing up, but then I’ll have a new breakout a few days later. Really kind of hoping it clears up for good soon - it’s that really uncomfortable, hormonal cystic acne. 

Raves/Rants: Im just ready for spring to come and stay! It keeps getting slightly warmer, then snows/freezing rains/ices at least once a week. I’m over it.

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation
    I really have no idea! We always visited family for vacations growing up, and we had kids right away so also didn’t have the money to travel before them, so I’ll admit I haven’t been that many places (though my ILs took us with them to St Croix when we were dating, and that was super beautiful). I don’t even know where to start with where I would want to travel! Im also such a homebody and like to chill and have a lot of downtime, so I’m probably not the best traveler, anyway.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited March 2023
    @carolinamama6 sorry smells are still bothering you
    @woodland26 that's so sweet about your daughter!
    @runningyogimama i got a facial two weeks ago and she recommended this: Hylunia Colloidal Silver Mist With Lavender Floral Water it's been helping a lot! along with doing a couple of masks everything has cleared up for now! mine was all jawline/lower face aka hormonal. 
    @andrawrmeda2 we honeymooned in greece, 10/10

• Options
    caginantoniccaginantonic member
    edited March 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days: 15w 4d - 09/11

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: It's a boy

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel Orange

Upcoming appointments: April 6th

How are you feeling?: It changes day to day unfortunately, still battling nausea

Raves/Rants: I'm craving so many things at once but still have a hard time eating any of it! Also people keep bringing in sweets to the office and even the sight of them makes me sick.

Questions: What are people's thoughts on birthing classes? Necessary? Recommended? Some people have said not to take them because all they do is scare you.

GTKY: what’s your dream vacation
    Japan - my husband was born there and I want to see where he grew up. He has been missing it a lot recently too.
  • Options
    @thelittlelilac I never took a birthing class (I think with my oldest, the one at our hospital was a conflict with work schedules or something and that’s why we initially didn’t sign up), and I found reading books to be more beneficial, but I’m also someone who likes to read a lot and be fully informed about all of the options and all of the whys and all of the scenarios, so any specific class didn’t ultimately feel like the right fit to me. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I’m going to Greece in a month and super excited to see the desire and good stories about it haha. 

• Options
    @thelittlelilac we took a two day weekend class via the hospital that was birth, newborn care and CPR. And maybe a few other things? It felt worth it, don’t need to repeat with #2. IMO there are some amazing books that can fill in many of the gaps, and books around baby sleep are worth their weight in gold. I’m a big fan of Babywise and the Happiest Baby On the Block for after baby arrives. For pregnancy and birth I read Emily Oster’s Expecting Better which I’m a little more hesitant these days to recommend as she’s got some questionable ethics. 
  • Options
    @thelittlelilac I don’t recommend typical birthing classes. They don’t hurt if you want to take one, but I think they’re kind of a waste of time. I do however recommend infant CPR lessons and a breastfeeding class (if you plan to try BFing).