September 2023 Moms

Re: Unpopular Opinions 1/19/23

• I don’t think there’s any reason to TW for pregnancy or baby loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama

I would agree with you. I'm someone who has dealt/is dealing with infertility and so I think I should know how painful/uncomfortable pregnancy announcements can be when you aren't pregnant (but want to be) or when you've had a loss. I can also see how miscarriage posts/etc might make peopIe upset or distressed. I think, mostly, that it's on the individual to manage their reactions and emotions to what are natural and normal (but sad in the case of miscarriage) life events. I've had shows that I had to turn off because the infertile character got pregnant (a miracle! right??!) and it was just too hard to watch for me. There was no warning and I don't think there should be one. Same thing for posts on a site about pregnancy/babies -- you should expect that posts might contain that sort of stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrs_marmalade Oh my gosh, yes, since losing my daughter, I could use some TW for live birth and pregnancy announcements on social media. 😅 And definitely on TV shows and movies for pregnancy or baby loss - those hit extra hard when unexpected. But on any kind of baby or parenting forum, no. Loss is a part of life - it’s not triggering to loss parents, and should be normalized to speak about freely (and hear about freely). Until going through losses myself, I didn’t realize those TW were for the benefit of others and not those who had been through loss themselves.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker