Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Birth control

Are there any types of birth control you would or would not recommend? Thanks in advance. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Re: Birth control

• Options
    I have had the mirena since my 6 week postpartum checkup in 2020. After a few months of my body getting used to it itโ€™s been fine. Now I get super light periods and no cramping. Iโ€™m actually getting it removed this week though to let my body regulate back to normal before possibly ttc
  • Options
    I had the Nexplanon implant in 2019. I had been on the pill before but I hated it. Once I had the implant my periods became super light and Iโ€™d often have them every two or three months rather than monthly. I tested weekly if I was late but it was always negative.ย 

In 2021 we were planning to have a baby so I had it removed. Both procedures (to put it in and to take it out) were quick and painless. There was some serious looking bruising around the site, but it wasnโ€™t even sore for me.ย 

I had one period about three weeks after it was removed and got pregnant on my next cycle. They said fertility comes back immediately but we werenโ€™t expecting to get pregnant so quickly!

I had my son in May โ€˜22 and got the Nexplanon implant again in July. Iโ€™ve had three periods since then, all very light and short. Unfortunately, Iโ€™m not breastfeeding. I donโ€™t know if Nexplanon can be used while breastfeeding because by the time we were talking about BC options my milk had already dried up and it wasnโ€™t a factor in deciding.ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Options
    Im a big fan of the IUDs Iโ€™ve had the Skyla which is just a very light hormones and shorter timeframe one pre pregnancy and it worked great for me. Iโ€™m semi siting to hormones and would get sick from every pill so this was the only one Iโ€™ve tried otherwise that works well. Iโ€™m getting and IUD in 2 weeks because Iโ€™m not ready for a 2nd!ย