Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Leg slamming

Hello! My little 3 and half month old has started this thing where he lifts his legs up and then slams them down pretty hard, he does it in his pack in play, on the changing table, and in his bassinet. Does anyone else’s LO do this?? I read that it is super common in boys and is a way of self soothing but it does not seem soothing at all… 😂

Re: Leg slamming

• Options
    oh my gosh yes. My son started doing this around 2.5mths. In the pack and play it sounds like he is a WWE wrestler jumping off the ropes to body slam someone. His bassinet is softer so it’s not loud and less disruptive at 3am. I agree, doesn’t seem very soothing!
  • Options
    Yes! Mine is about to be 4 months and has been able to start controlling the drop a little better. It’s getting more gentle. I think before he just left them up so long his muscles gave out and they fell. He loves waving them in the air all the time though. If he’s on his back, his legs are up. 

Try poking him in the face with his foot while he’s doing it! It makes our baby smile every time and sometimes makes him laugh a little!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG, My first son did this for months!   I used to hold his feet and do the bicycle kicks to help him keep his legs moving without such a startling sound! It did help a little and he would even fall asleep sometimes that way too. I remember his Dr. said it was very common. He eventually grew out of it. 😊
  • Options
    Omg I definitely thought this was something unique that my son did. He's 4 months now been doing it since about 3 months. My husband worries about him hurting himself because he gets baths in a metal sink and tries to do that. It doesn't seem to hurt him at all but sometimes I freak out! When he does it in his pack n play, it makes the elephants on his mobile move. I thought he might be doing that on purpose. I find it so cute! 
  • Options
    My daughter does it too. She’s 5 months.