Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Chemical pregnancy?

sgnippersgnipper member
edited February 2023 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Hello, my husband and I are in state of confusion. On 2/17 I was 11DPO, got multiple pregnancy tests. We had two positive digitalis and the rest were line tests that were faintly positive.

Fast forward to 2/18, 12DPO, I took two more digital tests and they were negative. Then I took line tests and they were faintly positive.

Is this a chemical pregnancy? Also is there any chance that tomorrow, 13DPO, the faint lines will increase?

any chance I could still be pregnant?

Re: Chemical pregnancy?

• PG tests are qualitative, not quantitative.  So, if your HCG level matches or exceeds the level of HCG the test is testing for, then there will be a line.  If you got a BFP, you need to call your doctor.  If you got a BFN, you are not PG.  If you are getting mixed result tests, you could have had Evap lines for your first tests.  Or bad tests either before or after.  I would call my doctor if I were you. They can always do blood tests for HCG beta quants. 
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• I've had this happen twice in the past year of TTC. I got my positives on day 10 PO. Day 11 the positives took longer to form. Day 12 the tests were negative. I was very confused for the first pregnancy but the second one I knew I had had a positive implantation but my uterine lining wasn't thick enough to feed the pregnancy so it failed very quickly.
  • Loading the player...
  • In 2020 I had a positive pregnancy test. I took a few more just to be sure all positive ! Saw my doctor was sent for first ultrasound nothing showed so they said maybe too early went back few weeks later. They saw the gestational sac, placenta but no baby was to form. They told me one of the names for it was blighted ovum.i was told it can happen sometimes and it wasn't my fault. Also it would be possible for me to get pregnant in the future and carry baby to term. I had a d&c and they removed a questionable mass with everything. It was sent for testing and nothing conclusive to report. Very strange! Although there was no baby it wss really tough on me. I had gotten use to the idea I was pregnant at the time!