1st Trimester

Brown spotting during early pregnancy

I’m hoping there are others out here like me.. my brain is racing 100 miles and hour every day overthinking.. I am 6+3 weeks pregnant and from about 4 weeks I keep getting light brown discharge for about 4 days and then it stops for 2 or so, and starts again.. I have no cramps or anything other that is concerning. My boobs have been a little sore ever since I’ve found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, but no other symptoms yet. Has anyone else experienced anything like this in the early weeks? This is driving me insane and I’m hoping someone else has also experienced this - did it turn out that everything was fine, or what happened to you? Interested to hear any outcome please 🙏🏼

Re: Brown spotting during early pregnancy

• I can totally relate! I’m currently 6 weeks 4 days and a week ago I started spotting as well. I also found out at 4 weeks and have been put on progesterone suppositories since. My boobs have also been in a lot of pain, usually I like to walk around braless, but these days I only take the bra off to shower. Tomorrow will make a week since I started spotting on and off so I called my doctor to make sure that was normal. She did say it is very common for woman to spot during their first trimester, but if I start to bleed more than just spotting to go into the office. It made me feel slightly better but it is very nerve recking. Sorry if I’m not of too much help, but I’m glad I’m not alone.
  • This happened to me at 6 & 7 weeks! Usually it was a product of me being on the go and not resting properly. Keep in touch with your doc and definitely don’t feel bad for asking every time it happens - I did and it gave me peace of mind every time they said it was normal!
  • Loading the player...
  • 5 weeks and just started spotting today. First pregnancy so I was panicking and my office is closed for the weekend. From what I read it's pretty common and can be caused from many things. If I continue, I plan to follow up with my doctor.
  • I’m 4&3 and started light spotting. Been trying to get pregnant for 10yrs and didn’t expect this. First response came out positive but clear blue said not pregnant. What am I to think?
  • I am experiencing the same thing the dark brown spotting only happens when I wipe. And I too research everything on it going to get a blood test to see how hcg levels are doing on Monday. I am so anxious. Hope everything turns out well for everyone
  • How is everyone doing? I’m 6w4d and have been experiencing brown spotting for 3 days, mostly when I wipe but twice there was a small about in my underwear. Went to dr on Tuesday and there was a gestational sac & yolk sac measuring on target but no baby yet. They said it was on the cusp of it developing and so I Have to go back in a week, but continuing to spot in the meantime. Hoping for the best but not very confident right now
  • I'm so glad I found this community, I am 5+6 and yesterday I found brown spotting with small grind like substances in it. I literally balled my eyes out thinking I MC. The spotting only happened once for me when I wiped and so far today it hasn't happened at all. One thing I have noticed is a slight drop in my pregnancy symptoms. I don't feel as bloated as I did the past week and my boobs are only sore when bra free. Why is all of this soooo confusing.
    Side note...I just moved to this town and I have yet been able to find a doctor to take me on.... give me strength 🙏
  • I am 5+3 days and am having the same thing. Brown spotting with some grind bits in some of it at times. I do have some cramps but it’s nothing bad- just some light ones here and there. Also some lower back pain. I have also had a decrease in breast pain so my symptoms have also slightly lowered. I suffered a MC last year and everything seems very similar so I’m not so sure this will end well. I still am hanging on to a thread of hope. I hope yours turns out well! Many hopes for everyone here. We’re all just trying to do our best.