Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what shows or books are you watching or reading these days?

Re: Weekly Check-in 01/2

• 17 weeks tomorrow, due June 13. 
    2nd time mom to another boy.

The internet says about the size of a pomegranate.  These measurements are all so nuts though 😂 

I have an appointment Friday. Anatomy scan will be done in February. 

I'm feeling much better, though still so tired. I sleep pretty poorly most nights. I have a lot of congestion, nausea that comes and goes. I wish I had more energy more than anything! 

I made it through new years eve, hosting yet again. I'd say it was quite successful but so exhausting. I'm so grateful to be out of the holiday season and have some free time now to focus on purging my house, cleaning, prepping for the baby. 

Is anyone feeling the baby move outside of their belly now? I feel like I'm not feeling much movement anymore, but I try not to stress about it. 

I haven't read a book in years unfortunately.  I used to love to read, but mostly I just binge watch Netflix shows now. Right now I'm watching "pieces of her." I just finished "Wednesday " and "the midnight club" both were great. I feel like I've watched everything good there is to offer 😂 
  • kalesix3kalesix3 member
    edited January 2023
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    june 4th, 18 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+:
    third time mom 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    team green 🍏

an artichoke, pepper or sweet potato depending on which app you ask. This week baby starts to hear sounds inside my body though.

Upcoming appointments:
    january 12th for prenatal and 17th for anatomy scan. 

How are you feeling:
    anxious about the baby still being alive, anxious about the sparce movement, still very nauseous and throwing up, but good other than that, it's so nice to have energy again! 

Rants / Raves:
    my two year old has been getting his bottom two year molars and has been miserable, crying all day for several days. He seems a little better today though so hopefully we're out of the woods soon. We also just really need to find a place to live before our lease is up, same old same old lol 

Questions:
    Anyone having any new premonition or dreams about baby's sex if you don't already know? 
    I've had about five new baby girl dreams, interested to see it they switch to boy later on. 

I started blood origin yesterday, I'm not expecting much because the reviews were awful but I loved the OG Witcher series so I'm giving it a shot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 23, 15w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Girl!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a yellow Canary 🐤

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow for a regular prenatal

How are you feeling: lots of round ligament pain, oof!

Rants / Raves: I go back to work tomorrow after two weeks off, and I am not feeling motivated at all.

Questions: 

GTKY: what shows or books are you watching or reading these days? My scintillating reading right now is Oh Crap Potty Training 🤣 And I'm watching The Crown 👑
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6/23, 15+3

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: apple

Upcoming appointments: early anatomy scan with the MFM on Friday

How are you feeling: I feel like I’m back to my normal self. Now I have to make sure I don’t overdo it, which I am prone to do.

Rants / Raves: I took the kids camping Friday night and getting out boosted my energy and mental health so much. DS is not invited next time though because he cried to go home for like half the trip (he has camped before without issues, but having a hard time being away from home at all lately).

Questions: Herbal tea during pregnancy? My OB wasn’t worried about it but when I google it it says to avoid most herbal teas.

GTKY: what shows or books are you watching or reading these days? The Cider House Rules and Entangled life (about fungi).
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @hitcj4687 also currently focusing on cleaning and purging 😂 very few things are safe from my nesting urge. My DH is on board though thankfully and I've felt very productive this past week.

@kalesix3 you HAVE to tell me if Blood Origin is any good, my husband told me he has heard exclusively terrible things so we weren't even going to waste our time watching (I would probably have a hard time with it anyways because I don't do well with prequel/sequel series that don't include the OG characters). But then today he had two friends tell him today that they (somehow lol) hadn't heard all the terrible reviews and loved it, didn't understand what the complaints were about, etc. So we're waffling. We don't often have time for TV shows AND sleep or anything else, so I hate to waste our time.

@peyts228 also getting ready to dive in to potty training DS2. Not looking forward to it lol.

@pttomato my understanding is depends on the herb. I know things like licorice root and the like aren't pregnancy friendly, but ginger, lemon, etc. shouldn't be a problem.

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    17w3d

FTM/STM/STM+:First time mom

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: team Girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: baby’s foot is the size of a gummy bear

Upcoming appointments: mid Jan for another anatomy scan

How are you feeling: really good actually. Some days, minus the heartburn, I don’t really even feel pregnant. But sleeping is rough

Rants / Raves: sleeping my my side! So hard to get used to

Questions:

GTKY: what shows or books are you watching or reading these days? Binging junk tv on Netflix, things like Lockup: Raw and 60 Days In
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 10th / 17 weeks 3 days

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:  We will find out on the 17th

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: OB on the 13th and Anatomy scan with MFM on the 17th 

How are you feeling:  Huge.  I am not sleeping very well.  Trying to stay off of my back is not going well.  My pregnancy pillow form my last pregnancy is so huge and won't work, I just ordered a new smaller one for this time around. 

Rants / Raves:  Work is so stressful.  And I still need to nail down my maternity leave details with my boss which I planned on doing today but he is apparently out at meetings all day.  We are a very small firm and there hasn't been a pregnant woman in like 20 years and there is certainly no policy.  But I really need to start getting childcare in order.  Ughhhh I so worked up the courage to bring it up today too. 

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: what shows or books are you watching or reading these days?  Just finished the second season of firefly lane on Netflix.  It was so good. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB I'm in the exact same position - our firm has 5 attorneys (all men) and 3 paralegals (all women) and I'm potentially the ONLY pregnant woman the firm has ever employed. Two of our attorneys had kids in the last 5 years, but 1. they're both men and pat leave looks so different than mat and 2. they obviously rank way differently than me so I have no idea what to expect. I'm sure there's not a maternity leave policy regardless. I'm terrified to work up the gumption to talk to either of the attorneys I report to about it. But now that it's officially "baby year" I know I need to. 
  • @thescarletmom ugh.  The struggle is real.  My only saving grace is my boss has two daughters my age who have been popping out babies like crazy so I think that might help me a bit haha.  When I first told him he told me to take whatever I was comfortable with but I need to know what the MEANS haha. With my son I worked at a much larger firm and got 10 weeks paid and took an additional 2 unpaid so I took 12 total.  I am hoping I can take 10-12 but I need to know what pay will look like before making that decision. America is great, isn't it?
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

6/15/23   16 w 5d

FTM/STM/STM+:

this is baby #5

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Boy

baby is the size of a newborn hat

Upcoming appointments:

next appoint is Monday

How are you feeling:

Feeling pretty good, I’ve been getting really bad headaches

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

we are rewatching home improvement right now, we just finished Wednesday a few weeks ago. 
  • @thescarletmom I couldn't get on with the LOTR prequel but so far I like blood origin, they might still ruin it but I didn't find it that generic like the reviews said. I'm only a few episodes in though 
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 24 so 15+4 I think

FTM/STM/STM+: third kiddo

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: hopefully finding out soon!

Upcoming appointments: appt with midwife on Thursday. Really hoping we can see baby’s sex cause we are dying to know. This is probably our last baby and we have two girls so basically the entire fam is hoping we have a boy.

How are you feeling: pretty okay. Very up and down, but definitely feeling better than I was last month!

Rants / Raves: I usually LOVE new years. I make a vision board and start a new journal and I just find it so refreshing and motivating. This New Year’s Eve, my mom dropped a HUGE bomb on me and basically ruined the holiday for me. I spent that whole night and the next day home crying lol. I’m dealing with a lot of conflicting emotions regarding that situation right now and I’m not thrilled about the way it was handled. 

I’m currently reading The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah and Wordslut by Amanda Montell. Both are great!! Four winds can be suuuper intense and depressing so I have to read it in small chunks, but its beautiful writing. Wordslut is a pretty feminist book for people who like words and history and I love it so much! Highly recommend. Rewatching new girl with my husband right now. Need something fun and lighthearted haha
  • @ReadyForaB fingers crossed you get clarity because I also would be wracking my brain on what that means! I got the courage yesterday to mention that I was thinking about maternity leave and what that will look like to my boss, and he said he'd discuss it with the powers that be (the partners lol) and get back to me. So I was definitely right that there is no mat leave policy 😂 and how much paid time off they'll offer is a big factor for me, too. I'm a bit nervous because I've never been at a company so small they don't have FMLA while pregnant before, and I don't like the idea of taking less than 12 weeks. The way things played out, I was home with DS1 and 2 for 10 months before going back to work. And I just know for sure that *that's* not going to happen this time and it's been kind of hard to process, even knowing that baby will be kicking it at home with dad and brother. 

@kalesix3 I actually loved Rings of Power! But I'll patiently await your review haha.

@bridgettetheboxer my mom is the queen of dropping huge bombs on people very casually and she did that to me on Christmas Eve 🥴 it's more old family secrets than anything else (kind of a juicy story honestly) but it caught me so off guard and she said it all so casually, I thought I was having a stroke. I'm sorry it put you in a bad spot mentally right at the new year. I know I'm bad about having an all-or-nothing mindset and that would be hard to come back from starting the year that way. I hope you can regroup and get to enjoy some of your new years planning traditions 🩶
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 19/16 wks 2days

FTM/STM/STM+: second

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: boy

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: avocado 🥑 

Upcoming appointments: On Tuesday I have a routine appt and then on the 19th I have my anatomy scan at the mfm at 18 wks. 

How are you feeling: I am feeling really nervous about the anatomy scan but symptom wise I feel good. The only thing bothering me is my back

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what shows or books are you watching or reading these days? I am counting down the days until You comes back on Netflix. We are currently watching Yellowstone though… and it’s first few episodes triggered me so much. 
    June 14 / 17w

FTM/STM/STM+:
    Third time mom

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Finding out later this month

A pomegranate - and we happen to have one in our kitchen right now

Upcoming appointments:
    Regular midwife appt tomorrow, anatomy scan on the 26th at 20w1. Starting to get some nerves about the anatomy scan, just want to see that baby is healthy and doing their thing. 

How are you feeling:
    Some days are good, and some are really hard. Fatigue, poor sleep, headaches, dizziness, back aches, not able to eat much at meals but feeling terrible if I don't eat, pelvic pain when I walk sometimes, vomiting. Usually not all at once, and some days I have tons of energy and moving feels good, and vomiting is minimal. 

Rants / Raves: 

Questions:
    Did anyone else who had flutters early on have a period where they just... didn't feel baby for a long time? I feel like I haven't really felt the baby for days, and for a while before the last flutter too, and it's starting to freak me out. 

I'm currently rewatching criminal minds while I'm folding laundry, etc. at night. I wish I read more but it's been a bit since I've picked up a novel.
  • @thescarletmom YES! I felt him a few times and I haven’t felt anything since and it’s been a few weeks. 
  • @francesgs yes! It feels like I felt the baby every few days-ish for 2 weeks and then... poof. I didn't feel anything I felt certain was baby for a while! Very strange and did *not* happen with my other pregnancies. I'm happy I have an appointment with my midwife today, just to hear the heartbeat and maaaaybe see baby on the u/s. 
  • Aw I hope you get to see baby today! 
  • @thescarletmom I hear yah.  I finally cornered my boss today and told him I wanted to talk about my leave and he immediately offered 12 weeks with pay.  So, whew!  Huge load off my back.  I feel so much better. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18 weeks!

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Boy

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: sweet potato 

Upcoming appointments: 26th for anatomy scan 

How are you feeling: ok. My whole family had COVID over Christmas and dang these illnesses have seriously taken a toll on me. Being super sick, pregnant and taking care of two little humans (20 mo and 3.5yrs) is seriously hard. However, very grateful to be on the mend and that these illnesses are just temporary. Always gotta find the gratitude as I know it could be so much worse. 

Rants / Raves:
    See above lol. Also, I just told my work yesterday and feel such a relief. It's really no big deal but for some reason I was really procrastinating.
    Questions:

Just finished firefly lane, now we're stuck in terms of shows that we can agree on to watch that are also kid appropriate (enough). 
  • @pttomato in regards to herbal tea. I love nettle leaf, red clover and oat straw. Also super into red raspberry, but I think you're supposed to wait until after like 30 something weeks for that as it's meant to tone the uterus in prep for labor. 
  • Due Date: June 7

First Time Mom

Team Girl 

Upcoming appointments: T-minus 11 days until my 20 week ultrasound & I’m starting to become really impatient for it. In my head, it didn’t feel for sure until then. Since I’ve had miscarriages & this is my 1st, I’ve held off on doing anything until this date (e.g buying new bras/maternity clothes, thinking about a name, etc). After this appt, I plan to tell family, friends, work so everything hinges on this next appt in what feels like a big way. 

How are you feeling/Rant/Question: Ugh, I’ve had GI issues from the beginning of this pregnancy, but has gotten worse now. I can’t go-go (going on 3 full days & pre-pregnancy I was that annoyingly-regular-at-the-same-time-every-day person 😭). My Dr & nurse gave me some recommendations so I’ve been taking Metamucil (fiber gummies) for weeks & I’m on day 4 of taking Miralax (laxative) but so far not working. Just feels extra bloated - like rock-hard stomach & not in the good way 😂. Anyone else dealing with this & have other suggestions? I’m not experiencing other symptoms so reminding myself it could be worse.

Book/shows?: My 1st book of 2023 was “The Girl Who Drank The Moon” & I enjoyed it. Just finished season 2 of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime & that got so intense that it helped me forgot about my GI issues so that was a win! 
  • @krnadoptee Oh man!  Have you tried vitamins with less iron in them?  I can only take a very select few of prenatals or else I get that way.  I am on Olly now and they don't do that to me. When I was pregnant with my son years ago, GNC made a no iron version but they have since stopped. Olly has iron but about half of what most prenatals do. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• @krnadoptee I second the recommendation above about looking into your prenatal. You might want to ask your OB about an iron-free prenatal paired with a slow release iron option like Slow FE.

I had to use that combo while postpartum/breastfeeding, and it helped a lot!

Worst case scenario, you could use the trick I use with my toddler- prunes or prune juice!
  • I take a prenatal with a low dose of iron in it and I’ve never had an issue. 
  • @thescarletmom that is such a comforting appt! I'm so glad they listened and just did what you needed and you are able to know everything is just fine. I'm still betting on a third boy for you! 
  • @hitcj4687 I want another boy so bad! It's hard knowing DH and DS1 are hoping for a girl though. When DH and I first got married he told me he always pictured having a daughter, and there were definitely moments before this pregnancy where I'd feel a little twinge of wistfulness for a daughter. But now I just can't picture it. Plus the only name I'm super sold on right now is a boys name and I'll be so mad if I can't use it 😂 three more weeks and we'll know the sex! I don't feel too impatient, but I worry that will change any minute haha.
  • krnadopteekrnadoptee member
    edited January 2023
    @ReadyForaB  @peyts228 & @francesgs: thx for ur advice, didn’t even think it was prenatal but yeah I’ll gladly switch that up 🙏🏽 
  • @thescarletmom I had been feeling flutters and they got more consistent and then for 2.5 weeks around Christmas I felt absolutely nothing, I couldn't feel baby at night, or laying down quietly or poking my belly or anything at all. I spent Christmas pretty sure it had died and just kind of dreading the situation and if course my clinic closed a bunch over the holidays for everything but births so I couldn't go get an emergency ultrasound. I was a mess wondering after new years if I should just go in and I decided to wait until at least 18 weeks and if nothing changes I'd go in so I didn't have to find out the bad news at my anatomy scan. But this week I've been feeling a ton of movement unexpectedly, still not as strong as I'd like but baby likes to hang out at the top of my uterus is so maybe the placeta muffled it but I'm so freaking relieved to feel anything at all. When baby starts kicking when I go to bed I can feel it so much clearer in the outside. I'm just anxiously waiting for my scan now. 

In other news when I was texting my friend she texted me "how is your pregnancy going? I'm so glad she's moving again, I hope everything is okay with her". 🙃 She knows we don't know but she just "knows" it's a girl lol, we'll see! 
    I can't believe I'm 19 weeks on Sunday, time is going by so fast this time 😭