1st Trimester

New here - 40 years old

Hello all. 
Just got a surprise BFP last week after testing on a whim because I've been feeling very "off" lately (depressed, exhausted, and sore breasts). We were not TTC at all. I'm pretty nervous because I have never gotten pregnant on my own. I had to go through significant infertility treatment to conceive my 3 children (11 yo and 8 yo twins). My cycles are long, so my OB took a beta, and it was 48,000...  :#
I'm getting an ultrasound tomorrow to figure out how far along I am... Praying my pregnancy is viable.
Still in pure shock!!! 
I would have posted in "pregnant after 35", but it's dead over there...

Re: New here - 40 years old

• Hope you got good news! I’m pregnant with my second and 41! We were low key TTC but now that it happened we are a bit shocked. Having our NIPT test done on Monday. Having a rough time with Morning sickness which I didn’t with my first! Best of luck!
  • Where can I find the pregnant after 35 thread? I haven't found it. 😕 
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats I’m pregnant at 37 so I get the concerns. I pray for Gods blessings on us all! 
  • @mackenz81 Congratulations! I understand your perspective. I am 39 and pregnant with my first (and likely only). I wish you a healthy, safe and uneventful pregnancy. <3  
  • Congratulations! Once you figure out how far along you are, you can join your birth month board and they typically have an AMA/geriatric/over 35 thread.
  • Congrats! I'm 39 and we just found out it's twins! I'm a little nervous and definitely still in shock
  • @nicnic47 I’m the same. 39, first & probably only pregnancy, via IVF. It’s sad because I always wanted many children, but life throws curve balls. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Congrats and wish you all the best
  • Hey there 40!! 41 here and newly pregnant with our first IVF baby!!! We can do this!!!
  • Hey there! 44 here and pregnant with our 3rd :) Was also low key TTC and still shocked it happened! I had a non-viable pregnancy a year ago that ended with an emergency D&C so I'm a bit gun shy now for that first ultrasound scheduled for this upcoming Wednesday. Praying so hard that they see only good things and I can carry this one full term. Good luck to you all!
  • Hi there! I am only 4 wks along with my first. I am 39 and will be 40 in October, so I'm really hoping this one moves ahead full steam. TBD. Cheers to you! 
  • I’m 37. I’ll be 38 when I deliver. This is my 4th pregnancy. My youngest is almost 13. This pregnancy is a total surprise. I went to the 35+ board too, saw there was no activity and decided not to post there.
  • I am 40, 7 weeks pregnant, and it was a total shock! Not TTC. Pretty nervous 🥹
  • Hello , I’m 40 and 9 weeks pregnant . I had a miscarriage last year at 6 wks . So here I am at 9wks . I saw the baby’s heartbeat at 6 wks , what an experience such a blessing. But here at 9 wks and everyday is another day i pray that I’m still pregnant and everything is going good .
  • Stay positive ! Sending love and light your way !
  • 35 here and pregnant for the first time myself! Congratulations all.
  • I’m 41 and 10weeks after a loss last year and unsuccessful IVF in October. It’s very scary and I’m praying for the best!
  • I'm 45 and unexpectedly pregnant. Big surprise. My first appointment is tomorrow. I'm so nervous. 6w4d.
    I had my daughter 2 weeks after my 41st birthday. She's incredibly healthy and it was a great pregnancy.
    Good luck to you.