1st Trimester
Options

Baby measuring two weeks behind at early scan

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was the result? First u/s at 8w3d they said baby is measuring 6w1d and had a heartbeat of 126bpm but it was hard to find. I’m fairly certain of my conception date so I’m starting to worry the baby has stopped growing. I’ve also lost symptoms but they were only really mild when I had them about a week ago. Going back next week for another scan but thinking the worst right now. I feel like it stopped growing somewhere in between 6 and 8 weeks. Is that even possible if it still has a heartbeat?

Re: Baby measuring two weeks behind at early scan

• Options
    My daughter measured a week plus (can't remember exactly) behind our prediction at the dating scan, and she is a totally healthy 3-year old now. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    You are "fairly certain?"  How do you know temping? OPK kit? Unless you are monitoring you have no clue.  Unless you know you only had sex on one particular day and no other. 

Best wishes on your follow up
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, just wanted you to know I’m in the exact same boat… HR 123, I projected 8wks but u/s sizes more like 6wks. So incredibly anxious waiting to go back for my next scan. You’re not alone. <3
  • Options
    Due dates are estimated and scans usually are just to confirm healthy status, rule out physical abnormalities and confirm due date. I would talk to the doctor and make them update your due date.
  • Options
    Hey, so I know how you were currently feeling at that point and time. I’m praying you’re doing well now and your baby is healthy and growing. I’m currently in the same position where I got pregnant, did it based off of my LMP and sure enough they told me instead of 8w2d I was only 5w6d with no heartbeat yet. Soo im kinda confused. They said could of been my birth control that through off my ovulation cycle. So today im currently 7w1d. I go back in two days so we shall see. Im hoping for the best.
  • Options
    How did your next scan go? I have my next early ultrasound appointment next week where I will be 5W1D to 6W exact. I’m nervous on what they will or won’t see/hear
  • Options
    My first was constantly measuring small. The doctors did a great job making me terrified about it. They did so many tests in the second trimester though, they were able to rule out anything abnormal. She was born 3 days before the first predicted due date, perfectly healthy. She’s almost 7 now with no issues! Wishing you the same with yours xox