1st Trimester
Options

does my scan look OK?

I had this scan at 6+3 , does this look like a normal healthy pregnancy, I ask because of past losses , just scared and after some reassurance, thanks

Re: does my scan look OK?

• Options
    00kim0000kim00 member
    edited January 2023
    We are not sonographers or doctors. What did your doctor say?
  • Options
    yes I am aware of that I'm asking if anyone has had anything similar really and it turned out OK, no need to be so blunt almost comes across quite rude 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YS stands for yolk sac, which is normal at an early stage of pregnancy. The US tech was able to find the yolk sac and the baby, so that is a good sign. Were they able to detect a heartbeat yet? As PP said we aren’t experienced in this and other than knowing the abbreviation for yolk sac I don’t know what a normal 6 week US is supposed to look like. Your best bet is to call your doctor’s office for your results.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Looks similar to the ultrasound I had that ended up miscarrying 2 weeks later 🤷‍♀️

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can have a totally healthy baby in utero on ultrasound one week and have a future scan that shows it stopped growing right after that perfectly healthy scan.

Also @00kim00 said absolutely nothing rude or blunt and asked a very legitimate question. If anything I was quite blunt with you 
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Not a professional here either, but as you said you’re only looking for our personal experience. 

We’re always looking for support specially when you’ve been trying to conceive and carry full term. Your sonograph looks better than mine at 6-4 (see below) and I’m 11-4 now. I’ve had a super easy first trimester and I’m sure you will too. Stay positive and motivated and you’ll have a healthy full term pregnancy. 

And to all those negative nancys, let’s try to be a bit more courteous to one another as we’re only here to look for and/or give support. If you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself 😉

Best to all! 
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies I've had another scan since at 7+3 and all is good :) which is fantastic, I just worry as I have a history of missed miscarriage therefore I worry at everything , all is going well so far this time my previous losses have always been before 6 weeks so I have my fingers tightly crossed for this baby