May 2023 Moms
Options

Anatomy Scan: Week of 12/19

Hey there!
For those having your anatomy scan this week, or who just had it last week, how'd it go??

Size in Oz:
What did the app estimate?
How are you feeling?
Rants/Raves:
Other?

Re: Anatomy Scan: Week of 12/19

• Options
    Baby is due 5/6/23, so we're 20 weeks and 2 days

Size in Oz: 12 oz!

What did the app estimate? A little over 10.

How are you feeling? Getting some energy back, unless I stand too long. Then my hips get achey and it stirs up some sciatica. Also every few days to a week, my lower abdomen gets achey, like cramps almost... but this weekend my upper abdomen is was achey too! After today's ultrasound and seeing where he used the wand, right under my ribs, no wonder - he's growing and spreading out! Also, makes sense as to why I feel like I need to catch my breath more easily now :)
    Rants/Raves: naw... but I do need to start working out more!
  • Options
    ashleyp625ashleyp625 member
    edited December 2022
    Ours was today! Due date 5/6, so 20w2d

Size in Oz: 12 
    What did the app estimate? 10
    How are you feeling? Good! My favorite part of pregnancy is feeling movement and boy do I ever with this one! I am working on some lower back pain, but I expected it to fire up here pretty soon. 
    Rants/Raves: SHE (!) was super wiggly lol. They couldn’t get every measurement but do know that she’s healthy. When not wiggling, she kept her hands under her chin and legs over her head 😂 better get my running shoes out before May! 
    Other?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love it! Looks like we have matching due dates and baby weight so far! I'm sorry your back pain is kicking in. Have you tried the bump bands foe support? I haven't so I don't know much about them, but heard good things regarding back support. My aches are in my abdomen and sciatic nerve area so I don't think it would help me. 

Love that she's so active! Our 2 major ultrasounds have been EAAAARLY like 7am, and I don't think he's a morning person... must take after his mamma! Lol
  • Options
    Lol, I love it! She’s definitely a night owl like me! 
    I have not, but I did go to the chiropractor last week and I think I’ll be going more than once a month 😂 
  • Options
    maggharrismaggharris member
    edited December 2022
    Had my scan at was what supposed to be 19w, but based on the anatomy scan they think she might be 18w3d, which moves my due date from 5/12 to 5/17. Dr isn’t concerned because it’s only one week off and I’m also very petite, but wants me to come back in 3.5-4 weeks to see how she’s growing and to also capture a couple measurements they missed because she was so active. 

Size in Oz: 8.2 oz

What did the app estimate? 8.5 based on original due date.

How are you feeling? A bit tired but otherwise good! Started feeling her move about a week ago!
  • Options
    My anatomy scan was last week, due May 4th, I was 20 weeks 1 day and she's measuring right on track. 12 Oz. The app was estimating 10oz. She took the full hour to get the pictures they needed, she is currently breech, feet and hands all by her head!

I'm feeling really good, heartburn is sometimes an issue, but overall I feel great! I've been craving pistachio pudding! 

• Options
    Just had mine this morning! I’m 20w6d so I’m going with the 21w estimated measurements 

Size in Oz: 1 lb 1 oz  😯
    What did the app estimate? 13oz  
    How are you feeling? Pretty good!
    Rants/Raves: The doctor said everything is “perfectly boring” lol which is what we like to hear!
    Other? It’s a boy!!
  • Options
    @maggharris same with me. My doc moved my date up to May 8, but according to my missed period I have been sticking with May 15th. Followed her instructions and scheduled my anatomy scan when she told me to. Baby measured 18weeks and 3 days instead of 19 weeks. So I have to go again next week to scan him because they couldn’t get good views of his heart. Kind of scares me, but I’m just hoping he was a little too small still. 
  • Options
    I feel better knowing that not getting all the measurements is pretty common. I always stress, but homegirl is in ear like, “No photos, please!”
  • Options
    @almost40npreg they have to check on my little one’s heart too because they missed past of it, as well as the upper lip. No one seemed concerned - Dr said two weeks variance is normal so 4-5 days was totally within the expected range. He wants to see the rate of growth so I will be 4 weeks between scans. Hope yours goes well the second time!
  • Options
    Mine was Friday on 12/23, 20wks exactly 

Size in Oz: 12oz

What did the app estimate? 10oz, I loved seeing all the approx. measurements and percentiles. So far, big head, short limbs. He gave us a thumbs up, too. 

How are you feeling? Been feeling great actually. I’ve had a really easy go of it this whole time but I’ve had a lot of energy and have been motivated to eat well and exercise, so I’ve been in a good headspace. 

Rants/Raves: we’re making progress on the nursery and it’s really fun watching it come together! 

Other? We chose a weird name and everyone we’ve told, even my husbands really traditional family, has really liked it, so that has been surprising and reassuring. 
  • Options
    20w4d scan Today 

Size in Oz: 13oz

What did the app estimate? 10.2oz 

How are you feeling? Having some contractions but nothing consistent enough to worry. 

Rants/Raves: my cervix is still 4cm. So happy to still continue to not be on bed rest. But by my next appointment I will probably be at 3cm which may put me on bed rest but I’m having high hopes and enjoying my time. 

Other? Baby boy is hanging out in my back causing me all kinds of back pain. Thinking it’s time to see a chiropractor and get a massage. 
  • Options
    Just had our 20 week today. I have a random risk condition (I’m talking 1% of pregnancies) where my placenta and cord aren’t connected at the right spot. Here’s an article for thorough info https://www.verywellfamily.com/velamentous-cord-2371665

im pretty freaked out and scared after hearing this from my doc. Baby is measuring right on track tho. It just seems like this could cause a lot of different types of situations/risks from now until birth. Been pretty emotional since getting the news so I just hope so badly that baby stays on track.

13oz and Due date is still May 14. 
  • Options
    Scan was yesterday at 20W 4 days
    Due date is 5/12
    Baby measurred a few days ahead at 14oz

All his measurements were good and proportional. He was a little stinker, staying turned around the whole time with his face smushed against the placenta. I'll have to get another scan at my next appointment to get images they weren't able to get.

The scan showed a small cyst on his bladder. They will look at it again to see if it has shrunk or grown. If it grows they will refer me to an MFM. I'm hopeful it will resolve on its own. 
  • Options
    @ktmaesim my son (a twin) had velamentous cord insertion and- not every case is the same but- it was a non issue for us. I think they just made note of it and said they wouldn't do anything unless he was showing fetal distress on NST later down the line and/or growth issues. They didn't do any extra monitoring or anything. I think I remember them saying it sometimes is an issue during delivery if vaginal because the cord can detach a little easier but obviously they monitor babies for that closely regardless. My advice is to not worry until you have good reason to! I know that is easier said than done. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Had mine this morning!

Size in Oz: 14
    What did the app estimate? 5 days ahead
    How are you feeling? Fine
    Rants/Raves: Rave, he was super wiggly, which was great, but also caused for an over an hour appt haha. Then they had to do an internal one because my cervix was tipped. I have to go back in four weeks because she didn't get one heart shot.
    Other?
  • Options
    I'll just keep this older thread going, haha.

Size in Oz: 16 oz

What did the app estimate? 10 oz

How are you feeling? Relieved! And also still have some nausea and reflux, yay. 😐

Rants/Raves: I'm so glad that everything looked good today! I feel like I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop and this feels like a huge hurdle to have cleared. He was a little gymnast in there and it definitely makes sense why I've been feeling him so much! He's measuring about 10 days ahead, but they left the EDD the same so we'll see how he progresses. 
  • Options
    Size in Oz: 14 oz!

What did the app estimate? Closer to 12 oz (thought I was due May 20, but it looks like I’m May 18 now given how well he’s growing) 💙💙💙

How are you feeling? Pretty good and a huuuuuge relief. I’ve been anxious the whole pregnancy (had growth concerns early on at first US), so it was amazing to see a healthy baby boy in there. 

Rants/Raves: Yay for movement! Love feeling the little bubbles. 
  • Options
    Size in Oz: 16!!
    What did the app estimate? 12.7
    How are you feeling? Not too bad. I have my days where I complain about back pain and I’m usually pretty tired, but other than that I’m grateful I feel okay.
    Rants/Raves: This is my first pregnancy so I’ve been feeling kicks for a while but unsure if it really is a kick, you know? Well they are now confirmed kicks! At the appointment baby girl did not stop moving! I was able to feel what I’ve been thinking are kicks and then see her bouncing around on the screen lol downside to that is the tech couldn’t get all her pictures so I have to do another ultrasound next appointment but everything they saw so far is good. It was nice to hear since I’ve been so nervous for her being okay. 
  • Options
    megh061816megh061816 member
    edited January 2023
    You guys baby's are tiny, Mines measuring 1 lb and 5 oz, oh no 😂 where's that meme of the Simpsons cartoon saying "I'm in danger" 😂😂