Weekly Checkin w/o 1/9--All August EDD

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert?
PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

Re: Weekly Checkin w/o 1/9--All August EDD

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Who effing knows at this point. Sometime in late august.

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We were team green until we weren't last time LOL. Probably team finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): find out on wednesday

Upcoming appointments: 1/11 viability U/S, 1/20 if all goes well on 1/11?, Therapy next week, PCP got moved to Feb 17th

How are you feeling? Emotionally all over the place. Glad that symptoms are cropping up still/back/hanging around. I'm taking it as a good sign. I'm still testing every other day, lines are strong but I also don't want to get my hopes up.

Raves/Rants: Wednesday is so far way. 

Hubby is back to work this week. I am remote, but he's a researcher so he's in person. It's nice to get a chance to miss him after two weeks.  

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert? Green Day was my first concert. I've seen them so many times LOL. But best concert even though I was in the nose bleed section was definitely Lady Gaga. Damn that woman can put on a performance! I kinda miss going to concerts. 

I'm so mad that I didn't go to the Tool concert when they were in town in 2019. I was in my third trimester though and Philly has legalized pot, and while I love that, I didn't really wanna experience all the second hand high while pregnant. But DH got to go and loved every second of it. They better not come again until late 2023/2024 LOL so I can go see them next time around.
  • Options
    Melissa112009Melissa112009 member
    edited January 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8wk 2d  EDD 8/19

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I’m happy to have a healthy baby. But leaning towards wanting PINK! 

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: 1/23 blood work and US (hopefully) 

How are you feeling? Great. Very little symptoms. Tender breasts. Occasionally queasy. But nothing other than that. 

Raves/Rants: all I want is to feel sick.as bad  as it sounds lol 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert? I’m not sure if I remember my first concert. But best concert was probably black eyed peas. And they had ludacris and LMFAO open up. I got the tickets for free. Wasn’t expecting to enjoy it. And it was AMAZING!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Melissa112009 that does sound like a good concert!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8wk 5d  EDD 8/16

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! Based on my husband's family's track record, it's probably going to be blue but I'm happy with either.

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: Feb 3 for first trimester screening

How are you feeling? I'm queasy occasionally and still super bloated, but otherwise I feel good. 

Raves/Rants: We announced to my MIL/FIL and MIL was like "oh I already knew a few weeks ago, I could tell by the way you were walking". I'm like what??? I can't get anything past this woman, she has sixth sense for these kind of things, which totally ruins any element of surprise  :# 

Questions: None at the moment.

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert? First concert I think was Zedd before he got popular. Most memorable was Swedish House Mafia because I went with a bunch of friends in university and we had so much fun. I also saw Halsey before she got big, I paid like $30 or $40 for the ticket. She's an awesome performer! 
  • Options
    @wendy838 how could she tell by your walk?!??! That makes no sense.
  • Options
    @stashattack no idea!! maybe I started subconsciously waddling more due to my bloat? Even with my son, she knew before I told her. I know if I have any more kids, I don't need to hide it from her lol
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Aug 26th/ 7 weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out. 

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: I’m going to call in a bit to see if I can get an ultrasound to check on things today. 

How are you feeling? My symptoms went away right as everything else was happening and that was really scary. They came back on Sunday with a vengeance and are back today. I literally wake every morning with what feels like butterflies in my stomach but it’s just the start of my nausea. It’s kinda weird. 

Raves/Rants: I slept all wrong last night and now my neck hurts really bad. 

Questions:  none. 
  • Options

@melissa112009 that sounds like a really good concert. I would have enjoyed that one. I personally didn’t go to concerts when I was younger and now with all my kids it’s just not a doable thing. 

@stashattack hopefully your ultrasound goes well this week. The waiting is the hardest part. 

@wendy838 now I need to know how you’re walking. It can’t be a waddle already. How on earth could she tell because of the way you walk? Crazy! 

• Options
    @emeraldcity603 I hope you can get in for an ultrasound today. And that you spend the rest of the day in bed while your DH takes care of the other kiddos.
  • Options
    @stashattack I got an appointment this afternoon. I’ll probably be doing school with the kids but I can sit the entire time we do that. 

@gingermama29 I was suppose to be starting therapy last month and I had to reschedule my appointment twice due to snow storms. I can imagine it would be really beneficial to have that while going through the first trimester. The stress is brutal. 
  • Options
    @gingermama29 yay for getting to see your therapist! That's amazing :) I'm looking forward to my appointment with mine next week. But depending of the results Wednesday I might text her sooner. Though I think she's on vacation anyway this week.

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/5, 10w2d? The app has me off a day from what I’d thought

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate truffle or strawberry app says

Upcoming appointments: first one this Thursday 

How are you feeling? Just too exhausted every night. And easily irritated 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert? I haven’t done many concerts. First, probably Styx at the county fair with my parents. A sort of dragged along thing. Best, Ramin Djawadi did a really cool GoT one back when that show was big.  
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/16, 8w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! Everyone thinks it’s a girl me included except SO and DS. Boys run strong on SO’s side of the family though so I won’t hold my breath for a girl lol

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear!

Upcoming appointments: one this month…I should probably check when that is

How are you feeling? Awful most days, nauseous and exhausted. Starting to get a bit emotional especially if I don’t get a nap😂

Raves/Rants: I was able to get down prenatals for the first time in 3 days! Granted I took them with a Dr Pepper but at least they’re down!

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert?  First concert was a country music festival with lonestar. Best was George strait, Chris Stapleton, and little big town
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/1, 10w+6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We decided we are not finding out until labor. 

Baby is the size of a(n): a big strawberry, baby sea turtle shell

Upcoming appointments: just left my appt today. Next one is Tuesday 1.17, the chromosome blood work test. 

How are you feeling? So happy bc I just saw my first ultrasound and my baby is bigger than I expected and I have one more week until my 2nd trimester. Morning sickness sucks so I’m over it. 

Raves/Rants: happy about my drs appt but I think I’m going to switch drs. Besides the dr, no one is friendly there. But the dr was on a phone call with her friend chatting it up when i was entering her office. Kind of unprofessional. The ultrasound machine doesn’t have sound? So I didn’t hear my baby’s heartbeat. It’s kind of in the ghetto (I just switched insurances so this is what they offered) and there were soo many people waiting like 20 bc the ultrasound technician only comes on Mondays for an hour. 

Questions: does the ultrasound machine have sound? Lol I don’t know if it was just this office’s machine? 

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert? First concert was Britney Spears when I was 16. 
    Best concert was Coldplay. Super interactive with lights and flying balls everywhere. Have no idea how many songs you know until you attend since they’ve been around for over 25 years! 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/10 / 9w and change 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! I really want to be able to refer to baby by name.

Baby is the size of a(n): olive? Cherry? Something on a charcuterie plate anyway.

Upcoming appointments: 1/26 visit with heart tones and blood work 

How are you feeling? Queasy at night but otherwise pretty much back to normal.

Raves/Rants: I feel like such a jerk with this baby. With my first I knew exactly how many days until my due date, the ultrasound picture was PROMINENT on the fridge, and I was already starting to sort through registry info and learning as much as I could. This time I have no idea what the week/day number is, I think the ultrasound picture is in a pile of medical stuff I need to file, and I haven't done a THING to take stock of what we have or what we need. I get that last time I was a FTM and this time I'm keeping a preschooler alive also but I feel so bad that this one almost seems like an afterthought.

Also my daughter has been sleeping like hot garbage lately and I can't remember the last time I slept more than a 4-hour stretch. HOW DID WE FUNCTION LIKE THIS WITH A NEWBORN

Questions: none for now 

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert? Uh...I have no idea what the first one was. Maybe the Temptations when I was in 5th grade? I probably went to one earlier but that's the first one I remember. I'm honestly not much of a concert person but had ridiculous seats for New Kids On The Block when they released that later album in the late 2000s and that was a ball. (Funny story, too, the opening act that we skipped for an extra drink before the concert was this weird girl named Lady Gaga who had this one techno-ish song that we could take or leave.) Entirely on the other end of the spectrum, I went to a charity benefit concert with a friend who worked at a radio station, also in the late 00s (this was all in my single grad school days, after the dumb 21 but before the "why in god's name would I stay out past 10pm" phase), and we wound up hanging out with the bands for a while afterward (and I got full-on hit on by a VERY drunk Lee Brice) which was fun.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/23 almost 8 weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): somewhere between blueberry and raspberry I think

Upcoming appointments: 1/16 u/s….cannot come quickly enough!! 

How are you feeling? Tired, nauseous, can’t get to sleep but want to nap all day. Still don’t feel like eating until later in the day. Things smell weird

Raves/Rants:  I’m back to work this week and the kids are back to school. I’m already tired. I do get to go home and lay down soon!! 

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert? I don’t like crowds. I went to a Black Eyed Peas concert in college because my roomie won tickets on the radio. It was cool. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 9w according to my OPK calculations and 8w4d according to LMP. I hope the dating scan will put me closer to my EDD than what LMP says 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I’m so torn! We were team green last time which was awesome. When I was pregnant I knew that if I was having a boy I’d be stressed with time to think about it. But if I waited I figured I wouldn’t have gender disappointment. I was right!! But this time I kind of want to know for planning purposes. Like clothes really, and deciding how long we can keep the two kids in one room.  We’ll see. 

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry 

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday u/s!!!

How are you feeling?  I’m feeling ok. My sleep is crap. So much anxiety and getting up to pee. Nausea this morning was rough. Emotionally I’m struggling with motivation and excitement. I think after Wednesday assuming baby looks good I will let myself get excited and plan to tell my parents this weekend. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: Are there any twin pregnancies in the group yet? There were two on my last bump group! 

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert? First was Britney. And best is every Taylor swift show I’ve been to (I’ve been to six — im one of those crazy fans) but probably speak now in 2011 was my favorite, then the reputation tour 
  • Options
    @lmn823 I think I have only heard an early HB once in all my pregnancies. They don’t usually do it where you can hear it this early. They will at 12 weeks if I’m remembering correctly and for sure at the anatomy scan. 
  • Options
    @lily.hazel that one made me cry recently too 😭😭😭
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 I don't we have any twins yet. We had 3 in my last BMB group. It'll be interesting to see if we get any this time around. 

• Options
    @stashattack all the twin moms are in July. So many! 
  • Options
    @pickle-chips I saw it weeks ago when it wasn’t buried. 
  • Options
    @lily.hazel that episode always gets me!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 11w 8/2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green again!

Baby is the size of a(n): A large strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday, 1/16. I'll be relieved to hear the heartbeat again. The lack of symptoms really get to me until I can feel the baby move.

How are you feeling? Pretty good. I'm not nearly as zapped as I've been feeling the past few weeks. 

Raves/Rants: Rave: finally bit the bullet and got a new vehicle. I've been driving around my tiny sedan and when my daughter moved to a convertible, she literally didn't fit. We've been working with only one car seat in my H's car and it's so nice to not have to do that anymore! I also love all of the new comforts/technologies of having an upgrade.

Rant: My daughter's sleep has been atrocious. I think it's her ears but she had tubes put in and I've been giving her the antibiotic drops. I'm afraid one has fallen out or something. I'm taking her to the pedi tomorrow to check.

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What was the first concert you attended? The best concert? I think the first was Savage Garden. The best was probably Elton John. He really puts on a show and literally performs the entire time. It's amazing considering his age and he had just gotten over pneumonia right before we saw him too!
  • Options
    @msjaay can so relate on the car front. My husband is a car guy so our daily is a dodge challenger, his project car is a mustang. Getting the convertible car seat in and out of either car was such a pain in the ass. Last year we got a 3rd car (also to help support our business) and we got an f150. Best decision ever. So much room. Car seat is a breeze. Would never go back. Except when hubby takes the truck in for car work. That's the least fun cuz back in the challey the car seat goes. 
  • Options
    @stashattack I'm on the August due date board on FB and the twins are out of control. I think they're up to 76 now  :open_mouth: Granted, it's a much larger group, but the percentage is still higher than the normal rate of occurence.
  • Options
    @msjaay that's insane. I tried joining the reddit Aug due date group but that was so overwhelming. I could not keep up with all the threads.
  • Options
    I’m also in an august due date group on FB and I have seen a few twins but not that many. Insane! 

As for vehicles, I drive a Honda odyssey and we have officially outgrown it. DH wants to buy me an SUV but I want a 12 passenger van. I would thrive in a 12 passenger van with the kids. Getting gear on in the winter would be so much easier. You really need to do that inside your vehicle because it can be too cold to have the door open. The problem is, you can’t find any around here and I want something new not used. I told DH he is going to have to go to the lower 48 to buy one and then drive it back up to AK. 
  • Options
    Reminds me how nervous I am. Right now I own a mini Cooper convertible….not sure how that’s going to work with a car seat and not sure if I am even comfortable putting a baby in a convertible(it’s a soft top) might have to be looking at different cars by then. 
  • Options
    We’ve been looking/saving for a couple years for a bigger vehicle but stock has been very low. We got lucky over Christmas and found what we wanted. It was the only Traverse on the lot but it’s mine now! It’s nice having a third row. I just hope my big kid doesn’t get bored of being cramped in the back as she grows. So far she doesn’t mind. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19