Weekly check-in w/o 3/13

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell us about any tattoos you have/want/plan to get! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly check-in w/o 3/13

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days:   9/4 (Labor day hehe) 15wks+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Boy💙

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange🍊

Upcoming appointments: regular checkup next week, but most excited for our ultrasound/anatomy scan  4/18

How are you feeling? In general, a lot better than I was. But gassy😝 and even though nausea is way better, my tummy is still finicky about what I eat.

Raves/Rants: Excited for vacation. I need some sun in my life ☀️

Questions: none

So funny that I just had a dream I got a HUGE tattoo on my back, but I can’t remember what it was. I have a bunch of wildflowers tattooed on my upper right arm and I absolutely love it. I hope to get an homage to my Irish roots in the future. It will probably be cliche but it still means something to me because my grandma is proudly Irish (and has a shamrock tattooed on her ankle😆☘️)
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 13 + 2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Upcoming appointments: end of this month

How are you feeling? I’m feeling ok. I had to get an emergency tooth removal yesterday and I can’t take anything other than Tylenol so that has been rough

Raves/Rants: eh….lol. I am praying my
    tooth pain goes away 

Questions: 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days:
    Sep 25 / 12+1

Pink

Plum

Upcoming appointments:
    4/10 for regular OB appointment 

How are you feeling? 
    Great. Everyone in the house is finally healthy at the same time. 

Raves/Rants:
    I just got my NIPT results back and everything came back negative - such a relief. It also says baby is a girl, which is a total shock. I was convinced it’s another boy and the at home Peekaboo test said boy (I know, I know). I’m excited to tell our parents, especially mine since it will likely be the first/only granddaughter for them.  

Questions: 
    Just a fun one: has anyone had food cravings lately? I’ve been eating so many salads the past couple of weeks. It’s like my body can’t get enough greens after the early weeks of carbs on carbs. 

I have none and no plans to get any at this point. I like seeing them on other people and hearing the stories behind them though!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 13W6D/Sept 13

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): a fetus

Upcoming appointments: Friday for normal OB appt

How are you feeling? dare i say.... normal! 

Raves/Rants: got my NIPT done last Thurs, hoping to have results in Friday for my appointment 

Questions: our hospital did away with masking, which feels a bit shocking! anyone else?

GTKY: Tell us about any tattoos you have/want/plan to get! i have 3, i would get more, just haven't plotted out exactly what i want
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 9/19/23, 13 weeks on the dot!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: still debating. My mom and a close friend want to do a reveal party. We kind of said we'd always be green after our daughter cause we had one of each and I save everything so I'm set either way but....I also want to know. So I don't know yet😓

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon!!🍋

Upcoming appointments: had one March 8th. I just confirmed I can still get my massages 🤣 April 5th is my next. 

How are you feeling? Rough. Nauseous and gaging but not throwing up. So much pickier about food this go around. Lots of lower back pain and sciatica again. 

Raves/Rants: raving about the new vehicle we just bought! We always had older cars and our 04 avalanche took a dump on us(in a snowstorm no less) the other day. The trans went out and it wasn't worth it to fix. So we traded our truck and our 06 Corolla with 300k miles in for a VERY fancy 2018 traverse. I feel insanely like a sore spot in this thing 🤣 but I love it already. 

Questions: I am always open to breastfeeding questions, I want to throw that out there. I wanted to be a lactation consultant til I realized I had to be able to stab people in nursing school to do it. But I am not a pushy person, I just want to help others 💛 I breast fed and formula fed my oldest, he went for 14 mo, my middle was 18 mo ebf til we discovered breast milk was causing her severe eczema and my youngest was nearly 2 years ebf, he just wanted before he passed. I am an open book and will talk just about anything 💛

GTKY: Tell us about any tattoos you have/want/plan to get! Oh this makes me so happy and so sad. I am an emo/scene kid forever, but I was terrified to get tattoos for so long cause I HATE needles. Like I passed out nearly every time my blood is drawn. So I had zero until last year. Then the pain of losing my baby was too much and I didn't care. I might have unhealthily jumped into an addiction of tattoos but I got 7 in the last year. I have had a list since I was 16 but too scared to do it. So I'm jumping on them now finally. I had plans for about 8 more this year that now will have to wait, but my next two were supposed to be my collar bones. One side I am getting a lyric from a song, "rewriting your identity is all the rage" with like a broken glass/rainbow rain design and the other was a bleeding heart flower stem. I had to tell them I gotta wait a while though 🤣 oh and I had to cancel my Feb appointment for my hip, I'm getting a custom design crescent moon shaped dead tree with a skull on the middle and a quote along the bottom. She was so upset with me 🤣 cause she really loved the design. I told her the end of the year lol ugh I can't wait to get more 😍😍🖤🖤

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 9/3 (15 weeks 2 days)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: boy 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange! 🍊 

Upcoming appointments: I have a 16 wk Doppler check next week but nothing this week

How are you feeling? Tired! Where’s the second trimester energy 😭

Raves/Rants: none rn 

Questions: none rn!

TW - loss

we lost a baby last September and I got a vine tattoo with roses and rues (my two daughters middle names) and forget me knots for Riley. I’ll have to add something for this baby, but he’s our first boy so idk how to include him in a floral tattoo 😂
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 9/25 12w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): a hard boiled egg 

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for NT scan

How are you feeling? My sinuses are bothering me. My boss tested positive for COVID Wednesday of last week and I was with her on Monday and Tuesday. Worked from home Wednesday - Friday and went back to the office with masks yesterday. I've been testing myself every day since Sunday and all negative so far but still feeling paranoid. If I'm not worried about one thing anymore it's going to be something else...ugh. And of course the typical fatigue, nausea and shortness of breath. I need to keep telling myself that I've been experiencing these symptoms for over 6 weeks now and they're not getting worse so probably not COVID related.

Raves/Rants: See above for my rant. I do have some raves though! NIPT came back low risk! And I finished my progesterone suppositories yesterday!

Questions: none

GTKY: Tell us about any tattoos you have/want/plan to get! I have none. I'm not opposed to getting any, I've just never been super motivated. Maybe someday if I think of something I really want.
  • Options
    sdunstan said:
    EDD/Weeks + days: 9/3 (15 weeks 2 days)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: boy 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange! 🍊 

Upcoming appointments: I have a 16 wk Doppler check next week but nothing this week

How are you feeling? Tired! Where’s the second trimester energy 😭

Raves/Rants: none rn 

Questions: none rn!

TW - loss

we lost a baby last September and I got a vine tattoo with roses and rues (my two daughters middle names) and forget me knots for Riley. I’ll have to add something for this baby, but he’s our first boy so idk how to include him in a floral tattoo 😂
    I have a birth month floral bouquet. I know they're overdone, but maybe find his birth month flower. I also know there are birds, trees and I believe insects associated with birth months. I was going to do a first of our trees til my SIL went and did a black out silhouette forest on her arm. Birch was my tree I think, or ash and they're my favorite trees. 

• Options
    daaaaaaaaaaaang Natera is on it right now... got my NIPT back... low risk for all <3
  • Options
    starlight8323starlight8323 member
    edited March 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days:
    September 27th   /  12w0d

Team Pink 💖

Lime! 🥺 (I always thought I’d never get to say that!)

Upcoming appointments:
    My first OB appointment will be not this Friday but next, at 13w2d! Up until now I’ve still been under the care of my RE. I get super anxious meeting new doctors, so I’m not looking forward to it at all, even though I really want to see Baby.

How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good! Today for the first time I felt a little tiny baby bump forming! I could tell that I am carrying the weight in my tummy differently than before. It was such a great feeling! 

Raves/Rants:
    I’m loving those powder drink mixes that you put in your water! They only have a few calories each, and most of them are sugar free (they do have aspartame, if you watch out for that!) You just have to make sure not to get the ones with caffeine, if you’re drinking a bunch of them per day! I’ve really upped my water game because of these things!

Questions:
    natm

I don’t have any and don’t plan to get any. It just isn’t how I like to express myself. I keep things that are important to me on my walls, in photo albums, scrapbooks, memory boxes, or in meaningful jewelry. I have a custom opal necklace that holds my daughter’s ashes (Opal is her middle name). And I plan to have some of my dad’s ashes turned into a diamond that I can have set in a ring. And I’d love to get one of those bracelets with “I love you” written in my mom’s handwriting!
  • Options
    I may try to come back for tags, as I love reading about everyone’s tattoos, but my brain is just too tired to respond this week (keep waiting for a less exhausted day this week, since one usually comes…).

EDD/Weeks + days: 14 w / 9/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon or naval orange 

Upcoming appointments: 4/3 for a normal appt

How are you feeling? SO TIRED!

Raves/Rants: 😴 Exhaustion + pregnancy insomnia. 😭 I am SO grateful to be pregnant again, but, man, having been pregnant for 10 of the last 11 months already with almost 6 more months to go…that’s a lot of pregnancy exhaustion and pregnancy insomnia. My body and brain are tired.

Questions: 

I have a tattoo on my foot that says carpe diem, which probably seems cheesy, but I got it when I was 20 and decided to recover from an eating disorder and wanted a permanent reminder of that decision forever, so I still love it.

I have my daughter’s (who we lost last September) handprints tattooed on my inner wrist. I love being able to carry a piece of her everywhere with me forever.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: September 18 / 13w3d
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 💚
    Baby is the size of a(n): jalapeño
    Upcoming appointments: April 6
    How are you feeling? I'm fed up. Symptoms just seem to be getting worse. My obgyn told me they probably won't go away before the sixteenth week.
    Raves/Rants: The positive point is that baby is okay. NIPT results are good too.
    Questions: No
    GTKY: Tell us about any tattoos you have/want/plan to get! I don't have any. I drew a design I still love about a decade ago, but never got around to a local tattoo artist to get it for real.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Sept. 24th/11+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday for NT and bloodwork

How are you feeling? Some days are okay, most days still terrible

Raves/Rants: Still fighting a stomach bug? Wondering if it's something else. Starting day #4 of constant headaches. Happy that everyone knows at school now, so I can leave class to pee or eat snacks and students don't care.

Questions: How can I stop this headache? I'm going crazy

GTKY: Tell us about any tattoos you have/want/plan to get! I'm terrified of getting a tattoo and I'm not cool enough to get one. Just like I'm not cool enough to have pink hair like I've always dreamt of.