August 2023 Moms
Options

PGAL 1/31

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?

Any appointment updates?

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

Re: PGAL 1/31

• Options
    slothstatusslothstatus member
    edited February 2023
    @emeraldcity603 I hope the hematoma you have is absorbed and baby will continue growing 🫶

I too am waiting for the 14 week mark as a huge milestone and sigh of relief. 

My PGAL brain continues, but a milestone for me was seeing a heartbeat at 10 weeks and 4 days 🙏🏻
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 9+6, 8/31

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Was doing really well until today. I had some spotting again today after several weeks with no bleeding. I literally thought this morning about how PGAL for me means obsessively checking the toilet paper each time I wipe, no matter how long ago my bleeding stopped. I was fine this morning when I had that thought, and then I was spotting again by noon.

Any appointment updates?
    First appt last week was great—OB did a bedside ultrasound without me even asking because of my loss history, and I got to see baby’s heartbeat again. I called her this afternoon to let her know about the spotting, and she booked me for tomorrow morning for another bedside US to make sure baby’s okay. I’m still feeling flutters tonight, so I think we’re okay for now at least. She did mention last week that my cervix looked really irritated when she did my PAP, so I’m guessing that irritation might be the cause of the bleeding this time. I’d love to know what’s making my cervix so irritated and if there’s anything we can do about it—I’ve been on pelvic rest since conception.

Any big milestones? I’ve passed my first milestone (9 weeks), and my next is 16 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I wish I knew why my first pregnancy was so smooth (textbook! perfect!) and why all my other pregnancies failed. No illusions here about any of this being under my control—pregnancy feels like an exercise in absolute surrender. At least I have friends and family praying for me and baby daily, and that’s a comfort.
  • Options
    @lily.Hazel I obsessively check the TP too. I’m sorry you are having spotting again. If your cervix is easily irritated you could see spotting with the slightest things (like pooping). Hopefully it clears up and there aren’t any big issues. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 I hope the hematoma goes away quickly and completely for you

Weeks/EDD? 14w2d ~7/31 (haven’t talked to dr about changing my EDD based on us) 

I’m feeling pretty well physically, but had super annoying indigestion yesterday. I’m feeling a weird pressure low in my pelvis, right in the center. But not cramping, so that’s new. I don’t remember feeling that with my DS. Emotionally, I’m relieved to have made it to 2cd tri no problems this time so far, but I’m not loving this early part of not feeling movement yet and having to assume everything is going well without verification. 

Any appointment updates? Next one is 2/9

Any big milestones? I’ve passed those! Next big thing I’m waiting for is the anatomy scan to check that the placenta has moved up and isn’t covering the cervix at all anymore. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? No, I think I covered it in the other q’s
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 the pressure could just be your uterus growing. I have felt a lot of sensations that have nagged me and I really think it’s just been my uterus growing. Baby was much higher than expected at my appointment. 
  • Options
    I’m already feeling those round ligament pains, it feels like a weird jab and some pressure in my lower abdomen. I’m assuming that’s round ligament pain and the uterus is expanding. 
  • Options
    @lmn823 I am having the same pains. I’ve been getting nervous cause I am one week away from my 2nd ultra sounds and sometimes I think they’re cramps but mostly they just feel like I’ve been doing abb workouts and I have been slacking so bad on fitness. 

Weeks/EDD?
    11.5 8/19
    Overwhelmed and over thinking every pain and twitch. I’m tired with burst of energy for an hour then want to go to bed. I’m at that weird stage of do I look pregnant or just out of shape. I’m not usually one to care about that’s stuff but its getting to me. 

Any appointment updates?
    blood work came back positive for a carrier of Beta Thelesmia. Which I have and I’m getting my husband check but he should be clear. Right now everything else seems to be negative which is great. Next ultra sound is in a week. We’ll find out the gender then. My first pregnancy dude date was 2/10 so it’s excited to have next week’s appointment fall at the same time. Seeing it as a sign. 

Any big milestones?
    11/12 weeks was when my miscarriage fully completely last time so I’m so happy to just be here. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I really want to be excited and start doing bump pics but I’m terrified to get to excited. I was going to journal but haven’t. Just waiting to get to the next appointment and allow myself to really enjoy being pregnant. It’s still not real. 
  • Options
    @alireegs32 I’m surprised they are actually going to consider a gender scan at 12 weeks. They usually are super hesitant to confirm either way that early. It’s totally possible to see at that point though. My last baby was clear as day and then my bloodwork confirmed it. My fear is that my bloodwork will say one thing and the scan will be something different. 

• Options
    msjaaymsjaay member
    edited February 2023
    Weeks/EDD? 14w1d
    How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Feeling pretty good on both account. I had some round ligament pain early this week that just felt like cramping at first which worried me a little, but I felt much better when I realized what it was.
    Any appointment updates? NT scan was great as far as everything they can check at that time period. 
    Any big milestones? Reaching 2nd trimester feels good, but I'll feel much better when I can regularly feel movement. I think it's hard because I had a loss before my daughter and then a loss before this LO. I always go into pregnancies having more losses than I have healthy babies and it just gets in my head. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
  • Options
    I was laying on my couch last night and I was getting some intense cramping on my left side. I really hope it’s from my body absorbing the hematoma. They said I may feel some cramping from it. I scheduled my NT scan and I scheduled for the latest possible time so that I have a better chance of seeing this hematoma disappearing. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 that’s good to know. We were shocked because we thought it was early. If all goes well though we’re still going to lean towards gender neutral everything so we can have hand me downs if we get lucky for a sibling some day.