1st Trimester

Hypermesis Graviderum

I've been diagnosed and I have been prescribed 4 different medications and nothing is working. Anyone gone through this?

Re: Hypermesis Graviderum

• check check out ollierose_ on tiktok. She highly documented her last pregnancy and talked about HG and how it impacted all 3
    of her pregnancies. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @jordannicole009 same! They gave me a new prescription and it’s exhausting. I am getting infusions for fluids, vitamins, and more nausea meds 3-5 days a week. I haven’t been able to work for a month. Week 12 with no relief. Honestly resting is the only thing that helps; but it’s never fully gone. I am so glad to see someone else finally post about this. Any tips that help, send my way and I will do the same. Wishing you well and lots of rest! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have dealt with this for now all three of my pregnancies. Nausea meds have barely had me able to function, and I am not even sure that is the correct terminology! With my first, I threw up until the day I had her. My second was similar, but I did have a little relief in the third trimester. Now this one is turning out the same. It does not make pregnancy a happy time, that is for sure. I have had standing orders for the first two to get fluids as needed in the special nurses unit. I am guessing they will do the same with this pregnancy as well, although I am able to stay a bit more hydrated this time around. I know this is probably not what you all want to hear, but it’s the real truth. Know that you are not alone!
  • I’m getting really concerned about the weight loss. Anyone experiencing this anxiety?? HG is so intense to navigate. 
  • What week did you start throwing up with HG?