July 2023 Moms
Options

Gestational Diabetes?

Has anyone else been told they have to take an early glucose test due to a high BMI?

Ughh this has me so stressed, like I feel guilty for everything I eat right now because freaking everything has carbs and sugar.

I know GD isn't something I can help but everything makes my sugars high it seems like. Even the stuff that's supposed to be safe, it seems like I'm over 140 after eating :/

Re: Gestational Diabetes?

• Options
    ::lurker from June 2023:: 

I always have to take the glucose test early due to family and personal history (this is baby #3). I took it at 12 weeks this time and failed it. 

If you are diagnosed, you’ll probably meet with someone who will help you figure out what you can eat that works for you and if you need medication to help. If you do need medication, it’s doesn’t mean you failed at the diet or anything like that, some people just need now meds no matter how strict they are (I am one of them).

I was struggled a lot with guilt during my first pregnancy, especially when I would have readings way over 140, but it’s really about the overall trend over your pregnancy. I’ve had spikes over 200 with all my pregnancies and both my kids ended up healthy with no complications related to the GD.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers