Parenting

What age is the ideal time to bring your child to the dentist?

Since August, I've been attempting to see my daughter. In advance of the first dental checkup, I registered her with my dentist. Now that she has 10, I keep calling to make an appointment for her but they always say they are fully booked with emergencies.

Re: What age is the ideal time to bring your child to the dentist?

• The advice I received from my dentist was that they should start going to the dentist once they've been introduced to sugar
  • You can go to the dentist starting when your child has her first tooth. Getting an appointment, however, is it's own challenge!
  • Loading the player...
  • I started taking my son at 3, going before then would’ve been a waste of time because he would not cooperate. Now he’s four and we’ve gone every six months, he’s their star patient and his teeth are perfect. 

Side note: I’ve always brushed his teeth regularly since he was 6months and started flossing once his teeth started to touch at 2yo.

• urooj366urooj366 member
    edited September 2023
    You can begin taking your child to the dentist as soon as their first tooth erupts. However, securing an appointment can be a challenge in itself.
  • Teething is a significant milestone in a baby’s development, but it can be a challenging time for both the little one and parents. As a parent, understanding how long does teething lasts? a complete guideline and how to provide relief for your baby is crucial.