Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

My 11 month old does not like the car seat. Help!

Yes. I've tried everything I could found on Google already. We've even changed car seats. 

Answers

• Options
    So, what’s your question? Some babies just don’t. You either suffer through the screaming or don’t take them anywhere. I know it’s rough, but there aren’t really any other options if you’ve already tried everything else. 
  • Options
    My oldest didn't like it either. She grew out of it. What helped was when she could sit up more in the seat and then when she could finally be switched to forward facing and could see more. Hang in there it gets easier. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine doesn't either. Talking aloud to him in a soothing while we are driving like a running commentary seems to help calm him down. "look there's a blue house, did you see that bike..." Etc. I don't know why it works other than the fact that it distracts him from him actually being in a car seat.

Also if your car seat is easily moveable you could try bringing it in the house every so often and let them play near/in it while someone supervises. Might get them used to the idea and that it's not as scary/annoying as they thought.