1st Trimester
Options

Constant Hunger

I am 5 weeks along and am constantly hungry! This is my 5th pregnancy (2 losses followed by 2 successful pregnancies roughly 8-12 years ago) and I don’t remember EVER being this hungry so early on! I’m drinking about 80 oz of water a day so I know it’s not thirst- and i’m eating mainly healthy foods but right now I find myself chowing down on tortilla chips and it just won’t stop. Anyone else having such an increased appetite already?

Re: Constant Hunger

• Options
    Im about 5 weeks too with my first pregnancy and I either am extremely hungry or have no appetite because I’m nauseous. It changes constantly. 
  • Options
    amber_06amber_06 member
    edited January 2023
    4 weeks 5 days and I feel like I am always eating and still starving! Happy to hear I’m not the only one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg.... I said the same thing. My appetite is off the charts and I am starving every 2 hours. I have no nausea but the hunger is intense. I am so glad I am not alone. I was beginning to worry!
  • Options
    Yes! Today I’m just soo hungry. I am 5 weeks 6 days. I’m literally eating sour cream & onion chips and tater tots. I just ate a McMuffin too lmao I just can’t stop. 
  • Options
    db9080db9080 Just Joined
    Sammmmmmme 4th baby and I can’t believe how much I’m eating
  • Options
    I’m 12 weeks along, but at 5 weeks I could not believe how hungry I was! I’m not the biggest eater, but during that week and into the 6th week I would eat a huge breakfast and then 2 hours later be so hungry it felt like I hadn’t eaten in days! Unfortunately at about the middle of the 6th week the hunger was replaced by all-day nausea… but I think I gained 10 lbs during that week and a half, I was eating so much food.
  • Options
    both my pregnancys were like this it was the only way to ward off my morning sickness. Hunger is good!!! its your baby growing and your body building up substantial resources for your journey. I am extremely fortunate because i have a high metabolism - its hard because i have to eat way more than normal to keep weight. because of this i hesitate to tell all women to indulge but i do believe in listening to your body and you said you are eating well so i say, EAT! feed that baby and make yourself feel good, it should pass by week 8 or 9 possibly a little later