1st Trimester

Fainted + test at 5 weeks

I just went to the doctor after finding out I’m pregnant (4 + tests) based on this app I’m 5 weeks 2 days pregnant this will be my 4th pregnancy, I had a miscarriage in August 2021 prior to this pregnancy but the two urine tests he did at his office just now were super fainted I drink a LOT of water like a lot yesterday alone I had 2 and half gallons of water. The nurse said that shouldn’t matter cuz I mentioned I just had a ton of water right before walking into the office. Doctor is saying I’m probably having a chemical pregnancy 😭 has anyone else experienced this and was still pregnant just a fake negative result? I’m having anxiety over this he sent me to do a blood test which I already did but I’m sitting here waiting on the results I just want to see if anyone else experienced this before and was pregnant still

Thank you so much!

Re: Fainted + test at 5 weeks

• So if all you did was a pee stick there, a line is a line, just like at home. It was super irresponsible to suggest a chemical based on line darkness if you aren’t bleeding. The blood test is more helpful for viability if it’s repeated in 48 hours to look for an appropriate rise in HCG. 

I would be super cautious with this provider going forward because this anxiety is not warranted as of now. Best wishes. I hope it all turns out well for you. 
  • Thank you! He did ordered a blood test it came back positive but too low hcg? His nurse said that’s probably because I might have ovulated late this month saying that the miscarriage possible got my hormones out of place or something like that to do another blood test next Monday and see if it’s higher but I’m definitely pregnant just low hcg level😭😩 I’m super anxious thinking maybe the baby stopped growing or something I’m still have symptoms tho and no bleeding at all just mild cramps here and there nothing bad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Like PP said there should be a second blood test in 2 days to check if your hcg is doubling or not. A miscarriage over a year ago should not still be affecting your levels now and a responsible provider would have tracked your hcg back to 0. These all seem like red flags, btw.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I agree with @Wishilivedinflorida, given the information you shared, if that's accurate, I would consider a new provider. The absolute number for your HCG isn't an indicator of viability, what matters is if it's rising appropriately, so you need at least 2 blood draws 2 days apart. Low HCG on the first draw could mean you ovulated later then you thought, as long as the second one is fine. Telling you it's likely chemical based on a pee stick and one HCG doesn't make sense. You had a positive test, therefore you were/are pregnant. You haven't had any bleeding or significant cramps, you're still testing positive, and you don't have a second HCG that shows any problem, so there is no reason to believe it's not a healthy pregnancy. So unless there's something the doctor sees that you haven't shared, it sounds pretty irresponsible to say you're probably having a chemical. If there is some evidence that there's a problem, it seems he hasn't been able to communicate that clearly to you. Either way, I certainly would want to work with someone different.
  • I apologize the miscarriage happened in 2022 I didn’t realize I put 2021 it happened at the end of August 2022 not 2021 and yes he requested another blood test but not 2 days from now he asked for it next Monday a whole week from now which is weird to me because when I had the miscarriage he asked for 2 tests 48 hours apart one on a Monday and second Wednesday back when I lost the baby. Now he did one today and his nurse called to ask me to do the next within a week.

After I came home I’ve been following my symptoms closely and I’m still having nausea I had very mild cramping that went away as soon as I lied down and took a nap cuz I was dead tired. Nothing compared to last time last time I had horrible cramping almost every day and one day suddenly all symptoms went away about 30 hours or less later I started to bleed. I already told my husband that I’m doing a test at home 2 days from now and see while I look for another doctor.