Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o Jan 30

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What has been your favorite age of your kids so far?

Re: TFAS w/o Jan 30

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 3, but first two are adopted/being adopted

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 and 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’ve been sick, so idk if we’ll get good timing, we’ll see

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Yesterday I was bedridden all day and H was in charge of the kids and the house. This morning I came out and the house is an absolute mess and I am not happy about it.

GTKY: What has been your favorite age of your kids so far? I think I liked ages 1.5 - 2.5 years, although it’s possible I’m only remembering the good parts lol
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? #4

Month/Cycle? 12/ natural Cycle 2 (Failed IVF cycle in June)

WTO/TWW? Wto

Ages of other child(ren)? 10, 8 and 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just started so it is what it is, H's SA is next Monday 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Nope

GTKY: What has been your favorite age of your kids so far?

8, 8 is awesome. It's like pre attitude and post insanity. I've loved things about all ages but 8 is great. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 4/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? It is what it is. I have no chill. Took a test. 8DPO clearly BFN. Which is to be expected. I'm at peace though.

Any questions? Can January be over.

Rant/Rave? THis month has sucked on so many levels. I need to start going in to work once a week but we don't have daycare lined up yet. And this is all starting this week. I need to get my boss to be a bit flexivle. I should have it together by spring, but waitlists are rough.

GTKY: What has been your favorite age of your kids so far? Even with the attitdute this has been the best so far. maybe 2.5. But I love seeing her learn and grow and being able to interact with her so much more. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @mambo5-2 fingers crossed for next monday for Husband's SA!!!
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? #3!

Month/Cycle? 8 casually trying, 2 seriously 

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 and 6.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? We actually had pretty good timing. If this doesn’t take, we have a script for clomid we’ll take next cycle. 

Any questions? We are possibly moving this June. Would you let that be a factor? We struggled with infertility and I’m old (37) but also moving while pregnant sounds miserable 😂

Rant/Rave? TW (rant - pregnancy/ births/drug use) 
    Two people I know have either gotten pregnant or had babies this week. One is a close family friends daughter, who doesn’t have her older children due to drug use and the new baby tested positive. My other friend is a great mom but this baby was NOT planned and they can’t afford / care for the three they have and a fourth will be more burden than joy so she’s panicking. Trying to help my friends manage these really tough situations or be a good listener for them, but there is a (big) part of me that’s angry and jealous we struggle so much to conceive and have the emotional and financial bandwidth to handle one, and it’s just not easy for us. 

GTKY: What has been your favorite age of your kids so far? I LOVE the 6m-1 year stage. They are less fragile, and watching their personalities bloom. So far three was the hardest, and my six year old is getting to a fun stage right now. Teaching him to ski on the weekends!!!!

• Options
    @mambo5-2 FX for the SA!

@stashattack this month has been the longest

@the_road_to_oz future plans and TTC are a mindf&$* in and of themselves. I can tell you it’s not fun moving especially pregnant but it’s not the worst in the world. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 6

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hope is high and I’m sure it will be dashed very quickly. 

Any questions? Nada

Rant/Rave? I was very confused this morning with the post by someone with similar user name. Initially I was like “what the heck did I post”. 

GTKY: What has been your favorite age of your kids so far? I enjoyed 1 and 5
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz I wouldn't put TTCing on hold for future plans. You never know what's gonna happy.

@AmMcc12 That post confused me too. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's had a rough month. Not that I'd wish that on anyone but damn at least I'm not alone.
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz I can definitely relate to your rant. I’m a foster parent so I see stuff like that all the time and it’s so frustrating and unfair. 
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz I'm a social worker so you know I've been the poor nuggets given a rough go. But yeah don't worry about future planning and ttc. 

@AmMcc12 I have been like what in the hecks did I post several times
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @britters314 such a hard thing to do but SO needed. You are amazing! 
    @stashattack I LOVE the toddler stage too. They are just so adorable and funny. 
    @mambo5-2 you give me hope 😂 part of our plan of trying NOW is my oldest will be (almost) 8. He’s always been … difficult. He is honesty harder at 6 than my two year old 🤣
    @AmMcc12 definitely looked at things like what the heck did I post. Always actually me though 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️😂

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz my son is a hot mess express thanks to ADHD, ODD, and OCD but he was great at 8. Just really came into himself and we got his meds figured out, he was doing therapy it was great. My daughter who is 8 is also awesome just really funny engaging but still super sassy
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @mambo5-2 I love hearing your perspective about your kids’ older ages, because I feel like that’s such an unknown age to me. FX for the SA!

@the_road_to_oz It may not be super fun to move while pregnant but I also wouldn’t let that be a factor.

@stashattack daycare is so tough, even for me just working PRN.  I hope they’re flexible with you as you set plans in place.

@AmMcc12 just an extra FX for you.

@britters314 ugh I hope you can kick this cold quickly.

Oh hi, TFAS.

What number are you trying for? 3 

Month/Cycle? 1/1 after mirena IUD removed but long story short I have PCOS and hx of 3 losses and RE workup while TTC for my two—I’m self-benched until at least April depending on thyroid labs and when I can finish food allergy testing.

WTO/TWW?  TWW/WFAF

Ages of other child(ren)?  2.5 & 5

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I O’d, yay!

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave?  Why is the decision to try to grow your family or not so hard.  H is all on board to try right this second. I still feel like I’m deciding.  Glad to have some health reasons to bench for another couple months.

GTKY: What has been your favorite age of your kids so far?  5 has definitely not been my fave for my daughter, lol.  I have to agree with 1.5-2.5y, I’m soaking it up right now.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz I moved twice while pregnant while 8.5 months pregnant with my first. And while 6.5 months pregnant with my youngest. My youngest was born 2 weeks after we moved because she is a jerk and came stupid early. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @mambo5-2 my son has ADHD and sensory processing disorder. So … same 🥴😂