September 2023 Moms

PGAL w/o 1.16.23

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?

Any appointment updates?

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL w/o 1.16.23

• Thank you for starting this! I was going to start one yesterday, but I’m still getting notifications on the intro thread of my last BMB, so I’m having a hard time with starting any new posts here at all.

Weeks/EDD? 
    5 w 6 d - I know my OB plans to make my EDD based on my u/s since I got pregnant right after a MC, so trying not to get too attached to a date yet, then getting disappointed when it moves back

Physically - exhausted! This is the only pregnancy I haven’t been nauseous 24/7, which is weird and unsettling. Emotionally? Numb and disconnected.

Any appointment updates? First appt and u/s are 1/23.

Any big milestones? I already passed my last loss at 5 w 2 d. After the u/s, assuming all is well, I just need to get to the NIPT, which I’m having done as early as possible since it’s when we learned something was wrong with my daughter (though we didn’t get those results back until 14 weeks). My daughter’s due date is 2/6, so I am already starting to feel like an emotional mess leading up to that. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Between grief and PGAL, I’m just having a REALLY hard time focusing on anything, especially work. I wish I could fast forward time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Weeks/EDD? 4w4d - 09/22 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically, perfectly normal which is unnerving and weird. Emotionally, I just can’t get attached yet. My last miscarriage was really difficult on me and my mental state. And without any symptoms…well. It’s hard because I don’t even feel pregnant at all. 

Any appointment updates? Friday is my first ultrasound to confirm placement. I know I won’t see much as I’ll be super early but hopefully I see enough?

Any big milestones? Next week. My last miscarriage was the day before I turned 6 weeks which will be Jan 27. I’ll be happy to make it past that point. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Is it weird to not have any real symptoms from the progesterone? Only more bowel movements but otherwise nothing. I’m taking 400mg of vaginal progesterone a day. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Loading the player...
  • @runningyogimama you're welcome, i know how hard that is when you keep seeing the notifications. i am also having a hard time focusing and i'm over analyzing my body.
    @wanderlustsoul i'm not sure about the progesterone, have you asked your dr?

Weeks/EDD? 5w2d

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? all over the place. i am having some cramping and i can't help but wonder if the 200mg of vaginal progesterone 2x a day would be masking a loss the way it can delay your period. bloat and tender breasts as well. and just distracted. 

Any appointment updates? 1/26

Any big milestones? my first loss i started bleeding at 5w and my tests became super faint. i am still testing daily, even though i've had 4 great betas, b/c PGAL brain is a mindf*ck. my MMC was at 9w2d, so we've got a ways to go.

Rants/Raves/Questions? natm
  • Weeks/EDD? 7 weeks 5 days, Sept 1st

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I have almost constant nausea for the first time in any pregnancy. I hate it, but it helps to at least have a symptom other than fatigue. 
    Emotionally I am numb. Our first mmc was at almost 9 weeks, found no hb at our first us and the babe had stopped growing at 6 weeks. We've had an early scan at 5 weeks 6 days and saw a hb, but until I get another scan next week I wont feel relief. But honestly having been PGAL before I know the anxiety never goes away.

Any appointment updates? 
    Next is Jan 26th for another scan and first official ob appt

Any big milestones? none

Rants/Raves/Questions?none
  • First ultrasound is in 2 hours. I’m so nervous. 😭

• Weeks/EDD? 
    5w6d or 9/9

Hopeful one moment, terrified the next. Symptoms coming and going. I mc’d at exactly 10 weeks last year. Measured behind. My due date would’ve been tomorrow, 1/21, my father in laws birthday. 

Any appointment updates?
    First appointment is scheduled for 1/30. Kinda upset I have to wait that long. But, I get it, sort of. Just want some early reassurance. 

Any big milestones?
    More symptoms this pregnancy, I’m taking that as a positive. Though, my nausea eased up last night, which is scary.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Is it normals for symptoms to come and go? I didn’t have consistent, debilitating symptoms last time. This time I do but they don’t last all day.
  • @wanderlustsoul Let us know how it goes!! Mine is Monday and I’m super nervous, as well! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• It went well! Pregnancy is in the right place and we could see the gestational sac. As expected, too early to see the fetal pole but this is already a huge relief. Next appts are Jan 30 and Feb 1. I should be able to see both heartbeat and fetal pole by then. 

• @babysavvy totally normal for symptoms to come and go. My first live birth pregnancy I had only overwhelming fatigue that got better about week 10. This pregnancy is nausea, fatigue, headaches, dizziness. Some days are better than others. I also dont have as much breast tenderness yet, but I think that came later in my last pregnancy as well.
  • Noticed I wrote 5w6d, should be 6w6d. 🥴 
  • Thanks @chartput. It’s nerve wracking. Counting down to first ultrasound. 
  • I am SO NERVOUS for my first appointment this afternoon. 😩

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama good luck!! Thinking of you and hope everything goes well. 

• Ultrasound was perfect! Measuring 6w4d (I had 6w5d going off my MC date as CD1), with EDD 9/14. Heart rate was 123 already. 

BabyFruit Ticker