Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW w/o Jan 16

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: TWW w/o Jan 16

• sunshine134sunshine134 member
    edited January 2023
    Month/Cycle: 10/9

CD/DPO: 12/0

Timing: 0-3, 0-1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: 1/28

R/R: I got a super positive dye stealer OPK yesterday, and I've never even had both lines match, so that got me very excited. However, I also had my Dr. tell me some not so great news two weeks ago, so I'm trying to balance the feeling excited with feeling realistic. Not going so well.. 

CS/Q: Spoiler for my beautiful OPK

• edited January 2023
    *lurking* @sunshine134 your opk fell out of your spoiler, somehow. but no worries. re: opks, i always loved the confirmation that my body does at least one thing right. successful ovulation is, all by itself, a pretty cool trick!
    editing to add that i think the old rule for moving from WTO to TWW was like 3 days after a positive OPK or after confirmed luteal shift based on BBT. a positive OPK yesterday just means you're likely to ovulate today sometime, but at a stretch you could still be a day away from ovulation.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • @optimistgardener so I should be posting in WTO? I knew today would be day 0, but that would put me in TWW. I am not doing BBT, so I won't confirm.
  • edited January 2023
    @sunshine134 good question. do you get other symptoms signalling a shift (cm, ovulation cramps, etc)? if so i'd use those. otherwise i think waiting 2 days after a positive opk to move seems reasonable. that having said i don't hang out in the dailies anymore so folks who do might have other thoughts.
    editing to add i hope this doesn't come across as me being a stickler for rules. i mostly wanted to just give a heads up that you maybe haven't ovulated yet and shouldn't assume you have for another day or so.
    History
  • @sunshine134 I don’t think it’s a big deal where you post, but most people wait until after your body shows signs of being past O. If you aren’t temping, that could be based on a change in CM or negative OPKs. I’m not an expert on OPKs, but I think some people get positive OPKs for a few days before O, so you just don’t want to assume you’re in the TWW too early.
  • @sunshine134 Congrats on that blazing OPK. It’s a beauty. Go ovaries! 
  • @optimistgardener and @britters314- Thanks for the insight. I'm not really doing anything other than the OPKs to monitor ovulation, since I really thought I was out for good. I did another OPK this morning and it was lighter, so I assume today is O day, at the latest early tomorrow. After a yucky appt a few weeks ago, I'm just happy to see signs that I am Oing. Since I already posted here, I'll just stay where I am. Calling today day 0. 

@maggiemadeit Thank you! I thought it was beautiful too! :smile:
  • 2 DPO (approx.) and cant. stop. thinking. about. it. What do you all do to keep yourselves distracted during the TWW? 
  • @sunshine134 I obsessively google baby names, nursery ideas, and the like. Probably not the distraction ideas you are looking for lol
  • @britters314 LOL, I do the same thing! 

• @sunshine134 I wish I had an answer! I usually do okay the first week, then spend the second week googling to see when a test will be accurate (as if this information changes month to month?). Hoping for the best for you this cycle! 
  • Thanks, @maggiemadeit. That's pretty much me right now. 
  • Month/Cycle: what do I count from here? I guess 6/2

CD/DPO: cd19/2 or 3 DPO, see CS

Timing: 0 and -2, or -1

Typical LP length: 10 days

Testing: Jan 31

R/R: none

CS/Q: going to try to get the spoiler right here for the image And TW mention of MC.

Spoiler

OPK was positive for surge on CD17. I don’t know if I can post a pic of them—I cropped out the pee end for the most part but will wait for confirmation from someone that I can add the pic from premom. I drink a lot of water so my urine may be too diluted for them to really work. But one was blazing +, on CD17 (that was a less hydrated time). Chart says I O’d on CD16. That’s early for me, I had an MC in October and during my Dec cycle I ovulated on CD22 (expected it to be wonky, my first period was wonky too). When I last was TTC it was around day 18 so that’s what I suspected this time (why I didn’t start sex until CD15.) Thoughts? 

DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem07 you can post your opk in the pinned thread at the top of the board. otherwise I'm in the same 

ugh I have no idea where I am in my cycle. Got blazing positive OPKs a week ago. But CM didn't really change. But now I have EWCM. Imma just hope AF comes soon so I can track a normal cycle after MC 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23