Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly check-in w/o 3/6

• froggerbluefroggerblue member
    edited March 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days: September 18 / 12w0d
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 💚
    Baby is the size of a(n): swedish fish
    Upcoming appointments: had my NT scan and blood draw today, awaiting the results. Appointment with obgyn thursday
    How are you feeling? I take meds but the nausea is taking over a bit more everyday
    Raves/Rants: Baby mesuring two days older, so I adjusted my due date. I felt so relieve to see baby being so energetic even though I feel like hell
    Questions: Not at the moment
    GTKY: What was the last book you read? A fantasy novel : Guy Gavriel Kay's Tigana
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days:
    Sept 5th / 14w0d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:
    Blue!

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Peach 🍑

Upcoming appointments:
    Seeing my OB on Wednesday - fooor the last time.. just switched over to a different provider/midwife

How are you feeling?
    Much better! I can’t believe nausea subsided. But, round ligament pain has kicked in. And I am sooo ravenously hungry these days. My husband can’t keep up with my appetite, 4 smaller meals a day haha. Really sucks that opening my fridge still makes me gag though. My only trigger now that the all-day nausea is gone.

Raves/Rants:
    not much of a rant but I did NOT expect to not fit my clothes so quickly 😂 my bloaty bump is turning into a baby-baby bump!

Questions:
    No questions rn

GTKY: What was the last book you read?
    Boundaries: When to say Yes & How to Say No

Seemed like an appropriate read before baby enters the picture!!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: sept 9 13+ something

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Upcoming appointments: i'll have my first in person appointment at 16 weeks because i cancelled my 12 week

How are you feeling? my family and i have been sick non stop, with the exception of maybe 1.5 weeks total, since we all got covid when i was at 5 weeks. i dont remember what it feels like to not feel bad.

Raves/Rants: i've been trying to get DH to agree to moving somewhere warmer for like 7 years. He's finally coming around. which is weird timing because i wouldn't move while pregnant or for the first year of baby. No way do i want to get a new job and figure out how to pump three times per day, etc. But its still pretty exciting to think that I might not have to deal with many more of these depressing winters. 

Questions: anyone try acupuncture for headache/ migraine? did it work?

GTKY: What was the last book you read? I only listen to audiobooks during commutes, but the last one was probably some real estate book. I haven't been able to listen to anything since getting pregnant, it makes my headaches worse.
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 12w6d/Sept 13

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): a fetus

Upcoming appointments: 3/17 for normal OB appt, and will finally do all my labs unless i can sneak down the hospital sometime before. i had my NT scan yesterday but my orders for NIPT and oither labs were messed up and my OB was off, i could've pushed to have someone else sign off but didn't feel like it in the moment. 

How are you feeling? today - tired and nauseous which is so annoying b/c i got a lovely 8.5 hours of sleep. i've been really focusing on getting good sleep. 

Raves/Rants: see above rant re tired/nauseous

Questions: natm

GTKY: What was the last book you read? currently working through Michelle Obama's the Light We Carry (loving it) just having a hard time finding time to read. my favorite book i read in 2022 was Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin, would highly recommend.
  • EDD/Weeks + days: Sept 9, 13w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Hopefully finding out within the next week through NIPT. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming appointments: Late March

How are you feeling? The last week has sucked emotionally. Physically, I gag daily but my nausea is starting to improve.

Raves/Rants: Nah

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What was the last book you read? I don’t read much. I’m good at starting books and never finishing them.
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 9/25 11w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: 3/16 for NT scan

How are you feeling? I felt extra nauseous and lightheaded yesterday but doing better today. Also, I feel like last week's scare put me in hypervigilance mode. My heart starts racing whenever I get an email thinking it could be NIPT results.

Raves/Rants: I went to the dermatologist today and I need a mole removed off my leg. I got to schedule the appointment for the end of the month because he wants me to confirm it's okay with my OB since it's minor surgery. I've had this procedure done probably about 20 times before. I have history of mild and moderate to severe atipia so I know it's necessary and I'm grateful for being able to catch these things early but I'm still bummed that it has to be now to add another thing to my plate.

Questions: none

GTKY: What was the last book you read? Atomic Habits by James Clear. I finished it the day I found out I was pregnant and almost immediately forgot everything I learned, as most of my habits went out the window when I went into first tri survival mode. Maybe I'll revisit it again in the near future. Hoping to get back into reading soon. I'm big on getting physical books from the library but just haven't felt up to going.
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 9/19/23 12w today!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: still undecided. I'd like to find out I think though. 

Baby is the size of a(n): plum today!

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow after work....gotta finally do my blood work 🤢 I hate needles so much. 

How are you feeling? A little all over the place. I NEVER craved pickles with my others the way I do this time 🤣 like the only thing I want to eat! Lots of heartburn I already am on a med for. Emotionally I'm a tornado. I don't see that ending any time soon though. 

Raves/Rants: we have a lot of family drama and my SIL is also pregnant. She is a "gotta be one better than the next" type of person. So she was of course mad when we said we were also having a baby. On top of that, our baby is due on her daughters bday. So she's extra dramatic cause how dare she have to share her bday. 😒 She gets extra whiny when she's pregnant and this is also her fourth too. I'm happy we moved 30 minutes away 🤣

Questions: any nursery themes out there?? 

GTKY: What was the last book you read? I read a book to my kids for bedtime. We're starting on Harry Potter 🥰

• litzi-2 said:
    EDD/Weeks + days: sept 9 13+ something

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Upcoming appointments: i'll have my first in person appointment at 16 weeks because i cancelled my 12 week

How are you feeling? my family and i have been sick non stop, with the exception of maybe 1.5 weeks total, since we all got covid when i was at 5 weeks. i dont remember what it feels like to not feel bad.

Raves/Rants: i've been trying to get DH to agree to moving somewhere warmer for like 7 years. He's finally coming around. which is weird timing because i wouldn't move while pregnant or for the first year of baby. No way do i want to get a new job and figure out how to pump three times per day, etc. But its still pretty exciting to think that I might not have to deal with many more of these depressing winters. 

Questions: anyone try acupuncture for headache/ migraine? did it work?

GTKY: What was the last book you read? I only listen to audiobooks during commutes, but the last one was probably some real estate book. I haven't been able to listen to anything since getting pregnant, it makes my headaches worse.
    This is a big discussion in our family right now due to some more drama with the same SIL (I have 3) and let me tell you, my husband regrets telling me no to moving for so long. We just bought a house though so we're here for a bit longer. 

• EDD/Weeks + days: 13 w / 9/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green - though the ultrasound tech may have given it away (on accident!) 😬 we are going to pretend we don’t know and still tell everyone else we are waiting 

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

Upcoming appointments: 4/3! Just had my NT scan Monday

How are you feeling? EXHAUSTED. Just seriously so tired I want to cry by the end of the night, and some days about mid-afternoon.

Raves/Rants: Just the exhaustion!

Questions: 

GTKY: What was the last book you read? 
    I just finished Matthew Perry’s book, and was pleasantly surprised - I was afraid it would leave me hating him or hating the book, but I hate neither. Ive been too tired to read the next book I downloaded and keep delaying my library books that come off hold for my kindle the last couple of weeks, though. 😴 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @froggerblue seeing the baby move on the US is really cool!
    @cammie0526 I was a hardcore Taylor Swift fan in middle school and all I wanted were tickets to her concert. My father got my sister and I Jonas Brother's tickets instead (her favorite band). I'll never forget the pain haha
    @litzi-2 moving is rought, especially when pregnant or with an infant! We are rushing to move to a much better city before the baby is born. Maternity leave here is guaranteed for 6 months, so I'm not roo concerned about starting a new job, though.
    @anniemarie887 sucks you still feel bad after a good night's sleep. I noticed I feel better if I sleep for more than 9 hours haha, maybe you have to try to sleep longer!
    @babysavvy same with me for the nausea. I've had issues during class and had to step out until the feeling passed. But getting better!
    @woodland26 the lightheadedness is really terrible. I never expected this.
    @andrawrmeda2 I moved across the world from my side of the family and still deal with the drama every day. There's no distances big enough
    @runningyogimama I am worried about the US tech giving it away for us because I really want to wait. They usually don't here since it's illegal, but I've heard of them telling expecting parents who aren't Chinese. I don't know if we fit into that since my husband is Chinese though. Also. I cry from exhaustion ALL of the time now! I can't control it, I'm just too tired!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: Sept. 24th/11+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday for NT, tranfer to OB, and maybe some other things? Not sure what the OB will want or if we will have time.

How are you feeling? Tired, but not as tired as before? Nausea is finally not all day!! But still getting over a pesky stomach bug that is making me feel pretty gross all day.

Raves/Rants: I can't wear anything anymore. I didn't know that you could get a bump this early but my lower abdomen is hard and protruding all of the time! Even or RE was shocked last week. It's inpossible to find maternity clothes in stores here and most clothes here are way too short for me. I bought some second-hand ones online though for really cheap and 3/6 fit. I guess it's better than nothing! I'm too nervous to buy new ones in case they don't fit.

Questions: I guess not though I feel like I do.

GTKY: What was the last book you read? Is it sad to say it was the business english textbook for a course I'm teaching this semester. Maybe even sadder to say I didn't understand anything in it... maybe they shouldn't have given someone who took one business class in their life a business course. Just a thought!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 13 weeks tomorrow

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments: end of this month

How are you feeling? Nauseous and tired. I also have major tooth pains from
    a failed root canal and I’m waiting to get the tooth pulled

Raves/Rants: 10 more days before I can get my tooth pulled! I am hoping the amoxicillin kicks in so I feel a little better while I wait this out. This is going to be a long 10 days…..

Questions: Natm 

GTKY: What was the last book you read? I don’t even know. It would have been something for my mba classes