Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 3/20

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):

How are things going?:

Any questions?:

GTKY: Happy first day of Spring! Do you have a garden?  What's your favorite thing to plant/harvest?
TTC History:
Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
Due date was Nov 2020
DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
TTC: March 2021
IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 3/20

• Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): No diagnosis, just no luck.

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TWW 😬

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): First round of Letrozole, OPK, and trying to time the fun times.

How are things going?: Feeling hopeful because I saw my first peak ever on OPK. Now we anxiously wait.

Any questions?: None at this time.

GTKY: Happy first day of Spring! Do you have a garden?  What's your favorite thing to plant/harvest? I’m really bad at gardening, but I always try! I usually plant a bunch of hot peppers, tomatoes, and some other veggies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurky lurk from the deep deep bench* to send hugs to @bearmomma1. i see you.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @dmcg17 Excited for you! I hope that letrozole does the trick! 
    @bearmomma1 Good for you looking after your health! I’m trying to get back into weight loss mode but I am finding it harder this time around. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, unofficially “old eggs” and “bad luck” 🙄

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): Waiting for my first RE appointment in 2 weeks

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Trying naturally with support from acupuncture 

How are things going?: OK. I’m glad we’re going down this path to get some more testing done but I’m not overly optimistic that I have a diagnosable and treatable fertility issue. I think I might just be old 🤷🏻‍♀️

Any questions?: What was your first fertility appointment like? Anything I should know or ask? 

GTKY: Happy first day of Spring! Do you have a garden?  What's your favorite thing to plant/harvest? I have a big old garden and I add a little more to it every year. I am mostly in it for the raspberries, asparagus, tomatoes and peppers, but in the last few years I’ve discovered the absolute joy of home grown potatoes and cabbage. I really love just rolling out to the garden before a meal and getting exactly we need. It makes my heart happy. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit Your garden sounds amazing and I’m super jealous! As for the doctor, I don’t know if we really had a “first” fertility appt. TW: When I had the CP, my doctor was basically like, “Well I think you’ll be pregnant again by the end of the year and if not, we’ll do testing.” My cycles were all out if whack after that, so we did testing in Jan and now here we are. I think we just kept asking what next steps would be. Like if this doesn’t work, what comes next?

@bearmomma1 I honestly don’t even 100% know what to look for other than the peak in OPK, raise in BBT (which I can’t do because I’m up like every 2 hours), and egg white CM (I did have this too!). 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit your garden sounds lovely! I’m a spot to actually have a bit of a garden this year and I’m so excited! For your other question - my first RE was very frustrating. Felt very “by the numbers” and took a little shopping around before we found someone that felt like a good fit. So, trust your gut! This can be an intense process and for me feeling heard by the RE was important. 

@bearmomma1 congrats on bathroom remodel! i bet thats such a relief. 

@dmcg17 love growing tomatoes! someone shared a Mr. Stripey variety with me last year that was surprisingly delicious. I've been trying to find it to grow again this year. 
  • Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): WFFET

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): natural cycle FET. I say natural. We pushed the cycle back with about 10 days of BCP, then are hoping it just picks back up. RE says it works, but I’ve been iffy coming off BCP in the past. So fx my body does what it’s supposed to do! 

How are things going?:trying to be cautiously optimistic because of math and statistics, etc, but also trying to be fully believing it will work to not jinx it. So, rational and great 😂 

Any questions?: nope

GTKY: Happy first day of Spring! Do you have a garden?  What's your favorite thing to plant/harvest? Tomatoes usually do well for me. Also trying rhubarb, strawberries, and carrots this year since I finally have some garden space! 
  • Options

I’m back- formerly known as the road to Oz or whatsbumpinpumkin 

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained RPL, occluded left tube, ama

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): benched tw- loss

D&c scheduled for Friday. Trying to hang on to the fact this pregnancy WAS intrauterine which means my right tube is still open, so I CAN get pregnant. 

Then one full cycle we can try naturally (which won’t likely work) and we can do femara again. If we haven’t had success by late summer OR have another loss before then we are moving to IVF so we can do genetic testing. 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): benched. 

How are things going?: pretty awful. This is the worst month of my life. 

Tw death- 

My MIL passed away unexpectedly - pretty much the same day as my pregnancy stopped progressing. God wanted to give her one more grand baby angel to take with her to heaven to spoil I guess. She LIVED for her grandkids so I’m 💯 sure she’s got him in her arms. 

Any questions?:

GTKY: Happy first day of Spring! Do you have a garden?  What's your favorite thing to plant/harvest?
    Im terrible at plants unless they are ridiculous overly fussy plants. Mint? Crispy. Orchid? Growing like wild. 🥴😂🤦‍♀️

@d@dmcg17 I feel like “what’s next?” Is the question I’m always asking. The thing I hate the absolute most about TTC is the absolute lack of control. Dear universe- I’d like to place an order? Here are my specifications… 😂😂😂 Nope. 
    @b@bearmomma1 glad you are focusing on yourself and your health. It’s SO important. I made some snarky comment to my doctor about how we weren’t TRYING but we weren’t doing anything besides old age and infertility to prevent - she said “well. That’s trying.” 
    @m@maggiemadeit that garden sounds like GOALS
    my first RE appointment we talked a lot, then things moved quickly- We have insurance coverage for infertility so she outlined what we need to do to get coverage for moving on the each step. My very first appointment was in Jan 2020, and we did a hysteroscopy within a week or two(they shoot water up in your tubes) and that procedure was able to reopen my right, but unable to push through my left. If there is something physical they try to identify it right away. There was some signs that some of my losses had likely been ectopic on that side. Which was a weird feeling - grateful they passed naturally with just scarring, mourning. We started medicated cycles, planning to move on to ivf after three months. The blocked tubes meant we’d skip IUI and there was something like a 30% chance my right would reseal after 3 months. Spoiler - LC
    We were successful April of 2020, with the whole world imploding around us 😂 on our last cycle before moving to IVF 
    This time I spoke with my OB and given my history she had us try femara instead of clomid, so when we see the new RE we’ll already be “qualified” to move right to IVF. They’ve never done any kind of sperm analysis given my history of loss. 
    So just a heads up, if you have insurance coverage that may dictate the treatment you receive as much as what the doctor thinks will work. Sorry that was a novel! I just remember how much going the first time felt like this big unknown. 
    @ha@halfanewt I’m a total data nerd (I’m a financial advisor) but I feel like in TTc it’s like “there’s a 2% chance this will go wrong… soooo I guess I should definitely plan on that happening l 🤦‍♀️😂” I hope it does work for you!!! Math is on your side ❤️

• Options
    Lurking @bearmomma1 sending you a big hug 
  • Options
    @halfanewt @dmcg17 @charmedlifex3 Thank you all for sharing your RE experience. It’s really helpful to hear your experiences and advice and I feel a bit more prepared now. 

There is only 1 option for us, unfortunately, due to location and insurance, so hopefully it will be a good fit. I went down the rabbit hole of reading reviews for the clinic and they were overwhelmingly negative, which made me even more nervous. But the actual doctor we’re seeing has wonderful reviews, so here’s hoping 🤞🏼 
  • Options
    @halfanewt I’m rooting for you and your FET! When’s the big day? 

@charmedlifex3 I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow.
  • Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, MFI, Possible Funky Blood 

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): WTO 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Natural Cycle 

How are things going?: Fine I suppose, second SA was good motility is still low.

Any questions?: Nope 

GTKY: Happy first day of Spring! Do you have a garden? What's your favorite thing to plant/harvest? .... I have a brown thumb. My grandfather had the most beautiful garden for years and he passed last year. He was a botanist that grew up on a farm and taught biology. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @maggiemadeit glad your RE gets good reviews! Fx it’s a good fit! 
    Not sure on timing. Natural cycles are variable 1 depends on your cycle progression. Have an US to check in on Sunday and should get a better sense of timing then. 

@charmedlifex3 thinking of you today
  • Options
    It’s done. 
    My body didn’t do well coming out of anesthesia (bp dropped low, lots of pain and was vomiting) so they kept me for a bit, but I’m home now, and feeling better.  Taking the weekend to recover. 

• Options
    @charmedlifex3 i hope your weekend is chill and helps you recover. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.