2nd Trimester

Trouble gaining weight?

I’m 16 wks & first time mom~first trimester was really difficult for me to eat & I lost 10lbs. My OB said 2nd trimester should be better & I’ve been eating more but I just can’t get my weight up enough. I’m still a couple of lbs under from my start weight when I first found out I was pregnant. I’m worried it’ll affect myself & the baby. Any tips? 

Re: Trouble gaining weight?

• Eating a balanced diet is way more important than gaining weight.   Healthy diet, healthy diet, healthy diet.  Some women don't gain weight until 3rd trimester.  
  • I was in a similar situation up until about 2 weeks ago. I lost around 16 pounds in my first trimester and it took me up until 17 wks to start gaining weight. It's been slowly happening, about a pound or 2 a week but it's happening. My doctor told me that in pregnancy there are a hundred things to be worried about and weight is #99. It really isn't as important until the 3rd trimester. Just try to eat what you can, ideally "healthy" enough meals and focus on keeping hydrated. Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in a similar situation too. (Lost 6lbs between weeks 8-12, have only gained 1lb since and I'm now 17 weeks.) I still have concerns as well but I'm trying my best to eat good and frequently. I just got some protein shakes to incorporate into my daily snacks so maybe look into that as well? The brand is Orgain and it has 20g of protein. 

At least it's reassuring to hear it sounds like have been in this situation and as long as the pregnancy is healthy we shouldn't worry too much about gaining a ton right now :) 
  • I’ll be 24 weeks later this week. I still probably haven’t gained 10 pounds yet. I got sick 3 times and my first trimester I had a hard time wanting to eat