September 2023 Moms
Options

Genetic scan

songsofjoysongsofjoy member
edited February 2023 in September 2023 Moms
Hi everything seems okay till now. I am 9 weeks 5 days. My NT genetic scan is due in March second week. Has anyone got NT scan done? 

Re: Genetic scan

• Options
    I did but it wasn’t planned! Went in for an ultrasound and they found a thick nuchal fold. Going in for more testing in the next few weeks. Good luck!
  • Options
    songsofjoysongsofjoy member
    edited March 2023
    I will pray for you. Everything will be fine . read it here under 3 is safe (I meant the NT value in NT scan ultrasound)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep got the scan, because of my scan I’m an “increased carrier risk” and a full time worry wart. Now awaiting the results of my partner to see how worried we should actually be. Kind of wishing I had never done the tests at this point.
  • Options
    @songsboutjane can you elaborate? Unless I missed something the NT nor NIPT determined if you are a carrier. You’d need to do a carrier screening for that. I’m sorry for the worry. 

@s@songsofjoy  I did my NT on Monday, no issues. I will also do NIPT, trying to get to the hospital tomorrow for my draw. Remember these are not diagnostic tests. They are a screening, you’d need an amnio of CVS for an actual diagnosis. 
  • Options
    @songsboutjane : what was your NT value during the NT scan ultrasound? I hate to admit but before we went for NT scan ,we were so petrified. Now awaiting for blood test results. My husband is so anxious. 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 : what was your NT value during NT scan ultrasound?
  • Options
    @songsboutjane Sounds like you did a carrier genetic screening. I'm sorry the results are making you more worried.