Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF testing & treatment w/o 1/30

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):

How are things going?:

Any questions?:

GTKY: What is something I would never guess about you?
TTC History:
Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
Due date was Nov 2020
DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
TTC: March 2021
IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

Re: IF testing & treatment w/o 1/30

• Options
    how bittersweet it is to have this thread be so empty! I also just realized I used the same gtky question and it’s too late to edit it..woops! How about:
    What’s your favorite guilty pleasure show to watch right now?

Diagnosis (if you've been): prematurely old and quitting ovaries, LPD.

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): just doing OPK’s.

How are things going?: good! Got a positive peak OPK today, so will be trying to seduce my H tonight. I went and saw my GP on Friday as I hadn’t seen her for a regular ol’ physical since 2017! We had a lot to catch up on. I’ve switched my vitamins to a basic women’s multi (as I’d given up taking the prenatals) and added a pre/pro biotic. Feels like I’m coming down of a chaotic ride for the last 2 years and just getting used to being on less shaky grounds. 

Any questions?: nope, but I did learn of something interesting today. Apparently there’s something called a compassionate transfer, for when you have embryos leftover and you’re not going to use them for whatever reasons. Instead of donating them or destroying them, they will transfer them into you at a point in your cycle where you won’t get pregnant. Seems like a nice way to say goodbye. 

GTKY: Guilty pleasure show to watch? I didn’t realize the Bachelor started last week so I need to catch up on that. Also started to watch Too Hot to handle. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @bearmomma1 I love Too Hot To Handle - definitely a great guilty pleasure show for sure. I never got into The Bachelor. Also, I really like your interesting fact!

Diagnosis (if you've been): No diagnosis.

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): Just finished testing for both my husband and I. His SA was normal and my bloodwork also came back normal, so that's good. Now I have an appointment to start discussing oral medication.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Doctor said OPK don't really work for me because I create multiple follicles, but I've still been taking them to try and get at least some handle on my cycles.

How are things going?: Okay - I have good days and bad days. I'm happy to have a plan in place though and hope it's a good path forward. It has felt like just a waiting game up until about December.

Any questions?: I don't think so. This is my first time posting in this thread - I've been hanging out in WTO/TWW for a while, but since we just did testing and are talking next steps I figured I'd pop over.

GTKY: What’s your favorite guilty pleasure show to watch right now? The last show I watched was Ginny and Georgia which was great! I've been WFH a lot lately because I've been on puppy duty, so I keep putting the TV on in the background for noise and feel like I've run out of things. My husband and I always use Love After Lockup as our example of a good guilty pleasure show though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hi @dmcg17 and welcome to our thread. feel free to pop in or out as much as you like. even when our thread is quieter as it has been of late, there are a lot of committed and generous grads who are a wealth of information and regular lurkers, so if you have any questions you'll likely get good eyes on it.
    @bearmomma1 i love it when i get to take a break from being on my prenatals. they're awful horsepills and in my opinion, probably kinda borderline overdosing on a bunch of vitamins and minerals that i don't actually need.

Diagnosis (if you've been): ovaries make bad embryos, body doesn't like the embryos

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): benched

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): waiting for the bloooood

How are things going?: not great but also fine. i've been trying to get back out and into a running routine, and i've enjoyed a few beers (yay!) and am not mostly sitting around moping, but it turns out i'm a little delicate on occasion. i got the results of my beta back on sunday afternoon, but also had on the calendar from planning my acupuncture sessions an appointment with them for monday afternoon. i called them first thing on monday morning to be like, the transfer failed and i need to cancel that appointment. but the office said they have a 24-hour cancellation policy so i should just come in and enjoy a relaxation session and then cancel the remaining sessions. i said i would, but when it actually came to drive to my appointment, i totally freaked out and started crying and couldn't even get myself to find my keys. i called the clinic and because my appointment was schedule for after their usual office hourse, left a message that, i'm sure, made me sound like a crazy person, telling them to go ahead and charge me the late cancellation fee because i just couldn't handle coming in. this morning they did not call me back but just silently charged my credit card.

Any questions?: i'm popping this one into the questions section because i know lots of you guys have taken progesterone. i've come off the pio now and am eagerly awaiting AF so i can get my hormones back within "normal" range, but ever since i started taking the PIO i've noticed that my heart rate is really high. i know progesterone tends to elevate HR a bit, but like often i'll be sitting at my desk not doing much of anything, and i'll look at my watch and see it's registering in the 90s- low 100s. normally my resting HR is in the 60s, 70s. the minute i get up and do anything my HR skyrockets again. i feel like a lot of my walking around time these past couple of weeks my HR has been up around 130 just doing normal stuff like shopping in the supermarket. How much of an impact does progesterone have for you all?

GTKY: Guilty pleasure show to watch? I don't really have enough time to watch a lot of TV but during college basketball season I watch all the games i can for my favorite team. And I will admit that I not only watched all of Stranger Things once, but started right back at the beginning and watched it a second time last summer.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    *lurking* @optimistgardener regarding the HR, that’s how mine has been after each time I’ve had covid. If probably remains elevated and sensitive for a good month. Did you have to test before your transfer? Wondering if you had an asymptomatic case?!?!
  • Options
    *lurking*

I was going to say the same thing. What you describe with the HR is a common finding in COVID. It happened to me a few days before I had symptoms. 

Also, I know you are not interested in other people’s sympathy, so instead of saying how sorry I am I just want to say that it’s not fair and it really fucking sucks. I fully support ditching appointments, leaving crazy voicemails, running like the wind, drinking beers freely, and doing whatever you need to do right now. Hugs. 
  • Options
    @optimistgardener I had palpitations with progesterone, plus I gots the anxiety so.... also progesterone is the pits and makes me feel like hot garbage.  
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, MFI, Possible Funky Blood

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): Natural Cycle otherwise we will likely move forward with transferring our embryo if H's surgery was not successful

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): H's SA is coming up next monday

How are things going?: It's going

Any questions?: Nope

GTKY: Guilty Pleasure Show? Pretty much anything young adult, throw in vampires and I am here for it. ADULTING
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @bearmomma1 I don't take a prenatal, I do take folic acid.... FAIL
    @dmcg17 I'm sorry you are here, I am also "normal" or maybe not normal or we don't know adjacent normal. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL (suspected eptopic) blocked tube on left side, old 😂 (is that a diagnosis 🤪)

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): this is our last unmedicated cycle! My doctor opted to go with femera this time over clomid, she said there are fewer side effects. I haven’t had any issues with clomid in the past, so she said to try it and we’ll swap if it’s not a good fit. 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): last cycle of trying naturally, so probably WFAF to start treatment.  

How are things going?: we are in a good place. We have decided we won’t move forward with any more invasive treatment and we decided we will only try until the fall, and be grateful for the family we have after that. Spoiler (LC) 

It took us two and a half years to get a take home baby, so we recognize that 9ish months may mean we won’t conceive, and are okay with it. 

Any questions?: I’m okay! 

GTKY: Guilty pleasure show- Catfish. I watch it while folding laundry since it’s something I can walk away from and the plot line (🤣) I can pick up ten minutes later without worrying about it. 
    @optimistgardener my heart rate does that randomly fairly frequently. I do have heart issues though so I have an explanation. If it keeps happening definitely mention it to your doctor, that was one of the only symptoms I had when I was younger and it turned out some of the issues were congenital. 
    @dmcg17 having a plan feels SO good! 
    @bearmomma1 the compassionate transfer is a really sweet concept. Spoiler - someone else’s LC

I also had a friend “adopt” embabies, and through both parties request it was an open adoption. They’ve formed a really amazing relationship with the donor couple- she said it’s kinda like an extra aunt / uncle and the “cousins” are actually genetic siblings. It’s so amazing how the infertility space is opening up the “rules” to be more open to what’s right for the actual people involved. 

• Options
    edited February 2023
    thanks for the thoughts, @anniemarie887 and @maggiemadeit! covid is an intriguing idea, albeit i have been testing negative as i came down with a cold last week. but maybe it is just the combo of a cold and the progesterone wreaking havoc. 
    editing to say to @the_road_to_oz thanks for the thoughts on the HR situ! it's on my radar because my mom has tachycardia sometimes but mostly my heart is pretty obedient.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    @dmcg17 Welcome to the most supportive little corner of internet. Glad you have a plan in place and that things appear "normal".
    @optimistgardener What blood work are you waiting on now?
    @the_road_to_oz I feel like we're on similar paths. My H actually just brought up a few nights ago, on another night of following the "stick rules" (what are the "stick rules" you ask? he apparently named it that since we have to follow the rules of the stick...OPK stick! We always have to DTD when the stick says so..even if we're both not in the mood...lol) that he thinks he wants to get a vasectomy on his bday...which is in May...to put the final nail in the TTC efforts. My first reaction was WHAT?? But then I know we're winding down our efforts and I'll never actually be done done if there's still a slight chance, so I think he has a good idea actually.
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @bearmomma1 no bloodwork just literally waiting for blood. like i have ambiguous feelings about the nickname AF, so i'm opting for the grossest way possible to say i'm waiting for my menses so i can ditch this useless damn lining that did not do the trick for me. :) how do you feel about yh's suggestion? i think that would be really complicated for me if i were in yr shoes but could definitely see how it might kinda serve to draw a line in the sand.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener my mom and grandma both had ovarian cancer in their 50s, so my plan is to have both tubes removed and one ovary. If we are successful I’ll do it at the birth, if we aren’t the plan is before I turn 40. (To reduce cancer risk) 
    so yeah. Pretty similar 😂

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz spoilering because not really relevant to ttc
    my mom's wife recently took a genetic test that revealed that she has Lynch syndrome, which helps to explain her family's extensive history of cancer. it actually feels nice to know because it means that she can choose to do preventative testing more regularly and hopefully catch anything early. it sounds like you're making a solid choices as well!
    History
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz that's great news!!
    History