Weekly Check In Jan 16

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: A genie grants you the ability to have infinite amounts of one item. What is it?

Re: Weekly Check In Jan 16

• Loading the player...
  • @itsjess627 praying all goes well for your induction and your little ones surgery. ❤️
  • @seeds_of_joy aww I love your answer! But I might have to go with @itsjess627 on the dark chocolate 😋 I mean, Jesus is better, but I want both 🤣
  • @amccurls dark chocolate is good. 😆  I've experienced the downfalls of everything I want to eat a ton of. Maybe the magic genie has a loophole for that. 🤔
  • @amccurls congratulations on the job!!!! 🙌 That's awesome that you will have your baby with you!!
  • @seeds_of_joy thank you so much 💜 
    Ohhh love your answer about Jesus. Such a good reminder this morning! 

@amccurls congratulations! It sounds like a great job! 
  • @itsjess627 I’m glad you got to have your baby shower and a little normalcy! Also sending prayers and good stay-put vibes for him for now, and prayers for him and his team after he’s born.

@amccurls congrats on the job! That sounds like such a great fit, and the on-site daycare is a huge plus! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 2/16, 35 + 4

Baby is the size of a(n): pineapple or honeydew melon

Team blue/pink/green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: BPP ultrasound on Wednesday for polyhydramnios, but I'm not too worried because my OB is very level-headed, which is so helpful.

How are you feeling?: Last week was tough. I'm starting to make peace with the fact that I still have several weeks to go. I'm making freezer meals for postpartum which feels very productive and helps me stay positive.

Rants/Raves: Baby is very low which sometimes causes pain in my pelvis, but it is manageable. I'm looking for preschool for my 3 year old and it is fun to think about the different options and how much fun she will have!

Questions: natm

GTKY: A genie grants you the ability to have infinite amounts of one item. What is it?

It's a tough one. Foot massages?
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 35+6

Baby is the size of a(n): romaine lettuce, also has growth scan and baby has gotten big. In the 80th percentile now 😮

Team blue/pink/green: green 

Upcoming Appointments: had one this morning. Now have an ECV scheduled for 1/24. This baby is Frank breech and doesn’t seem to be moving. 

How are you feeling?: nauseous and still having some uti symptoms. Also had contractions a lot yesterday. 

Rants/Raves: rant is that baby is still breech. Not loving the idea of a c section. Praying that the version works. 

Questions: I know people have asked before but c section tips things I need to know? 

GTKY: A genie grants you the ability to have infinite amounts of one item. What is it? I would love all the chocolate right now. 🙂

• @amccurls congratulations!  Is this the job you were talking about before?  That's awesome about the daycare.

@angbaby83 sorry your still going through that.  I can't imagine dealing with that on top of everything else.  I hope it clears up soon and that baby will cooperate!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 34+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Butternut Squash or Moon Boots

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Friday

How are you feeling?: Physically better.  The back pain has stopped for a few days.  Still some heartburn waking me up at night but overall good.  Mentally not sure (see rants/raves).

Rants/Raves: Lets start with the raves - My parents have been her for almost a week and it has been so nice already, the baby room is almost cleaned out (should be done today or tomorrow), and we are finalizing somethings at work for my time off.

Rants - Something is happening at my baby shower that I am not happy about but I have to be the bigger person.  Otherwise it would cause issues within the family and it's just easier for me to suck it up than have to deal with it.  And I'm still having insurance issues.

Questions:  None

GTKY: A genie grants you the ability to have infinite amounts of one item. What is it? Probably because it's the one thing that doesn't taste the same since getting pregnant - Peanut Butter.  I love it and I miss it!  It doesn't taste bad, just different, so it's just not satisfying.

• amccurlsamccurls member
    edited January 2023
    @kamays54 thank you! Yes and no. I was just going to a teacher recruitment event where I would’ve interviewed with various schools. This school called me ahead of time and interviewed me and offered the job. The event wasn’t until Feb 22. I’m happy with it though! 
  • @seeds_of_joy I can relate to trying to get house projects done. My husband is in the middle of a partial bathroom remodel and his plans got delayed. He is now stressed out that the bathroom won’t get done before the baby arrives. We’ll survive either way. Fortunately, we have enough bathrooms for everyone in spite of having one that is out of order.

@amccurls Thank you for setting up the threads these last few weeks. And congrats on the new job. It sounds like such a great set up too for a good work life balance!

@itsjess627 Yass to dark chocolate!

@angbaby83 I hope you feel better soon and the uti fully resolves  ❤️

@fertile_turtle So happy that you have everything settled and ready to go for the baby!

@lucygracelaluz2020 Love the foot massage idea!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 2/24, 34w + 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Team blue/pink/green: 💚

Upcoming Appointments: Waiting for my BPP today as I type this up. NST/ Midwife appointment on Wed.

How are you feeling?: I don’t know what happened but I hit a tipping point of discomfort on Friday the moment I started at 34 weeks. This might be TMI but of all the discomforts, hemorrhoids popped out of no where and has been the most uncomfortable and painful of all the discomforts. Insomnia comes in second and thankful that I have time in my schedule to nap and recoup.

Rants/Raves: We had our in person baby shower yesterday and it was so beautiful and heartfelt to have our friends surround us with so much love. We had a great time.

GTKY: A genie grants you the ability to have infinite amounts of one item. What is it? That’s a hard question because I usually prefer variety and not just one thing over and over again. Maybe money? But that doesn’t solve everything in life either. Infinite housekeeping? Then I don’t have to clean up after myself, husband, and future kid? Maybe go for the greater good and ask for infinite world peace? That would be nice too…

• @ttc3y I like the housekeeping idea! That’d be nice 
  • @ttc3y I also like the housekeeping idea...9h yeah and world peace would be great. 😜
  • @amccurls, congratulations on the new position!

@ttc3y, I had what I assume were hemorrhoids toward the end of the second trimester or early third trimester. Honestly, using the restroom was the most painful experience I’ve ever had. I think I said that birthing a child could not be more painful than using the restroom. Of course, I’ve never been in labor before. 😅 I hope it’s not too painful for you and they clear up soon.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 37 weeks tomorrow 😅

Baby is the size of a(n): Romaine lettuce

Team blue/pink/green: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for an NST and regular check-up

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. My pelvic pain is so severe in the mornings that I can barely walk to the bathroom. My limping reminds me of when I was essentially learning how to walk again after having ruptured my Achilles tendon. Plus, my hips hurt more now too. At this point, it’s hard to care about how I give birth. I just want him out! Lol. I am hoping that he makes his exit on his own next week, but he seems to be pretty comfortable.

Rants/Raves: Rant, my company’s parental leave process has been incredibly confusing and my leave technically hasn’t been approved yet. I wasn’t able to request leave until this year due to provider changes, but now everything is super delayed. I also have a couple of big deadlines at work to complete before next week. My final rant is that my cat keeps waking me up at 4:30am and around 6am. Rave, I did some prep work and made multiple freezer meals. I took some DIY maternity photos since I never got around to booking a session with a professional photographer.

Questions: 1) What are your thoughts on newborn photos? I tried to book something weeks ago but never got a response. My preferred photographer isn’t available until March now. Should I spend time asking around, or just take photos myself and have a professional session later on. Are newborn photos worth it? 2) Does anyone have recommendations on eye masks to help with the giant bags under my eyes? I look so tired! 😴 

GTKY: A genie grants you the ability to have infinite amounts of one item. What is it? This is a super hard question. My first random thought was fresh drinking water for everyone. Then, I thought about fresh dragon fruit! I loved the massage idea and also thought of professional cupping whenever I want it and for free. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• EDD / Weeks + Days: Planned c-section on 2/2 

Baby is the size of a(n): head of kale or canary melon (which really makes me want honeydew!) 

Team blue/pink/green: 💙🌈

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for a NST & AFI test 

How are you feeling?: I was really defeated today to learn that my AFI had dropped back to a 7 today & that our ECV had failed. Now a c-section is inevitable, but he passed the NST with flying colors and was super responsive and reactive, plus we could see him taking all the “practice breaths” on the ultrasound which the doctor said was a great sign. He’s fully dropped into my pelvis and didn’t budge a millimeter, which the doctor said was expected because of my fluid level. They said it could be an any-day now situation, but once I have four contractions in an hour/my water breaks I have to head straight in for a c-section because it’s not safe with him being breeched & my low fluid level (so I’ll miss out on the actual laboring part of birth, which is a huge bummer). 

Rants/Raves: rave- minus this fact that I’m having to have a c-section and that the baby is in a frank breech position, we’ve been assured by numerous doctors and nurses that he’s healthy and happy (and apparently quite comfy)in there! At this point, all that matters to me is that he continues to be healthy & grow and I’ll do whatever it takes to keep him that way until he’s good and ready! 

Questions: Anyone a STM who experienced a c-section/emergency c-section and could tell me their top three recovery products/suggestions?? I’ve discovered there’s minimal information about c-sections with a breech delivery compared to typical vaginal births. 

GTKY: A genie grants you the ability to have infinite amounts of one item. What is it? Hmm, this one is tough. As a teacher, I would say an infinite amount of equitable education across the nation would be ideal because so many problems in our society could be solved if people were just taught how to think for themselves. Although, I wouldn’t say no to an infinite variety of high chews or chewy sweet tarts if I had to pick a candy (I prefer tart candy over chocolate, I know 🥴). 

• @karbaud I too plan on doing newborn photos!!  I’m not a huge professional photo type of girl; I didn’t do engagement photos way back when or a maternity shoot, and I only have one framed wedding picture hanging in my house, but there’s something about those newborn photos that always steal your heart. My husband and I are true nerds at heart and plan on doing a fantasy shoot of Harry Potter, Star Wars, LOTR, and Indiana Jones (if/when I can find someone to take them with) 🤣🤣
  • @karbaud we did maternity and newborn with my first. I don’t plan on doing either this time. I’ll take pictures at the hospital myself. Which may or may not be any good, but I want family pictures later on with my son included. So I’m gonna wait until she’s about a month or 2 and we can all take pictures together with her more alert. 
  • PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited January 2023
    Hi everyone! I've been MIA as life has been super busy but since this baby will be coming one of these days I figured I should hop back in and engage.

EDD / Weeks + Days:  Feb 16th, 35 w 6 d

Baby is the size of a(n): pineapple

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: 36 week with MW on Friday, 37 week scan next week

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling okay! Had some pelvic pain but that's better now. Biggest complaints are insomnia and terrible, horrible heart burn. I also seem to have a cold and I never really recovered from the one I had in December so I think I've been sick over a month now. Very much over it.

Rants/Raves: The OB cleared me to give birth in the birth centre because baby is growing okay, but the MFM is checking baby again next week since he was 73% weight at 31 weeks and then 51% at 35. She wants to make sure he doesn't continue shrinking on percentiles too much (my older two were both quite small). FX he's still looking good! I also managed to push back on scheduling an induction for 40 weeks. Instead, we agreed that I would have an appointment with the OB at 40+1 to discuss my options if I get there (I'm 42 so they don't want me going too late). However, my older ones were born at 39+6 and 39+2 so I'm hoping none of that is needed.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: A genie grants you the ability to have infinite amounts of one item. What is it? I'm too tired to think of something profound so I'm going with my first instinct - CHEESE. 😁

@amccurls Congrats on the job! That sounds perfect!

@angbaby83 FX they can get baby to turn for you!

• @Paturkey Welcome back! It’s good see you here and update us. Btw, what does FX mean?
  • @ttc3y Thanks for the welcome back! FX means "fingers crossed" 🤞
  • @Paturkey thanks! It feels like baby is super comfy in there. Glad someone is 😂  

glad you were able to be heard on the induction issue. Hopefully baby comes on his own time and everything goes smoothly, 
  • @itsjess627 I'm totally on your page- neither of my daughters were early, but I'm somehow thinking this boy is going to want to come out before his due date. Mommy's intuition?

@seeds_of_joy So glad you were able to eat some pizza! Heartburn has been a nagging issue this ENTIRE pregnancy for me. See below, lol...

@amccurls Big congrats on the job! Sounds so convenient for a mom with a brand new baby, too!

@angbaby83 My last one (and probably this one) will be c-sections. I'm trying to make sure I don't have to go up and down stairs much, that I have a good amount of mesh hospital undies ready to go to hold the bandages in place, lots of wash wipes for me since showering outright is semi off-limits when you're first recovering (or inconvenient), having one of those supportive multi-piece belts to hold everything together (really good after a c-section because you're so puffed up and swollen), ibuprofen (nuf said), lots of water and something to help with constipation (I use Natural Calm). I think that's about it... Hopefully people around you can help you so you're not having to get up too much.
    ------------------------------------

EDD / Weeks + Days: 36W3D 

Baby is the size of a(n): papaya

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: This week on  Tuesday, I had an ultrasound, then weekly checkin, then NST. More interesting stuff happened… see below 👇 I’m at my second NST of the week right now and decided to knock this out finally!

How are you feeling?: This week, don't know if it was pregnancy-related or not, but my tummy was not really feeling great. No puking or anything, but my heartburn and acid reflux was going really strong. If this is pregnancy related, I’m ready for it to be over!

I'm also just feeling like I can't fit much food at any particular time. I don't think this baby has dropped still (or he's just huge) so it feels like I'm just internally smashed as soon as I eat or drink anything. Getting tired earlier, but then waking up a lot, too, just like the whole gang!! 

Rants/Raves: Rant: some friends with an older daughter and a younger baby are coming to town this week and want to hang out. The fact that the mom and the baby actually made the trip is already surprising (the dad and daughter, not surprising at all), but that they want us to go walking around at a park with them for one, maybe two days in a row is kind of nuts. I'm going to try to get some walking in, but I'm also not going to be crazy/stupid and overdo it. 

Update for this week's office visits - I had the nurses kindly shove three appointments into one day so I didn’t need to come in as many days per week. So, Tuesday started early in the morning with an ultrasound and then I hung out for a doc check up followed immediately by the NST. The oddity was that the ultrasound from this round compared to last showed a 5 point drop in amniotic fluid levels. Still well within “safe” range, but kind of a significant drop considering my last ultrasound was on 12/30. So as I was wrapping up with everybody pretty happy at the NST clinic, I brought that point up and they shot a message over to the on-call doc in L&D to see if I should be tested for water break or something. Long story short (too late, lol), I went over to L&D, got swabbed and checked for major AI leakage and essentially did another NST test while waiting for the results. No issues, and I was eventually sent home. Phew 😅 

Hmmm, if it’s an item, maybe the best lattes I’ve ever had, over and over again. My husband has always made fun of my reaction to good coffees, like I blissfully groan about them like an orgasm 😂

• @cpk3535 the heartburn and acid reflux are probably pregnancy related. If you're anything like me you only get it towards the end of pregnancy? It'll soon be gone!! 😬 I'm so glad your  results were good for fluid leak, etc!